Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 7th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Thumbs down Disgusting new website

matchmakerpet (dot)com
Have you seen this I was disgusted the world needs more dogs while thousands die daily.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog

Last edited by marko; August 8th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM

That's still around?? This went up about a year or two ago. Those people were on Dragon's Den asking for money. There was a bunch of backlash about that and many people posted to DD outraged by this. I think Arlene invested in them initially and then backed out once people starting writing to her and I think she issued a statement apologizing. It was all over FB.
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Senior Contributor

I am not sure if this is the same one but I looked around today and there forum is empty but you have to join to really look around. Of course they have ads on FB
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Willing cat servant

Pure B.S.
Profiting from animals as usual. With all the problems we have to solve with overpopulation of abandoned and stray animals and puppy mills... Oh yeah! I'm sure we needed people breeding over a website.
The saddest part is not the fact that such a website exists but that people USE it! That's what gives life to these kind of businesses.
We should all be spaying and neutering our dogs and cats and only a few registered breeders do their thing.
Society is not there yet. Still a lot to realize and a lot to learn in the mean time our furry friends will continue to pay the price of our ignorance.
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Please keep in mind that when you add links to sites you hate, that these links HELP those sites in question to come up higher in google searches.

Especially given that the intended goal is not to promote the above site.....
I am removing the link.
You'll need to type it into your browser if you want to visit.
thx.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I was actually watching the DD when they were on there. The only one on board was Arlene, who thought it was a great idea and a great investment

She did, in fact, make them an offer. After the show aired there was an outpouring of disgust and actually even threats made. Arlene did post that she didn't really think about it and apologized, and withdrew her backing. But IMO, the harm was done. Here, you have a well recognized and respected public figure saying that it's not only ok to do this, but actually backing it for profit!! I understand that people make mistakes, but anyone with half a brain (not to mention a tv, computer or radio) should be aware of the issues concerning pet over population. Look at the TV shows dedicated to just that very thing, all the stars who have really taken the spotlight when it comes to adopting a homeless pet etc. There's no excuse to be "uninformed", especially when you're in the public eye. It was careless on her part. There should have been no reason to apologize in the first place. The fact they were even allowed on the program disgusts me... and I haven't watched it since. Just my

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Willing cat servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
I was actually watching the DD when they were on there. The only one on board was Arlene, who thought it was a great idea and a great investment

She did, in fact, make them an offer. After the show aired there was an outpouring of disgust and actually even threats made. Arlene did post that she didn't really think about it and apologized, and withdrew her backing. But IMO, the harm was done. Here, you have a well recognized and respected public figure saying that it's not only ok to do this, but actually backing it for profit!! I understand that people make mistakes, but anyone with half a brain (not to mention a tv, computer or radio) should be aware of the issues concerning pet over population. Look at the TV shows dedicated to just that very thing, all the stars who have really taken the spotlight when it comes to adopting a homeless pet etc. There's no excuse to be "uninformed", especially when you're in the public eye. It was careless on her part. There should have been no reason to apologize in the first place. The fact they were even allowed on the program disgusts me... and I haven't watched it since. Just my
The funny thing is I've watched like 3 episodes of DD in my whole life and THAT was PRECISELY one of them. Yuck~