Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 17th, 2014, 09:02 PM

My Puppy has a red eye and swollen, help Please

Hello there my name is martin, im new to the site, im a new dog owner for the past 7 months, I purchased a Chinese crested powder puff puppy at about 8 weeks old he is 8 months old now, a few days ago I noticed after bringing him home from petsmart from his groom, bath and brush teeth, he was vomiting his food up the first day, and vomiting liquid up for the first 2 days, then the 3rd day 1 more time and that was it, but on that day I noticed his eye was red and it was half closed, so I gave him benedryl dose and this morning everything was better he was active and running around and finally ate some food, today I noticed his left eye (same eye as last night) the WHITE part on the outer corner looks like its swollen and maybe some liquid inside it like a bubble but not huge or anything, and seems like a clear discharge, can anyone help? on what I can give my dog for a home remedy. thank you.
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:29 PM

It sounds like your dog needs to see a vet - I'd make an appt and see what they think.
Old December 17th, 2014, 10:18 PM

that's what everyone says, but sometimes people cant afford to go see a vet and pay hundreds of dollars to hear what others might say on this website as well
Old December 17th, 2014, 11:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult for anyone to diagnose an ailment sight unseen. That's why it's so important that you get your pup to a vet. Especially when there's eye involvement--eyes are too important to risk. If you have a good relationship with your vet, you may be able to work out a payment plan if necessary. A good vet will tell you up front what an initial office call will cost--and how much it costs after that depends on what it turns out to be. If the stomach issues have sorted themselves out, it might be something as simple as ointment for the eye.

Is your dog current on vaccinations? If so, the vet that vaccinated your dog would be a good place to start? You already have a record there...

If your dog is not up-to-date on its parvo vaccine, then a trip to the vet is critical--the stomach symptoms could be consistent with parvo.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:52 AM

He's up to date on all his shots, but this morning he went outside and vomit again 2-3 times in a row poor guy I dunno what else to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult for anyone to diagnose an ailment sight unseen. That's why it's so important that you get your pup to a vet. Especially when there's eye involvement--eyes are too important to risk. If you have a good relationship with your vet, you may be able to work out a payment plan if necessary. A good vet will tell you up front what an initial office call will cost--and how much it costs after that depends on what it turns out to be. If the stomach issues have sorted themselves out, it might be something as simple as ointment for the eye.

Is your dog current on vaccinations? If so, the vet that vaccinated your dog would be a good place to start? You already have a record there...

If your dog is not up-to-date on its parvo vaccine, then a trip to the vet is critical--the stomach symptoms could be consistent with parvo.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin83 View Post
He's up to date on all his shots, but this morning he went outside and vomit again 2-3 times in a row poor guy I dunno what else to do
Even when a dog is up to date on their shots, parvo can still be a risk.

You really need to find a way to get your dog to a vet - it's not fair to him to let him suffer
Old December 18th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Anything to do with the eyes is very frightening and I would Vet. I'd Vet for that amount of vomitting as well, it's gone on too long and a small, slightly built dog like that might dehydrate quickly.

You don't mention poop. Is he pooping? If not the vomit symptoms might indicate an obstruction. Or another of any number of things.

My vaccinated puppy got Parvo when she was 6 months old.
Old December 18th, 2014, 12:59 PM

Yes my dog is pooping fine and peeing, drinks water and eat little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
Anything to do with the eyes is very frightening and I would Vet. I'd Vet for that amount of vomitting as well, it's gone on too long and a small, slightly built dog like that might dehydrate quickly.

You don't mention poop. Is he pooping? If not the vomit symptoms might indicate an obstruction. Or another of any number of things.

My vaccinated puppy got Parvo when she was 6 months old.