Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 16th, 2009, 12:18 PM

Found Siamese Cat Pointe-Claire/Beaconsfield south

Found a small Siamese cat on Pointe-Claire avenue which borders Beaconsfield south. Has been around for over a week. Please call me for more information 514-919-1135. Ask for Chantal
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Chantie,

Please put up posters and also contact the MSPCA, Berger Blanc and whoever has the contract out there. Let them know that you have the cat in case someone reports him/her missing.

Thanks for taking this cat into safety. Please do not bring to BB nor the other pound. If need be, contact me and I will try to assist.
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Senior Contributor

I would also not put a picture or too much information on the poster, since someone other than the owner may try to claim it (this happened to me). Siamese are very 'desirable'.
Are you keeping the cat inside?
Ditto not taking her to either shelter; even if they were no-kill (which they are not), it is incredibly hard on the animal and stress-related illnesses are common.
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Thank you for the information. I'll call Berger blanc tomorrow. Note that the cat is currently staying at a vetenarian's house and is being taken care of. I need to make a change to the tread, the vet confirmed that the cat is probably a Tonkinese. Would you know how to change the title to the thread? to read: Found Tonkinese/or Siamese cat Pointe-Claire/Beaconsfield?

As an additional note, an ad will run in the news and chronicle this Wednesday; The Gazette this saturday, and La Presse as well. I've posted it on petfinder.com, and this site, as well as notified the SPCA. My mother will also put posters out on hydro poles tomorrow. No worry. No picture, we are not even indicating her age, or sex. Let's hope we can find the owner. If not, the vet has offered to adopt her.
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Chantie,thank's for helping her,I am certain someone is looking for her,I hope the right owner is found,but being adopted by a vet is not too bad either.

Tags
beaconsfield, cat, found, pointe-claire, siamese