Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old March 20th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Kitty pimp

ok so sue brandon what will that accomplish esp in light of you wanting to work for them
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
ok so sue brandon what will that accomplish esp in light of you wanting to work for them
Ummmmm who wants to work for them?..Kelly?
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
I think she wanted to contract out to be the AC for the Town of Carberry, Jim. City of Brandon is where the pound is located which Brew was taken to.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM

and if it took two phone calls to find my dog good for you because you said it yourself you are already aquainted with this area...don't forget i'm not and the info hasen't been jumping out at me either...Brew was not in this town for 5 days prior to being sent away...there are no facilities here....he was kept here for a day or two while a gentleman asked around...apparently the people he spoke to and the people I spoke to were different people...the bottom line is Carberry will address this and make adjustments necessary...this is a wonderful town to live in and I've already made suggestions to avoiding this and it's all in the communication area...not that we need a shelter but that residents need to be made aware of the process set in place...nowhere in this town is there a bullatin board dedicated to lost/or picked up pets....the paper doesn't post the bylawys in the town regarding pets and the name of the AC agent and contact number is not published...I called town hall pretending to have found a lost dog and the responce I got was "I don't know what to tell you" as far as what to do with it...so I have to make the assumptions that currently without an AC agent that the town deals with their own...this is a small community and I would assume that finding a pets owner "if they want to" shoulding be too trying although could take some time...there are no mandatory registrations here but the town does offer FREE tags to those that ask...unfortunately i didn't know to ask...

the things you find out during this type of dilemma is unbelievable....now i've been told that it was my responsibility to ask....well when i did move here my husband did report to town hall and got the schpiel on garbage collection and recycle dos and don'ts...why didn't they then include AC info?...I'm in the customer service business and if i left everything unsaid that wasen't ask I wouldn't have much to do in the day...I'm the one with the knowledge therefore i inform....

now put the hairs down from the back of your neck and hear me one more time....I don't blame the pound or the City of Brandon for any of my woes....that includes the new family....I didn't like my treatment at the pound and I don't agree that the new family could be so heartless knowing the facts that they still would not return Brew...I don't even know if they know all the facts so i reserve my judgment....
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly27 View Post
Let's talk cars today shall we....question:

If a car is stolen or aquired in a manner subject to question and LEGALLY resold...

whose car is it?
But Brew wasn't stolen or in a manner subject to legal question was he? Wasn't he picked up by your town's AC because he was roaming?

If your car was towed by the city because it was illegally parked and you don't claim it, can the city sell it? not sure on this law.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
just so everyone knows i did call my vet ...and if there was in fact a contract with the Brandon Kennel for strays that it would be common knowledge?
Actually it is common knowledge. I am seriously curious who you talked to. ALL of the area vet clinics know this. Where do you think pound animals go to be euthanized? This is common knowledge between the clinics and ALL the clinics in the area know each other. The nearest clinic to your area would be in Brandon, would it not? Also as a rule us rural people go to the nearest large center for these kinds of things.

I hate to say this, but you realize if a car was impounded and you do not pay the impound fee and collect your car within the elotted number of days, the vehicle would become property of the impound and be resold?

One final note about this topic. You can not sue owners for legally adopting an animal from a pound. I'll tell you why I believe that. Animals fall under the property section of the criminal code in Canada and therefore are treated by the law the same way property is. I am not saying this is right, I am just saying this is reality.

I don't know what you expect people to do. Hold your pet infinately until you figure out where to look? You seem to feel that since your pet was not put to sleep at the pound the most fair action is for the ones who prevented that to return the dog to you. No one deserves anything except you.

At the end of the day if you feel animals should be held longer for owners to reclaim them consider that around 800-1000 animals go through the pound each year, and tax payers foot the cost for the 3-7 days they are held. Assume it's $10 per day to do this - that's a minimum of $30000 for each animal to get three days. If each was held 7 days that would be $70000.

I am ALL FOR extending the amount of time animals stay waiting for owners at the pound. I think it's worth the money. Why don't you take THAT to the media and argue this thing at the source.

That's all from me.
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM

good one himmies....no he wasen't stolen but the manner in which he came to be where he is has been weighted to one side...in other words the advantage was in the town's court...by law there is a timeframe alotted for owners to reclaim their pets and although the timeframe was upheld or even exceded how was I to find him if the town didn't have record of ever having sent him...even a month after the fact...so even if they give 3 or 5 days....It wouldn't have helped me in this case....nothing is black and white...
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:26 AM

maybe it's common knowledge where you are but it's not here....I even asked Golden Acres who is the pound for the County of Corwallis who was the pound for Carberry....and they didn't know....these are the people that share a website with Brandon Kennels....answer me that
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veracity View Post
I hate to say this, but you realize if a car was impounded and you do not pay the impound fee and collect your car within the elotted number of days, the vehicle would become property of the impound and be resold?
HA HA HA I WASNT GOING TO COME BACK BUT THIS FORM HAS GOTTEN TOO FUNNY. CARS NOW?

YOU KNOW I DON'T THINK ANYWHERE (AND SOMEONE ELSE CAN POST A CORRECTION IF I AM WRONG) SENDS OUT LOST PET INFORMATION AND WHERE TO FIND YOUR DOG. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT. I KNOW THE COPS AND RCMP DO KNOW THE ANSWER.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SUE OR PUT SOMETHING IN THE PAPER. I DO NOT THINK YOU HAVE MUCH TO GO ON BUT WANT TO KNOW WHEN TO CHECK THE FORM AND SEE WHAT HAS HAPPENED.
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
maybe it's common knowledge where you are but it's not here....I even asked Golden Acres who is the pound for the County of Corwallis who was the pound for Carberry....and they didn't know....these are the people that share a website with Brandon Kennels....answer me that
Why would two competing businesses share a website? I think you are confused.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:12 PM

why would someone assume their pound is in Brandon?....the world does not revolve around Brandon!...there's a lot of towns between Carberry and Brandon and even more if you go the same distance around, why would I being a new resident assume my pound is in Brandon just because my vet is there...my hospital is here in Carberry, my firedept is here in Carberry, we're small but very self sufficient...
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

You know what this is getting out of hand now! We are here to support Kelly and Brew. In addition this forum is too discuss issues with one another in a civil manner....For those of you that dont have any value to add here please dont post! I am sick and tired of the bickering going on between who should have done what!! Perhaps the comment should be this:

We agree to disagree!!

Kelly dont feel like you have to keep dignifying those that only come here bash you and your family with any comments!

Kelly also know that there are MANY members here that understand your situation! and I am sure we are ALL taking what they have to say with a grain of salt!

I look forward to the day when this can be settled for you, Brew and also the family that has Brew because they will be feeling a loss as well!

MR THOMAS I WILL TALK TO YOU IN CAPS SO YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND!!! IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE TO ADD HERE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!

Verocity, do you have anything of value to add here? Other than trying to start agruments over information we have discussed meny times in the past? No! didnt think so!

Kelly, sorry I just had to say these things! You are taking alot of crap here and it really isnt fair! Stay Strong!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:25 PM

here is the website with both pounds listed....and no it's not from the city of brandon website....it's the only site i've found and even Golden Acres didn't know who the pound was for Carberry, if you don't believe me call them

http://www.fundsfurfriends.com/AtThePound.htm

I am not Kreskin I do not just know stuff without someone informing me...and yes cities and townships do have a responsibility to publish their business for use by their public...

I have to answer these questions and pass my test because one of these people could be the new keepers of Brew or someone that has knowledge of his whereabouts...I have nothing to hide
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
here is the website with both pounds listed....and no it's not from the city of brandon website....it's the only site i've found and even Golden Acres didn't know who the pound was for Carberry, if you don't believe me call them

http://www.fundsfurfriends.com/AtThePound.htm
Okay you do realize (if you read) that this is a website for a rescue called Funds for Furry Friends. It's not the pound's website. Did you even call this group?

Also, Brandon is the nearest large city to Carberry. But then, it seems illogical to call a vet clinic in Brandon and ask where a person could call about a lost dog right?

What I find the most sad thing of it all: Kelly admits the dog has gotten away before and says she travels a lot. Yet this dog carries on him no proper identification? I agree with Jim - bottom line is there was a prevention option here. Kelly said she was living in Carberry for a YEAR and I think someone could think of checking into things within that year, especially if their dog has gotten away on more than one previous occassion - as per her previous posting.

I didn't read anything about this website being a support Kelly forum. She is directing lots of people to this website, including the SPCA for whom I am a supporter. You post things publically, you have to expect feedback of all kinds. Just because people disagree doesn't mean their opinions have no value.

Don't worry Cindy. I am sick of reading these posts so you can all go back to coddling poor Kelly and reassuring her that it's okay to blame people because her dog didn't die in the freezing cold she spoke of, or get hit by a car. Oh, and thank goodness he did not get put to sleep by the pound. So now that we know he is alive and well somewhere, lets find someone to blame and attack.

Don't bother replying to this post, I will not be returning to this forum.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Oh my.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:54 PM

oh please before you go why don't you hit all the lost and found posts on this site and curse them out too

as for sueing anyone...that is a last resort...while this subject is being discussed rest assured I'm working in other ways to set this straight....

I believe if it were you in my shoes you'd appreciate the support i've recieved here as do all others who've lost a close member of their family....the site is called lost and found...not www.letsbeabully.ca
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM

not a huge loss i'm guessing....Jim I in no way hold you at the same level your input has been more interesting and informing and less childish....
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
MR THOMAS I WILL TALK TO YOU IN CAPS SO YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND!!! IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE TO ADD HERE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!
HEY CINDY I THINK I HAVE MADE GOOD POINTS AND ASKED GOOD QUESTIONS. SOMEONE TOLD ME TO CHECK OUT THE WAY THE BRANDON SPCA WAS BASHED AND THIS IS WHY I SIGNED ON. TELL ME EXACTLY HOW ANYTHING YOU HAVE SAID HAS OFFERED ANY SOLUTONS OR HELP. KELLY IS DIRECTING PEOPLE IN THE AREA HERE SHE IS GOING TO HAVE TO HEAR WHAT THEY THINK. DONT LIKE ME? DONT CARE.

MY LAST POST I ASKED IF ANYONE LIVES SOMEWHERE THAT INFO ON WHERE TO FIND A LOST DOG IS DELIVRED TO THERE DOOR. I THINK THIS IS A GOOD QUESTION.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:59 PM

mrthomas why does this discussion offend you so much...i've already explained ehaustingly what happen...I haven't pointed the finger of blame and I haven't been rude...I'm trying to right a wrong both within my town and with regards to the ownership of my pup...in the end if a judge has to decide so be it but why are you so defensive? Do you hold a vested interest in this case somehow?
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:04 PM

It was the townships responsibility to provide me as a new resident info with regards to their bylaws or where to find them...they saw it necessary to give me garbage pick up days and recycle days so why was it not equally as necessary to provide to me the AC regulations and contacts? Why is this so hard for you to grasp? I did take it upon myself to find out what happened but because it was so conveluded it took a while.
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
mrthomas why does this discussion offend you so much... Do you hold a vested interest in this case somehow?
I HATE REPETEING MYSELF. I AM A SUPPORTER OF THE SPCA. I WAS TOLD TO COME HERE OR I WOULDNT HAVE BY SOMEONE ELSE WHO WORKS THERE. I ALSO ADOPTED FROM FURRY FRIENDS RESCUE. I AM JUST SAYING THIS IS WHY I CAME TO THIS POST RESPONDING TO CINDY.

MY VESTED INTEREST AS YOU CALL IT WOULD BE THAT INITIALLY. NOW READING COMMENTS I FEEL THE NEED TO SPEAK UP BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT BEING FAIR. YOU ARE PRESENTING A ONESIDED ARGUMENT HERE AND I HAVE TO WRITE IN BIG LETTERS SO SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT OTHER THINGS.

INFORMATION ON WHERE PETS GO IS NOT AVALABLE EVERYWHERE. PEOPLE HAVE TO LOOK HARD FOR ANSWERS. POSTS SAY RCMP, POLICE, VET CLINICS, AREA POUNDS, POSTERS, NEWSPAPERS, AND SO ON. THE DAY A PET GOES MISSING YOU SHOULD TRY EVERYTHING. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE DOING STUFF AFTER THE FACT.

DID THE POUND GIVE YOUR DOG AWAY IN 5 DAYS? IF NOT, EVEN IF YOU WERE ILL COULD YOU NOT PICK UP A PHONE?
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:07 PM

yes verocity I do know that that is the furry friends website but it's the only website that I can find that gives any reference to pounds! If you have another please by all means provide it. I also know that nothing can appear on a website advertising without permission so the pounds knew they were there...
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM

perfect! That's why I'm also here I need to see the other side also but i'm not offending anyone by doing it...I have no problem listening to your side...I'm not blaming anyone in Brandon so i'm not too sure why your so offended....yes if Brew is returned to me there will be hurt feelings but in the end there will always be hurt feeling somewhere when it comes to a loved pet. I did everything I knew I could at the time when Brew disappeared and the only logical explanation was that a family here in Carberry had him and that's where I concentrated all my efforts until it was relayed to me by another resident that pets sometimes ended up in Brandon....it was then that I called (with a phone) and thus began my discussion...

I know you feel you want to nail me to the cross for my son's woops but it won't happen and you can try and try again because you won't get anywhere with it....I'm a good pet owner and will continue to be....Brew is not my only dog and wait let me check....yup .... Bino's still here....this was an accident...and Brew would be here today if i'd known where to call or go initially....it's not as cut and dry as you want it to be...

the old AC agent agrees things need to change and the Mayor agrees things need to change so you're word here seeing how you don't live here doesn't mean a whole lot...especially if your trying to critisize something you're not capable of understanding or willing to understand is probably more accurate...

please if you want to donate your information or knowledge if it'll help good or bad you can but do it in a manner that is less offensive....I've noticed that you and verocity get really out of hand when on together, I know you know each other but all your doing so far is embarrassing the establishments you represent with how you're carrying yourself...I'd say verocity more than yourself...I know you have a heart because your involved in such a worthy cause...I've never condemned you for your actions and I would appreciate the same consideration...
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I AM JUST SAYING THIS IS WHY I CAME TO THIS POST RESPONDING TO CINDY.

This statement is not true! Your first post here was to Growler!

Let me make one thing very clear to you Mr Thomas...I am a BIG Supporter of the SPCA...beleive me! I am involved in rescues. I have contributed very big to my community and others to help animals in need! So unless you have facts to prove otherwise dont tell me your worried about the SPCA?? They are bashed all the time...how many people do you know of that think ALL SPCA's are KILL SHELTERS! hah! many! I dont get mad at that anymore..I just politely let people know they are not al the same! ITS CALLED EDUCATION!!

I never intended to dignify you with an answer but you didnt come to this site to help Kelly bring Brew home, or even to offer some kind words or simple advise...No you came to lay blame to why Brew was loose! We have covered it a million times! Please enough already!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Doggie Wench

After all is said and done, legalities aside, is anyone wondering where Brew would be happiest?

We're talking 6 years here with a family who obviously loves him dearly. I'm sure he misses them much more so as dogs are the most loyal creatures. Yes, he's wandered previously and has always returned (fortunately uninjured). However, this time he didn't. I can't imagine Kelly and her family not taking every precaution to prevent this from ever happening again. There is a child involved here folks, one who is traumatized and will continue to be for a long time to come by this unfortunate experience. Can you imagine the overwhelming responsibility this young boy feels? The sadness and heartbreak of losing a cherished family member? Regardless of where the responsibility ultimately lays, what human with a heart would not consider returning Brew to his boy?

I can sympathize with his new family who I'm positive loves and wants to protect him as well. And my utmost gratitude for possibly saving this dog's life. But how can you not feel the suffering of Kelly's family? Because of errors made by all concerned, why should their child suffer so? To the family who has undertaken his care presently, why not meet and personally speak to Kelly and her family? If Brew is legally yours, you have nothing to lose by hearing their story in person. Judge for yourself if you feel they deserve another chance. If you find it in your hearts that they are where Brew should be, then demand that he wear a collar and tags at all times, or be microchipped. And demand that secure fencing be placed in all areas necessary to ensure his safety. Make out a legally binding contract if you will and if it eases your worries. But please, at least consider what this family is feeling, and consider what is in Brew's best interests.

To the pound and/or shelter responsible for taking Brew in when he was lost, I can't imagine anyone diminishing the work you do in saving the animals' lives that come into your care. Thank you for saving Brew.

Finally, to everyone concerned, please put blame and pride on shelf and out of the way. It doesn't matter now who said what, who did or didn't do things right. The fact is that Brew is alive and well and there's a family who desperately wants to be reunited with their loved one as I'm sure Brew would want nothing more if given a chance. Please, consider doing what's morally right. You will all figure out what that is if you just stop talking and start feeling.

Praying for you Brew, that this situation is resolved quickly and that 'man' can practice some humility and do what's in your best interest.
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM

hello

hello everyone i am new to this and signed up to post on this thread. i am a brandonite who heard about this website from a friend who volunteers at the humane society. i just wanted to post a comment because lots of people are viewing this thing now. the story is very said when you start reading it and see a little boy let a dog out and got preoccupied. then as you read on you begin to realize that the dog’s owner who has had past experiences with her dog getting out of the yard did not have proper id on him. it sounds like he was a loved pet, but it is unclear as to how much time passed between the day he ran away and the day the search began beyond door knocking. that is not clear. i just wanted to post my opinion. i adopted my dog from the humane society a few years ago and she was picked up by animal control running loose. they did not find her owners but if they came to be after i adopted her and asked for her back i would say no. she is my dog and i love her and i would never give her up not ever. i know she is happy with me. if the pound gave brew away after only three or five days that is totally unfair. you are not clear as to this point. if the pound had him for longer than a week than i agree with the statement, how long should they just wait and hope you come? well this is just my thoughts i am at school and have to get to my next class. i really hope you can write the wrongs of the town people for misinforming you and find a way that maybe all people can no where to go from all the areas around here.
Old March 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM
banned user

LuckyPenny you have put things into perspective. Kelly did not come here to get bashed..she has admitted her family made a grave error that has cost them dearly and came here for support.

I also have some issues with some of the SPCA's but all in all they do wonderful work and we would be hopelessly lost without their dedicated work.

I am grateful that Brew was found and is alive, for this I know Kelly must feel some comfort but I truly understand the anguish she went thru trying to gain this knowledge. It is a feeling of utter hopelessness and sadness. I don't think anyone can begin to understand how the guilt of loosing our beloved pets can wrench your soul.

A couple of errors were made and now if possible, yes it would be nice to know that folks who adopted Brew are given the opportunity to know all the facts.
Old March 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM
-

Excellent post, Luckypenny ...I hope everyone concerned takes the time to read it at least once.
Old March 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree, that was a great post LP!
Old March 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
After all is said and done, legalities aside, is anyone wondering where Brew would be happiest?
HOW DO WE KNOW HE IS NOT HAPPY? I DONT THINK IT IS AN UNFAIR ASSUMPTION TO ASSUME HE WOULD LIKE TO GO WHERE HE WAS FOR SIX YEARS BUT I ALSO WONDER HOW ONE CAN ASSUME THAT HE IS NOT HAPPY WITH THE PEOPLE WHO CARED ENOUGH FOR HIM TO SAVE HIM.

I AM NOT SAYING KEELY IS UNDESERVING OR ANYTHING BUT A LOT OF JUGMENT IS BEING PASSED ON PEOPLE WHO HELPED THIS DOG AND LOTS OF STUFF CALLS THEM HARTLESS. MAYBE THEY JUST LOVE HIM AND DO NOT WANT TO LET HIM GO NOW THAT THEY HAVE SAVED HIM FROM DEATH. THEY MIGHT HAVE KIDS TOO.

OR MAYBE THEY ARE JERKS WHO KNOWS. I JUST THINK PEOPLE HERE SHOULD THINK THAT THEY COULD BE NICE KIND PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST HAPPY WITH BREW.
Closed Thread