Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 16th, 2008, 12:12 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks Rainbow. I think they are pretty cute too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Just had to have another look,OMG they are all soooo cute
Are you taking them in the house ever now and then??
Or was it only when they were beeing "fixed"?
They must be pretty social for you to get them in to your house
Chico - The boys have been in the house for the last 3 weeks. They are getting fixed on March 3. Niko gets done on March 17. Until then they are in the house. Quite a few of the girls are in heat so I am not taking any chances. It's amazing how social they are becoming. But there are two that still don't like anyone but me. When we go to put them back in their crate for the night I have to catch them. They won't let the boys (stepsons) near them.

Gotta boogie for now. My son in law is getting sworn in today in London. YAY!!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; February 17th, 2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old February 16th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh what beautiful, helpful, busy kitties you have. They even do paperwork lol.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 17th, 2008, 03:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Oh what beautiful, helpful, busy kitties you have. They even do paperwork lol.
lol Yep, now if I could only get them to do REAL work I would be set!! And they say thanks for the compliments.
I got paid back for being away yesterday by getting a few scratches from upset kitties this morning and a whole bunch of backs turned away. How dare I go anywhere! Guess they didn't like the man coming in to feed them. But this afternoon everything is back to normal. Lots of purrs, cuddles and kisses. Course the boys in the house never knew I was gone.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Awww, I love these guys, so fluffy and soft...

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old February 19th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Ohh March is coming snip snip snip

Those happy faces are gonna be a little grumpy for awhile but you are so good to them and they look so sweet. Good luck for the snippy snipp snippers!
EEK
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:55 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks Luba. I will pass on your best wishes to the boys. The first two boys went really well. I am hoping these 5 go ok too. Niko is not going to be happy on the 3rd when he can't play with his cousins. I guess I will just have to make sure he has his favourite play toy to bat around.... ear plugs of all things!
Then we start on the girls....... 9 of them.

Old February 19th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Is there a conveyor belt nearby????
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Those are so cute! Great job narrating

Diane
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I am hoping these 5 go ok too.
Then we start on the girls....... 9 of them.
I can imagine the vet bill thank YOU for all you do for these abandoned kitties they are VERY lucky to have you !
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Senior Contributor

The boys will be just fine,a little lighter,that's allbut you must know that already,after all you are a kitty-pro.
9 spaysI hope you have a rich uncle or a very charitable vet
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM
150% PRO S/N

Ford Girl - thanks!
And Frenchy - thank you too! Yes, vet bill will be high. I will probably have to do one or two a month till they are done. I want to do the moms first. And dad (the culprit(s)) if I can hunt him/them down! They are still running around somewhere. It's going to be an ongoing thing but we are going for 0 population increase around here! At least till the next one(s) get dropped off.
Chico - I know it's nothing to worry about but I think we all do. Even for minor surgery. I am a worry wart. Just hide it well most of the time. And they are after all, my big sucks. No rich uncle. I wish I could find a vet who would take payments. Then I could do them all at once and pay monthly. No luck so far around here. The vet I have will do 30 days but that's it. Very frustrating.

Old February 20th, 2008, 09:50 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I wish I could find a vet who would take payments. Then I could do them all at once and pay monthly. No luck so far around here. The vet I have will do 30 days but that's it. Very frustrating.
Even if they know you rescued all these cats ?
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:16 PM
~Cat Servent~

Did you look into any of the rescues to see if they could set you up with lower cost spays? In the falls here there is a snip program, where they pay for a portion of the cost. The Niagara Region really needs a good spay/neuter program. I just saw in one of the papers how overloaded our HS is again... which means a whole lot of poor critters being pts.:sad:

You know you could look into getting registered as a charity... a cat sanctuary... then maybe you could get donations to help with all those costs. And you are such an for getting it done on your own too! I have a feeling that is how most rescues and sanctuaries get started... people just keep dropping them off... and your big heart just has to find a way to help. Oh and if you do branch out and become a charity... I'd like to be the first to volunteer my time!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:21 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Even if they know you rescued all these cats ?
Frenchy - Every vet I spoke to basically said the same thing. Cash when done or very soon afterward. They said they appreciate what I am trying to do but payment up front because they don't know me. With those attitudes they won't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Did you look into any of the rescues to see if they could set you up with lower cost spays? In the falls here there is a snip program, where they pay for a portion of the cost. The Niagara Region really needs a good spay/neuter program. I just saw in one of the papers how overloaded our HS is again... which means a whole lot of poor critters being pts.:sad:

You know you could look into getting registered as a charity... a cat sanctuary... then maybe you could get donations to help with all those costs. And you are such an for getting it done on your own too! I have a feeling that is how most rescues and sanctuaries get started... people just keep dropping them off... and your big heart just has to find a way to help. Oh and if you do branch out and become a charity... I'd like to be the first to volunteer my time!
I did get info on the snip program. They basically want to know your financial situation, income tax forms, the works. No thanks! Yes, I agree we do need a good program here.
As for being registered as a charity/sanctuary .. I have done some research into doing one or the other. It will be something I have to convince hubby of. So far no luck. I think he is thinking 2 businesses already and now I want a third!
Bless you for volunteering your time! I really appreciate that! You are a big yourself. I may take you up on that some time.

Old February 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
~Cat Servent~

Thanks... although my volunteering is not purely altruistic... ... I wanna get to cuddle some of those little cuties!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
150% PRO S/N

Mmm, cuddling is not always in their vocabulary until they get to know you. More like.....run! But I do have a few who don't care who is holding them as long as they get held. My big guy loves everyone! He doesn't care who has him as long as they treat him well.