Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM

Smile The Move

Well we are in our new place. Zena took it surprisingly well for such an emotional pooch. She absolutely loves it here and settled in within a day or so. I think she likes the size difference. Now that I'm in a much bigger space I can't for the life of me figure out how I managed in such a tiny apartment. The storage is insane here and the dogs have plenty of room even inside to romp. They love chasing each other up and down the steps. They have never lived in a place with an upstairs before. I even have a spot out of the way for their chew blanket. They have their own blanky to lie on to chew their toys. If I didn't have that Pippin would constantly battle me to chew things on the couch which I don't allow them to do. Even their kennels fit in my bedroom with lots of room to spare and Zena's kennel isn't small by any means. I think she likes it better here then the other place. I'm so glad she adjusted so well. All The teasing thing seems to have calmed down as well. She even likes the ones who did it again. The only thing that sucks right now is that we have no fenced yard which means tie out or leash for the little guy. Zena I can just let out and watch her from the porch. We have the yard for a fence it just needs tons of repair. We have a kennel run that was donated but, had a big snow storm and can't have it delivered yet because it has to be taken apart before it can be moved and the snow is too deep to do anything yet. We have a 3rd dog moving in in Jan and it's a good thing they all get along. He is under 10lbs so quite tiny compared even to pippin. He belongs to a friend who is moving in with us. So that's my news about our big move. Can't wait until the baby is born pray that adoption services likes this place, I really don't want to move again that's for sure. It's a nice house so I think it will be fine. ttyl.
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
-

Sounds like all is going good for everybody Good luck with adoption services when the time comes.
Old January 7th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Sooo Exciting

Well adoption services came and inspected the house today and she loves the house. The dogs love it too and we moved in a 3rd pooch belonging to one of the girls living with us. Pippin isn't taking too kindly to this turn of events and has marked his territory in a few places to prove it including the baby's room. I didn't think fixed animals did that kind of stuff. Grrr. Zena doesn't even care who lives here as long as she gets her attention but, Pip is not happy about it. He is fine with dogs that visit but apparently not ones that move in and the other day he snapped at a small kid for no apparent reason which is totally out of character for him. He usually loves kids. Not sure what to do about that one yet. Watch him I guess. Our baby is coming in a week or so.