Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM

dog had spell

our dog woke up about 5.30am this morning,he wimpered then moved his head from side to side.Kind of staggered into the the livingroom & peed & pooped then threw up on the floor.He seemed a little dissorientated.It seems like he had a cramp or something.This has happened a couple of times before over the past 2 years.He seems ok after.Could this be a muscle spasm.He has had his reglar physical & seems fine otherwise.He is A Shih-tzu & 3 years old.
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM

You should take him to the vet just to make sure that everything is ok.
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:07 AM

I agree.....when they start losing urine and bowel function and vomiting too, that's a little disconcerting.....I would get him in to the vet. At least it's daylight hours and you won't have to deal with emergency visit $$$$......
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Senior Contributor

It sounds more like a seizure than a muscle cramp. Have you ever discussed this with your vet? What did they have to say if so?
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Those are all signs of a seizure. That is what my toy does every time she has one. I have learned to get her outside as quickly as possible so she eliminates outside. The vomiting happens too.
Please get the little one in to see the vet asap and have tests run.
Just a thought... L4H has done this and it worked well for her. If you have a camera with video capabilities video it the next time it happens for the vet to see.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Those are all signs of a seizure. That is what my toy does every time she has one. I have learned to get her outside as quickly as possible so she eliminates outside. The vomiting happens too.
Please get the little one in to see the vet asap and have tests run.
Just a thought... L4H has done this and it worked well for her. If you have a camera with video capabilities video it the next time it happens for the vet to see.
Thanks 14+, yes I video taped my kitty when she was having continuous coughing one night, turned out to be a fur ball that just wouldn't come out, but saved me a lot of money by not having to run a lot of tests on her heart and lungs. When the vet can see what is happening, it takes a lot of guess work out of the equation.

Good luck.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Paddington update

Hi everyone,Well I took Paddington to the vet & it is possible that he had a small seizure.They did blood work & they will let me know the results.Thank you all for responding to my post.Will let you know the results