Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old January 18th, 2005, 06:13 PM

cheap food

i have 3 cats and i usaly feed them high quality cats food however, once in a while when i forget to pick up a bag a the store while shopping, i'll buy the cheep stuff from the corner store. this was the case yesterday night.

on of my cats loved the stuff ihe ate everything i put infront of him faster than he has ever eaten. this moring i gave him his normal food and he would not eat it he just looked at me a howled, so i put some of the crap food down and agian he was in bilss, . i am not sure what to do i know eventuly he will eat the regular stuff if it is there but i feel bad, cause he wants the other stuff he went so far as to get into the cuborad and eat through the bar i found him in thier after he knocked over the bag and spilt it all over the floor,

how bad would it be for him to mix the two as a new food source for him, is there and realy bad , side effects to changinf his diet like that and feeding him some lower qulity food as long as he get some of the good stuff?
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:26 PM

One of my cats does the same thing, I use Wellness food but i buy cheaper stuff to feed to the strays in my neighborhood and my cat will knock over the box to eat it, maybe because its a change but she will always eat the good stuff I put in her bowl.