Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old July 22nd, 2006, 06:31 PM

Zukes

Has anyone ever heard of Zukes treats?
We got one as a sample today when we bought my dog some toys. There was only one and it was pretty small so I gave it to her and she really liked it.
I'm so dense about natural foods though (I'm getting better now that I joined this though ). I just wanted to know if others that are more familiar with natural foods/treats knows anything about it and weither it's good or not.
Thanks for the input!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM

They look good. Some have brewer's yeast, but that's no biggie. There isn't any wheat in them, which is a good thing.

http://www.zukes.com/
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:25 AM

Thanks for posting the website. I meant to but then I forgot.
Did you check out the cat ones too? There were a couple of those too and my cats really liked them. One likes anything food related and the other is really picky when it comes to treats - and he gobbled them up and was looking for more.
I was looking at the hip formula ones since they are both getting up there in age and slowing down. Wouldn't hurt a large breed dog to have some gluo/chon. in there either.
Thanks for your input!
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Yeah, the kitty hip one is ok, as long as your cat doesn't have allergy issues (a lot of suspects in it). She might just like the fish in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Hip Action
Ingredients: Chicken, barley flour, rice flour, vegetable glycerin, malted barley, tapioca, gelatin, water, menhaden fish oil, brewer's yeast, dextrose, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, natural flavors, lecithin, cultured whey, acetic acid, salt. Vitamins and Minerals: A, D3, E, B12, taurine, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) calcium pantothenate, riboflavin (B2) niacin, thiamine mononitrate (B1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), folic acid, zinc oxide, sodium selenite (source of selenium).
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:31 PM

My porky girl (the one that eats everything) is allergic to pork. My boy (the one that doesn't like treats) isn't allergic to anything. He'll eat any human food that he can steal, he's just not into cat treats.
Thanks so much for your help!
Rest assured that if/when I have clients asking about raw/natural diets for their pets, I'm coming here!