Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Spaz, Meowzer, Mew, and Mylee

Sheesshhh Sarah!! So impatient!!!
I have been outside pilling kitties. I still have to do the last 2 wilder ones and have a feeling they might be waiting a little. I already have about 5 or 6 new scratches on my hands from doing the others. Only had one foam though!!
Kitties didn't co-operate much with pics but I will post ones I did get.
I love the first one - Spaz and Meowzer recouping from neuter. Can you believe not even 7 months old and they weigh 8.2 and 8.8 lbs?
2nd is Mylee, Mew and Meowzer enjoying the fire, 3rd one is Mylee checking out the kennel and deciding if she wanted in.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ok,so one or two more............
Mew deciding he had had enough of indoors so he jumped back into the carrier which was on the window seat. Mylee joining him 5 min later after I forced the pill down her, and Mylee checking out the noise on the other side of gate (my toy poodle yipping at her)
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Spaz and Meowzer asleep ... they are sooo pretty! Maine Coons? Norwegian Forest Cats? They look like both. O-M-G !!! You are so lucky to have all those lovely and cute little pussycats! And that last pic of Mylee like she's saying "why are dogs so noisy?"

But hey, impatient? MEEEE? "No one"s ever said that to me before

Incidentally, new pics on Spoutnik's thread too!
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM
150% PRO S/N

Gee thanks
Vet says they are just plain ol' tabbies. Didn't mention any other breed but with ferels you never know. I need to bone up on my knowledge of breeds. They are huge though and big sucks. Spazzy has been such a good boy for one who normally doesn't like being around people much. I love them all to bits!! 's all.

Old December 7th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Senior Contributor

The look and the size alone makes me think of both breeds. Mixes quite probably, but still ... they don't look like pure alleycats to me!

Mylee looks like a spotted panther! Pretty pattern, and such a cute little face too.
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:57 PM
150% PRO S/N

The vet's nurse called them barn cats today when I took Mew and Mylee in to get weighed. (6.1 and 4 lbs but I don't believe that - too high) I told her they weren't barn cats, they are catuary cats!!! Barn cats don't normally get this much attention.

Old December 7th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Ignore that. The so-called pros don't know half of what we "users" know from living with and around our kritters all the time. I mean, the shelter Dani came from said she was a Golden-mix when she is clearly a Duck Toller mix and any Duck Toller owner or "knower" sees it right away!

Barn cats with looks like that!! There are kicks in the butt that are lost sometimes (should hit some of the ignorants around, although it would only help our own frustration with them, not teach them a thing)
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Contributor

These are definitely not "barn cats." (No offense to any barn cats reading this. )

I love how they all look so similar. One busy daddy cat out there.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
150% PRO S/N

Do you think he will wear himself out any time soon? Cause seriously, I am running out of room. Not to mention what my credit cards are doing!!
I need a job where I can make money at home and still do my seasonal stuff.

Old December 7th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Senior Contributor

You mean you haven't caught daddy-cat yet? Ouch. When you do, call him O'Malley like the daddy-cat in the Aristocats.
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:48 PM
150% PRO S/N

Nope, the daddy doesn't come near. Mommy's only come in when they have the little ones and to eat at night. Daddy lives in the bushes with the coyotes and laughs at us. (I swear!) As of Feb I am setting out live traps.

You mean you haven't caught daddy-cat yet? Ouch. When you do, call him O'Malley like the daddy-cat in the Aristocats.
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!
O'Malley might become O'Molly real quick!

Old December 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Well, one of his many names was Desire, so add an e and you get the female Desiree even if he'll be neither at that point.

Last edited by SARAH; December 7th, 2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Senior Contributor

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=TorontoHome ouch

I just googled where you are, it's a 6 hour and 9 minute drive on the 401 from us - in summer. Now I have to persuade Lewis, and get someone to keep the dogs overnight!
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
150% PRO S/N

lol, yep, that one sounds good. He will be a catch and release I am afraid. Can't see managing to keep him around. But he sure makes pretty babies.
Gotta go feed the little angels now and get my afternoon dose of purrs and hugs.

Old December 7th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Senior Contributor

OooooH,Awwwww beautiful kitties,little Mylee has great markings,just like a little panther
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH View Post
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=TorontoHome ouch

I just googled where you are, it's a 6 hour and 9 minute drive on the 401 from us - in summer. Now I have to persuade Lewis, and get someone to keep the dogs overnight!
Darn, how did I miss that? Are you coming to visit? Huh, huh???????

Old December 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
OooooH,Awwwww beautiful kitties,little Mylee has great markings,just like a little panther
Thanks Chico! I swear as soon as she sees me she starts to purr and doesn't stop till I am out of sight. I have never heard her meow though. Maybe the purr IS her meow. She is a sweetie. I love her markings too. Kylee is almost identical except a little darker.

Old December 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Darn, how did I miss that? Are you coming to visit? Huh, huh???????
In this weather? Fat chance. But if I can manage to get Lewis to admit to a drive in the summer, I'd love to see your cattery.

Of course, only if we're welcome and we wouldn't expect you to put us up

Oh, btw, you could come this way too you know! But then, I wouldn't see all the kitties
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
150% PRO S/N

But I would have to come your way so I could meet The Spout!!!! lol And of course all of the others. Course, I would have to convince someone to look after my crew!! And it would have to be in the Fall because spring and summer are my busy times. Do-able!!!!
And welcome?? We'd think of something!

Old December 7th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor

OK, settled then! Bring your bathingsuit if it's still warm enough to take a dip!

I'll see about housing the dogs for 2 days and convincing Lew to go during his summer vacation at the end of July, and you come in fall and see our gang.

Sounds good to me
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

Me too!! except for the bathing suit part. Gerri don't do bathing suits! I have a terrible fear of water. Comes from being thrown in as a child and watching my brother being almost thrown in by school bullies. And I'm too danged old to try drowning now.

Old December 7th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Senior Contributor

My goodness they are big kitties and beautiful too!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

OOh, I hear you there! Thanks to a "teacher" I will never manage to put my head under water. But I do breast-stroke fairly decently at least, and I float in the inflatable chair like a charm

But ... too old? Dare I ask? Me, is 48 (for a few more months)
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM
-

Spaz and Meowzer are sooo cute and fluffy

And I never heard about barn cats living at the Hilton

omg they even have a slow burning stove !!!!!
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post

omg they even have a slow burning stove !!!!!
Frenchy! The stove is actually in my kitchen. I have my big guys in recovering from neuturing until Monday. And the smaller ones were in being spoiled but it didn't take long before they wanted to go back out. Guess that's the "barn cat" in them. woman

Old December 7th, 2007, 11:25 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH View Post
OOh, I hear you there! Thanks to a "teacher" I will never manage to put my head under water. But I do breast-stroke fairly decently at least, and I float in the inflatable chair like a charm

But ... too old? Dare I ask? Me, is 48 (for a few more months)

I am 52 (past Sept) and still learning something new every day! Lately I have been learning it in here. I never mind sharing my age. I figure I have earned each and every year.

Old December 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM

Do all the kitties really get along well w/each other, it sure looks it in the pics

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:02 AM
150% PRO S/N

Y'know Growler, for so many kitties you would expect lots of fighting. I haven't seen any. Yes, the normal play wrestling but not fighting. Maybe when they get older. I hope not though. I thought maybe having the big boys in such a small space for a few days might "get" to them but they seem to love being together, as seen in the first pic with Meowzer using Spazzy's butt for a pillow! That's why I love that one so much. I keep telling them they are good boys. Maybe it's rubbing off.

Old December 8th, 2007, 12:17 AM

They're all still under a year aren't they?

My Mischief & Duffy 1 year apart, got along great until Duffy turned 1 then they were friends no more :sad: Never any fighting but lots of huffing, growling, hissing & spitting of course Duffy loved to bug Mischief

Personality wise they were very similiar both strong dominate personalities plus one a calico & one a tortie

yours all stay lovey w/each other

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old December 8th, 2007, 01:41 AM
-

Much too content looking for barn cats.

I love Mylees markings.