Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
-

Emma is totally adorable.

Huge hugs to BMDLuver for rescuing her and she couldn't have found a better foster home than with you and your family and fuzzbutts.
Old July 17th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Senior Contributor

What a cutie and I love her name, glad to hear she is learing the ropes from your gang, love the digging pic so cute
Old July 17th, 2008, 03:25 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i thoroughly believe her that, that hole was already there, she is far to adorable to have done that.
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

When did you get her? And when are you bringing her to my 'hood so Basil can do his happy puppy dance (aka leaping in the air like a maniacal psycho puppy fever crazy man) for her?

Oh, and you're a mad woman LP, 3 dogs plus a puppy?
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Doggie Wench

I'd love nothing more than to take her into town. She absolutely loves people and any lovings she can give/get. She can't seem to read other dogs as easily as regular puppies do (but she's learning) so we have to be cautious as to which ones she can meet. Are your guys super patient with pups?

It's funny Pitgrrl that you mention, "so Basil can do his happy puppy dance (aka leaping in the air like a maniacal psycho puppy fever crazy man)" because that's exactly what she does when she sees Penny .

Aslan, she really didn't dig that hole . Lucky, Penny, and Ava took turns digging it for Rufus (either as a cool spot for him to lay in or, maybe to bury him, who knows ). There was a moment when he was here and he just disappeared before our eyes. One second he was there, the next, he wasn't. We searched the yard and house thoroughly in a panic when after a second check of the yard, I noticed this little nose sticking out of the hole. He fell asleep in it and didn't hear us calling him. It's at least a foot deep .
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitgrrl View Post
When did you get her?
I met her Saturday evening when we went to meet Rufus' new family at BMDLuver's home. She arrived here Tuesday morning .

Last edited by luckypenny; July 17th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old July 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Emma has certainly landed in her pot of gold. Bless you all for saving her. I haven't been around much, and when I was here BMD was so sad after losing Sam I Am, so it's good to see that her ever loving heart is still firing on all cylinders and she's still out there saving lost souls. Bless her for taking Emma and delivering her into your care LP. And I agree, we definitely need more pics. She's just lovely (as are your puppers also of course). You are one of the earths most patient and loving angels LP.
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
i thoroughly believe her that, that hole was already there, she is far to adorable to have done that.
adorable digs holes....trust me. But I agree, so cute, she couldn't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post

Aslan, she really didn't dig that hole . Lucky, Penny, and Ava took turns digging it for Rufus (either as a cool spot for him to lay in or, maybe to bury him, who knows ). There was a moment when he was here and he just disappeared before our eyes. One second he was there, the next, he wasn't. We searched the yard and house thoroughly in a panic when after a second check of the yard, I noticed this little nose sticking out of the hole. He fell asleep in it and didn't hear us calling him. It's at least a foot deep .
They took turns.

So cute!! I wish I could spend an afternoon with you guys.

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Aslan, she really didn't dig that hole . Lucky, Penny, and Ava took turns digging it for Rufus (either as a cool spot for him to lay in or, maybe to bury him, who knows ). .
Teamwork! At least you know they'll work well together in a crisis (like a mole that needs excavating! ) I'm sure they'll have Emma trained up quickly, too.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
~Cat Servent~

She's gorgeous... and I just love the hole digging face... so sweet!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
-

I met the little bugger earlier so sweet and cuddling ,so funny , I saw her zoom !!! ... almost fit in my purse but like always , LP watches me like a hawk until I'm in my car driving away
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Doggie Wench

Emma would like to thank you all for the compliments . Sorry, I didn't have a chance to take as many pics as I would have liked to today but I'll share the couple I did take.

Emma asking Lucky if it's alright if she joins him on the bed.

"See Mom? Just cuz she asked politely, I let her."
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
-

awwwww
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG that last picture is to die for! Both their faces are so cute!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

The caption on the second pic is perfect! I can just hear Lucky saying that! And that look that Emma is throwing your way: See, Mom! I got him wrapped around my little paw!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I wonder if the lack of hearing might be due to her colouring, it's not just white dogs with blue eyes that are prone to being deaf.
After some of the of research I've managed thus far, I discovered that dogs can actually be part albino. Those that are, are often affected with hearing impairments. However, Gwen's (BHRR) Mudslide is also hearing impaired and she's a Blue/Merle/Brindle (?). So I guess that deafness isn't only particular to all white dogs .

She's coming along great. We've been working on sits and comes and I think that when she sees me doing jumping jacks and slapping my thighs, she's finally figured out that she gets yummy treats if she come to me (oh, what'll my neighbor's think now ?) Penny is by far her best playmate, and I'm sure that she's been Penny's best playmate ever too. SHe's still having a little trouble reading Lucky so when he's trying to let her know what's not acceptable, she goes into a play bow and barks at him thinking he wants to play . Good thing Lucky can be a patient fella.

Oh, oh, she's also going to make her new family extremely pleased if they're not morning people. Neither is she . She sleeps 10 hours straight!
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM
border collie mama

Aw, such a sweetie, asking if she can join Lucky if she can join and Lucky, of course being so nice, lets her
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Oh, oh, she's also going to make her new family extremely pleased if they're not morning people. Neither is she . She sleeps 10 hours straight!

Think she'd be able to teach that trick to the Pack?

Old July 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
border collie mama

when shes done at Hazels, send her over here so Enzo can learn that too, i try to keep him somewhat awake at night while i am still up, that way he will sleep later then me and then a bit in the morining while i get everytihng set for the day but then hes up and full of tons of energy.
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
"See Mom? Just cuz she asked politely, I let her."
OMG that last picture is just great. I love those expressions!
Who ever so ever could hurt a sweet pup like Emma
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

Think she'd be able to teach that trick to the Pack?

Are you looking to adopt???

I forgot to mention, we've been looking for puppy classes for her but haven't been successful. I'll be calling Penny's behaviorist (she's in Ottawa) tomorrow to see if she would be willing to do a home visit. Perhaps she can give me more ideas, other than what I've found on the net and be able to show us 'hands on'. Also, Pitgrrl has offered to help us make a special collar for her that will hold a vibrating mechanism, using a remote control, that we're going to try to put together this weekend. This way, if her visual attention is elsewhere, she'll 'hear' us calling her .
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Who ever so ever could hurt a sweet pup like Emma
The story that was told by the old owner was she took her to a dog park when she was 7 or 8 weeks old where she was attacked by another dog . IDIOT!!!
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
border collie mama

That collar sounds like a great idea!

Are you not having sucess finding puppy classes because she cant hear? or are they all full or...?
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Senior Contributor

LP, she's adoooorable
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by allymack View Post
Are you not having sucess finding puppy classes because she cant hear? or are they all full or...?
Because they're full, or classes only start back up mid-August or September after the summer holidays, or that they don't have the resources to work with a hearing impaired dog...all sorts of reasons...I'm guilty of wondering if some that I spoke with were just looking for excuses .
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:04 PM
border collie mama

Do you tihnk you culd work on her training on your own? or do you think you need help? I can ask my trainer if he has any advice on working with hearing impaired dogs if you would like.
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:15 PM
border collie mama

ok, so i got really curious as to see what training a hearing impaired dog compaired to a dog that has good hearing would be like. Its fairly similar....and they dog mention a vibrating collar, like you did.. i ahve a link if you want to check that out. I just thought it offered good info and it did use positive reinforcement. http://www.wagntrain.com/deaf_dog.htm
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Ohhh....Emma and Lucky are SO cute together! Priceless expressions!

Great call on the vibrating collar! What a great idea!
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Doggie Wench

Thanks Allymack. It's not so much the 'training,' I'm starting to become a pro at that , but helping her to read other dogs' signals. And also to help me with my dogs when she can't read them. I'm not always so sure how to help in such a situation other than having to remove her from it. My dogs would not hurt her but I can't say the same for other dogs. I just need to learn how to teach her what they mean so she doesn't have to encounter another negative experience involving dogs.

I'm really tired. Am I making sense ?
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Are you looking to adopt???

Quote:
Thanks Allymack. It's not so much the 'training,' I'm starting to become a pro at that , but helping her to read other dogs' signals. And also to help me with my dogs when she can't read them. I'm not always so sure how to help in such a situation other than having to remove her from it. My dogs would not hurt her but I can't say the same for other dogs. I just need to learn how to teach her what they mean so she doesn't have to encounter another negative experience involving dogs.

I'm really tired. Am I making sense ?

Is it that she has trouble reading the other dogs, or is it just that in her naive puppy way, she pushes too far?

That vibrating collar sounds ideal! If you want to try something akin to clicker training with her, a small flashlight can be used the same as a clicker, too.