Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM

neoplasene

Hello may I introduce myself, my name is Elaine I have 2 dogs who have been on the raw food diet for about 4yrs now. I just registered today to this forum, I was reading on this website somewhere before I registered. The persone was talking about trying neoplasene..... We are going through this prosedure now Friday was the beginning of the treatment for fibre sycoma tumour. Today is Sunday and already there is a significant change in the tumour, I do have a question as this is the first time our holistic vet has used this procedure Is the swelling normal?
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:36 AM
-

I have no idea but am bumping this thread up as it seems to have gotten buried. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you. Good luck with your dog's treatment.
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Neoplasene

I have a 13 yr old Austrailian Shepherd who has a huge, unoperable fibroid tumor on her leg....anyone used Neoplasene treatements on such a growth? Any information on this treatment would really be appreciated..
Thanks,
Jackie
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:23 PM

neoplasene

How is the dog now? I just started and am interested in knowing the results of others.
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:38 PM

I haven't had any actual experience with Neoplasene/Black Salve, but Whole Dog Journal had an article about it in their latest issue (June 2007). They mention a "Black Salve Cancer Open Forum" yahoo group-http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/t...nceropenforum/
That group has people who are experienced with this treatment, so it may be a helpful resource.
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Neoplasene X

I am new to the forum, and would like to share info with others who have used Neoplasene. I have just started my Scottie on the protocol, and of course have questions and concerns, but also a lot of hope and faith in it. We just past the 24 hour mark after using the injectable and waiting for something to happen. It sure was painful for her. We will be adding the salve in a couple of days, if I understand the proposed protocol. Hope there is someone out there willing to share and discuss.
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:01 AM

We just started it last week...injectible Neo on a huge oral tumor. It is very painful...make sure your vet gives you lots of pain pills!!!! My dog's entire lower jaw swelled up for about 24 hours, then the gross meltdown began. The Neoplasene did what it was supposed to do......unfortunately for my golden, the tumor was huge and therefore a huge amount of his lower jaw no longer exists. It's amazing and really gross at the same time. The smell is overwhelming. However, my golden is not ill. He hasn't lost any weight, I hand feed him raw meatballs. It's only been a week since in the injections, so I have no idea what kind of healing will eventually take place....but I'm very grateful that he is up and about!
Old June 6th, 2007, 01:46 PM

neoplasene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogngt View Post
We just started it last week...injectible Neo on a huge oral tumor. It is very painful...make sure your vet gives you lots of pain pills!!!! My dog's entire lower jaw swelled up for about 24 hours, then the gross meltdown began. The Neoplasene did what it was supposed to do......unfortunately for my golden, the tumor was huge and therefore a huge amount of his lower jaw no longer exists. It's amazing and really gross at the same time. The smell is overwhelming. However, my golden is not ill. He hasn't lost any weight, I hand feed him raw meatballs. It's only been a week since in the injections, so I have no idea what kind of healing will eventually take place....but I'm very grateful that he is up and about!
Oh my!! Good for you. We also did the injectable for our scottie on Monday evening into a golf ball size tumor that had created 2-3 large nodules(more tumors) on top of it. Anyway, there was some swelling right away, and the nodules seem to merge into 1 large blob on top of the tumor, and YES, Painful....so much stinging. Vet gave us a tramadol, and I gave her 1 for the night, and she was not resting well, panting is big side effect. But nothing else happened. Today is Wed and she is still lethargic, melancholy,aloof. Doesn't appear to be in pain, not eating normally, but taking some in. We plan to apply salve as soon as this breaks open, which we were told was going to happen right away if not in 48 hours. My vet called today to say he spoke with another alternative vet that has used it for over a year on numerous small pets, and she says nothing will happen for 5 days, then everything will start working. We are also starting the oral Neoplasene. While I'm not looking forward to the "meltdown", I am prepared and just want it to happen to move forward. This little girl was a rescue for us a year ago from a puppymill auction and she was really settling in thinking life was pretty good afterall. So we will keep the faith and hope strong and watchful eyes. Please keep posting as to your progress, I love to learn from others. My Fionna girl and I send Golden angel prayers of love and healing to you and your boy.
Susan
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM

Neoplasene

Any updates from anyone using this treatment? I am still waiting for my vet to ok and start my 13 year old's treatment....last post I saw was early June....I would love to hear any reports so I can pass along to my vet.
Jackie
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM

update

My golden has been on the oral neoplasene for 2 weeks now. I mix it with his food and he has no problems. The wound is still extremely nasty looking and he can't eat by himself because he can't pick it up. I hand feed him meatballs, which works fine. He is not ill and has not lost a pound! Supposedly the next step is more injectables. I'm going to get a second opinion first because there is very little jaw left. It's a hard decision to make.
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:52 PM

Neoplasene Update

I am sorry I haven't posted any updates, can't believe how busy it is keeping me, trying to get photos, write detail "nurses" notes in the journal, changing dressings. But here is a "quick & dirty" update. My Fionna (Scottish Terrier) is doing very well. We are on Day 11 post injection and Day 6 after salve application and oral Neoplasene started. She had 1 Spindle Cell tumor on her right rear leg which was surgically removed. Grew back in 10-12 weeks with a vengence then 3-4 smaller bloody and bulbous tumors grew on top of the main tumor. I believe it is doing everything it should be doing, swelling, oozing, draining,moist scabbing, starting to separate from tumor, looking gross and bloody, turning white/greyish (cancer coming out?) After the injection they all sorta smushed together and became one huge blob, but is now reducing in size. I have no regrets starting this, other than wishing I had done it before surgery on just the 1. It started as size of a ping-pong ball, and had grown to just over 2 1/2+ inches wide. It is a lot of work. The salve application was the worse, 2-3 hours of stinging or burning. She ran around the house and it broke my heart, but I put her in the x-pen and sat with her for a couple of hours and she quieted down, and after that it never seemed to really bother her. She never tries to get to the leg, even today when there is an increased amount of drainage and more separation, and bloodier oozing. Her mood definitely changed over the last 10 days, but she seems a little lighter each day, doing pretty much same activity. She climbs up and down the stairs with no problem. She has tolerated the oral liquid great, but I make sure she will be eating her full meal twice a day. (This is apparently very important to ward off the nausea it could cause).
Well, that is the update, I hope I can get photos posted, because I know they will help. She is a little more restless tonight, and I believe there is going to be some increased activity in that tumor coming out or off. Hope this has been helpful.
Susan
Northern Idaho
Old July 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Neoplasene—one last hope

My 5-y.o. Redbone Coonhound named Buford has battled recurring fiber sarcoma since he was 2. I trust and respect my vet, but I took him to a pet oncologist to get him the best care for his disease. After the third operation of growth removal and the margins that go with it, we knew we had to get aggressive or he wouldn't stand a chance. The growths appeared in different locations each time, so it looked as if he was genetically predisposed to fiber sarcoma. Chemo and radiation apparently have no sucess against that type of cancer, so I've had him on Intron A (Inferon). This was supposed to keep the cancer cells from taking hold but has had little effect as the new growth shows. It's a harsh drug causing severe muscular discomfort, headaches and general lethargy. It's been said to cause major depression and suicidal tendencies in humans. The quality of life with this med can't be good for people or canines. We just discovered another growth on his front leg that has the same qualities and because there is little room to take surgical margins, we've opted to surgically remove the growth and treat the margins with neoplasene. Surgery and treatment begin tomorrow and my anxiety is running high. It's the last course of action that seems worthwhile and we're going to give it the best shot. I'll keep you posted with the results. Good luck with all your trials as well.
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Neoplasene

Just wanted to let you know that there are 2 other groups with members who have used with success and some still working, and some researching, the Neoplasene. They are both Yahoo groups, but active and very very informative. I would encourage you to join both to get recent information, advice, and shared stories and photos on the use of the Neoplasene and another black salve. Here are the names: blacksalveandpetswithcancer and theblacksalvecanceropenforum. You'll get more information and education than you ever could from your vet, and the vet may just get something from what you bring from the lists.
Wishing you the very best of luck in your treatment. I am still underway with ours, week number 8, slow progress, but progress.
Regards
Susan
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:30 PM

Neoplasene

I have a nine year old Rhodesian Ridgeback who had a thymoma surgically removed about one-one/half years ago. The follow up recommendation was to check her in a year. Unfortunately the thymoma has returned and the decision was made to try the neoplasene in hopes of shrinking the tumor (vs. undergoing another major surgery). In the past, I was warned that if the calcium level (side effect of the thymoma) was too high, surgery would not even be a possibility. After being on the neoplasene for about three weeks, the calcium level is now within normal limits (which is another possible benefit of the neoplasene for anyone who is suffering from a high calcium level). I cannot tell yet if the tumor is shrinking since it is an internal tumor. Thymomas are not very common.
Old August 13th, 2007, 06:45 PM

How is Fionna

I am new here and very interested to hear how Fionna is doing. I am looking into this treatment for my Lab mix KC. He has some giant sized tumors on is front leg. He's 15 now (still very active). Does anyone have any updates? Thanks Angela
Old September 9th, 2007, 06:31 PM

Red face neoplasene

hi,i am new also,looking for info about neoplasene. I had a chihuahua die about 25 yrs ago from mammory cancer,after surgery,came back in liver. Now i have a toy fox terrorist(honest,she is bad!) with a lump on side & pea size lump on teat.I started the injections last friday,sept 6th. Min was a little sore but is fine today,both spots are red & some swelling,but nothing bad yet. I would not put any of my babies thru what my sqeaky went thru,so this is it for me. I will go on other sites & let u know what i find,& also update u on my min. so far,so good.
Old September 9th, 2007, 07:11 PM
-

Please do pr4557 ~ it's a very interesting treatment regime . And welcome to pets.ca by-the-by!
Old September 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM

Min

Well,it is 4 days post injections,& just a little swelling on both sites...i believe i wa told it could take up to 2 weeks,for neo to really work....Any thoughts? Thanx
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:55 PM
-

Swelling seems to be the norm.

When do you start the black salve ? Did you check out any of the groups/ sites listed above?
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM

neoplasene

Hi I am new to this but have studied much on this neoplasene. has anyone looked at the web site of the maker of neoplasene. It is buckmountainbotanicals.com there is a web page for info look at the (clinical guide) on thier page just click the link there is much info there. hope this helps. ihave an Airedale Terrier (Tazz) he has a basal cell carcinoma, it is as big as a softball or bigger. I would like to treat it with neoplasene and I have talked with a Dr. T.S. Fox of which I believe is the founder of buck Mountain Botanicals, however I have not found as of yet a vet to help us and we need help now. Where I live only a vet can buy and apply neoplasene. If you are able to get help with this consider yourself and your pet very lucky. In my opinion from the studying I have done this is a wonder drug and should be studied and used as one.

Last edited by Tazz's-mom; September 29th, 2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:28 AM

neoplasene wonders...

Hey there, I am a vet assistant in VT for a homeopathic/holistic vet. I have seen and used neoplasene on animals (cats and dogs), mainly for tumors and cancers that are in the whole body system and lymph. Many are in the mouth, on the leg or digit, or internal systems(lung/spleen/stomach) We have used oral, injectable and mainly the topical form. I will be later writing a case study on my in-laws dog Tucker (a 6 year old lab with many other problems) He had an interdigital cyst which was not entirely excised and is now tumorous tissue. It is spreading rapidly. We have him scheduled at our vets office for this week the 9th/13th of October. I am hoping to have pre and post photos. I can say after using the neoplasene topical on tumorous or affected tissue it turns to the color of cooked chicken and sears the damaged tissue leaving the good tissue its normal color. Our other vet tech used it on a wart and it fell off. We have many of our clients on raw food diet and they are also responding to better performance with less allergies and skin irritation issues. Please write if you want more info...
Nancy
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:50 PM

neoplasene

Hey yes I need help now.I have been talking to a holistic vet in New york who has also used neoplasene her name is Jill Elliot. I have done much studying on this particular product and would like to get it but the vets here are scared of it and I have not been able to get it. You see the vets here know nothing about this. I think they are looking into it now though. I know that this will work on my dog he is in good health and I am not scared to try it. I would like help with it but cant find anyone to help me. I have talked with the maker of this stuff Dr.Fox and he will send it to a vet and so far none will help me. I am medically minded and think I could do it myself but as I have said I cant get it. If there is a chance that I can get it please let me Know or mabey can consult on net or phone I have both. Let me know name of vet office I will call ok. Can send pic if needed is pretty big is a basal cell carcinoma had biopsy.My poor Tazz needs help.
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:37 AM
-

I'm sorry to hear about Tazz :sad:

In my search for information, I came across only anecdotal information supporting it's use as a cancer treatment. I found no scientific studies which demonstrate neoplasene's efficacy in treating cancer. If anything it may be harmful as, unlike surgical excision of a tumour, it is indiscriminate in leaving margins ~ meaning that it may easily leave behind cancerous tissue.

With that said, please do let us know us know how you make out if you decide to go ahead with it's use.
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:08 PM

Need Help Urgently for sick dog

Okay, I'm just wondering if anyone knows the cost of this treatment. My dog has a mass that is pushing on her windpipe and making it hard for her to breath and eat. She can breath through her nose okay, but she has to lift her head to breath through her mouth. Now, I had heard about this treatment, but don't know if there are any vets in my area that can do the treatments required to restore my poor doggy's health. Please, I need some answers. I also have heard that this product selectively kills only cancer cells and cancer tumors, and if there was a vet around here that could do the treatment, that would be very helpful. Need info A.S.A.P.
Old October 21st, 2007, 06:05 PM
-

I'm sorry I can't help you with an idea of costs. perhaps someone at this group: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/t...nceropenforum/ might know.

Nothing I've read indicates it kills only cancerous cells ~ quite the opposite in fact. I'd be interested in your source. Please also let us know how you make out if you decide to use it.
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:15 PM

for sick dog dog lover

to find out about this call holistic vet jill elliot new york just do a search on your puter.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:43 AM

Talking neoplasene tazz update

We have started neoplasene. We are being followed by Dr.Jill Elliot. This is day three the spot we applied to was white or grey on day1 after 12 hour application. Day 2 the spot started to crack and day 3 today it is loosenig at the edge. Looks like it is doing what it is soppose to do. Tazz does not seem to be in much pain but I have given him perscribed rimadyl 2 times on day 1 and 1 time on day 2.Tazz is healthy and doing well. however there are 2 big spots to still do. I will try to update later. I hope anyone using this has good luck and take care of your pets I love my Tazz.
Old November 5th, 2007, 07:21 AM

result of neoplasene

Guess what it did exactly what it was sopposed to do. After 12 hours the bandage was removed the area washed and it was swollen, red around the edge and white or grey in color. Day 2 spot looked like it was a little sunken and developed a crack. Day 3 the spot was getting loose at the edge. Day 4 spot was loose frome edge and oozzy or bleeding a little.Morning of day 5 the tissue just fell off and left sort of a hole by the end of the day it was almost flat and looks healthy skin to me. Still have some spots to do and tazz is just fine happy and in good spirits. I THINK THIS ALL HAPPENED WITH VERY LITTLE PAIN TO TAZZ. AMAZING!!!! Wish us luck Ill post again at later date.
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM
-

I would be particularly interested in the bloodwork and to know how much of the cancerour tissue was kiilled off now and in and in an6 month follow up. Not too much beyond anecdotal exists. Did your Vet follow/ administer this ?
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Talking neoplasene

I am working with 2 vets mine here and holistic vet in new york dont know much about blood work my vet sent any he done to other vet. This is a vet supervised treatment however it is expiremental. I dont know if it cures cancer but we are sure giving it a try. The vets where I am (and I have talked with many) would not surgically remove this thing it is too big not enough skin to cover wound. They did not recomend kemo or radiation either, just handed out the watch him suffer and die deal. Tazz is a very healthy dog except for this on his skin he is not ill otherwise if he was I would put him down, trust me. Tazz is happy he is walked 2 times a day he runs 30 mpr. and plays, as for how much cancer it has removed to date all I know is what I see a 2 inch by 1\2 inch thick chunk fell off, looks ok do not know if there is cancer left in spot though. We are being supervised by qualified vets and are watching this close and studying at the same time. I have taken pics almost every day and I am logging progress by the day, at the present time I talk to 1 vet or the other every day. If you did not have time to watch your animal 24-7 this would not be a good choice is very hard to keep up bandaging and after care. You see I am trying to save tazz I love him very much. Somone needs to study this. If any thing we do saves another it is worth it I think