Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old April 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Rottweilers in Need - Urgent!

Cross-posted with permission
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know the breeders, but it really is a life and death situation for the dogs and the elderly breeders. There are 6 dogs in total that need homes by next week, or they will be euthanized. Four Rottweilers, all German lines, purebred, registered, show quality, all have been shown. Two of the 4 Rotts are German Imports, and "speak" German. They also have their tails, as is European policy.
Import female named Getty is 4 yrs old.
Import male is 3 yrs old and called Fritz.

German line girl is called Jewel and is 2 yrs old, German line male is 6 yrs old and has obedience as well as conformation. His name is Ira
We also have 2 purebred Cane Corso under 2 yrs of age needing homes ASAP. One male, one female. Sophie and Rocco. I have contacted the breed clubs, but haven't heard anything from them, and these dogs are in dire straights. The elderly couple/breeders are in hospital and are dying. The relative/keeper of the dogs, who is in charge will euthanize these dogs by next week because they do not want them falling into the wrong hands. You can contact the helper, Joanne at 519-845-0879, or by e-mail at: Rottgirl35@canoemail.com
Thank you!
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I have forwarded this info to a friend of mine.
Old April 25th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Trying to find responsible, permanent and knowledgeable homes for 4 Rotties and two Cane Corsos in a week......

I have no help to offer, but just want to reiterate something.

PLEASE make provisions for your pets in your will. Make sure someone can take them, and that there is money to provide for them.

If you are elderly and have this number of animals, the chances are they will outlive you and you have to think of that BEFORE you get them. Even if you are young, accidents and illness can happen.

We see this a lot. Someone dying and leaving a large number of animals who all need homes NOW.
Old April 25th, 2005, 01:20 PM
4ever luv 4 life!!!

female corso was taken already yesterday. I contacted Joanne. I have one more room for another baby. I hope to get the male corso. Praying for this.
Old April 25th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

NOT trying to discourage you, but don't you have a male pit mix? Are you willing and able to keep the two dogs separated for the rest of their lives if necessary?
Old April 25th, 2005, 03:24 PM
4ever luv 4 life!!!

not a prob lucky, i have had mixes of dogs in the past pitty, mini-pin, dalmatian, ducshund and lab all mixed and not tied nor caged.....they all mixed...i believe it depends upon the owner....so far my dogs were never agressive. infact duke is still a baby and will socialize with the corso at an early age....my hubby had a pitty before and had 3 akitas at the same time....they protected each other instead of competing with each other.

Last edited by pupyluv668; April 25th, 2005 at 03:31 PM.