Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 20th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Innova EVO canned for cats/dogs

I have a questions for those of you here who are more food savvy.

I've been buying my gang the Innova Evo canned and so far they seem to enjoy it. The cans they like the most are the Cat & Kitten Turkey & Chicken formula. I went this morning and they didn't have any of the 12 oz cans. The sales girl steered me to the Dog food section, to the same Turkey & Chicken formula, but for dogs.

The can has the exact same ingredients and nutrient percentage. The only difference is the dog food can contains Selenium Yeast, and says contains less than 12% carbs as opposed to the less than 7% for cats.

I wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with this particular brand. I got some Merrick and the Evo beef formula. I also got two of the dog labeled formula.

The sales girl told me if I still felt iffy about giving it to them or if they didn't like it I could bring back the unopened can, but she'd credit me for two.

My main concern is that Selenium yeast. I just don't know if that's anything that would be bad for them, seeing as it's not included in the cat formula but in the dog.

The sales girl also said many of the higher quality food companies basically make the same formula, but for obvious reasons change the packaging. I wonder how true that is.

Any thoughts?
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/