Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old August 15th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Just my two cents here, but I think the sponsors that MOST deserve the attention, would be any direct MV sponsors, the ones he personally becomes rich from. It may take a while till they sponsor him...but it will likely happen.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Marko,I doubt and hope no company would sponsor him personally,but you never know,some people think what he did was nothing.

Personally,it really saddens me to know someone capable of drowning,electrocuting,hanging and burying dogs alive would be making $1,6 million.
Little Honey(I think her name is Honey)who had all her teeth pulled and was put in a stockade to be raped,is the spokes-dog for the horror this man inflicted on this dogs.
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:44 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

My

MV did exceptionally vile and evil things and that's who HE is, it wasn't just a temporary lapse of judgement and hearing the Eagles & this POS say he made a mistake is repulsive!

The only mistake was reinstating him. It says it's ok to horrifically and sadistically kill dogs, it's ok to run an illegal gambling ring, ok to lie to the NFL Commissioner, lie to your teammates, lie to their sponsors and lie to fans of all ages. All in the hopes that he'll help them win their 1st super bowl title

So far it's not going over very well ... at all

You can send your comments directly to the NFL
http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

contact the Eagles main office 215.463.2500 http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/fanzone/faqs.asp#q1

And/or make it known that you will will not affiliate yourself with the Eagles' Sponsors (who they themselves are asking for an explanation)
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...epartners.html

Dog's in the Kennel video (692,214 views) this video is being used in protest of his signing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0dh...layer_embedded :sad:
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Michael Vick will be on CBS 60 Minutes tonight. It will be interesting to hear the "slant" of the interview and what he has to say to himself.

We must remember that this is the US and people were still running around trying to get OJ's autograph after all was said and done so a bunch of "killer dogs" is not going to evoke too much sympathy from football fans. I do not agree with that mentality but it just seems to be the pattern :sad:

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
We must remember that this is the US and people were still running around trying to get OJ's autograph after all was said and done so a bunch of "killer dogs" is not going to evoke too much sympathy from football fans
Do a little googling, you'd be surprised what the fans ARE saying.

are everywhere - if it was Canada I would so get your statement but "we must remember it's the US" I don't get what your saying?
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
Do a little googling, you'd be surprised what the fans ARE saying.

are everywhere - if it was Canada I would so get your statement but "we must remember it's the US" I don't get what your saying?
I know what some fans are saying...do you have ANY IDEA how BIG US Football is.

Don't be adversarial with me...I don't like the guy and he has no place there, for sure. Was out with a group on Friday night who know my where my loyalties are and even they were not convinced he should not have been signed. They even asked if I wanted to join a football pool "I don't think so"...

US football fans are exactly that...fanatical!!!! They will wait for this to die down and life will go on. Equivalent to Canadian Hockey and English Football. We need new heros is all!

you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Senior Contributor

I had 60 minutes on upstairs and my husband had it on on the basement TV - we both turned it off at same time and yelled to each other to turn the crap off. I had no interest in listening to him and have no respect for 60 minutes for giving him a public forum - unless of course they showed him to be the jerk he is. And he should not have been signed to play again - yet I knew he would be.
Old August 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor

I also was going to watch 60minutes,usually a good program,but when I saw Vicks face I felt like vomiting
His real face should be shown,the one were he is bloodied and messed up from just having killed a dog.
I do not buy his remorse and never will,but I am certain foot-ball fans will.
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Slave to the Kitties

I live in Pennsylvania, but was never an eagles fan, nor a football fan. But even though i live here, i still have no control over some football team picking up some loser. The guy is a sick freak, but unfortunetly the world if full of them, yes the world. There are millions of people all over the world who follow leaders who dont think twice about slaughtering there own people, let alone some other country's. Hopefully enough people will bitch and cause trouble and the NFL will dump him. But i doubt they will be ashamed, because big sports teams (you forgot soccer) have been paying large sums of money to people throwing balls, etc. around for years, and never have felt shame over that. Personally i believe his punishment should have been him put in the 'pit' or room with the dogs, and let them take care of it, but that may be too 'fanatical'.
Just my , now i will go back to 'fanatically' watching my canadian hockey, oops wrong country.
Old August 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

I too was very upset that MV ended up getting signed. Hopefully he won't see any actual play time since he was taken on as a 4th string quarterback. However, it doesn't surprise me at all. The NFL is full of convicted felons, and I'm sure in their minds, MV's crime wasn't near as bad as Stallworth killing a man while driving drunk.

What I am the most upset about is that the HSUS is using Vick to talk about the horrors of dogfighting, and the message that his reinstatment/signing is sending - that crime does in fact pay. He committed a felony, spent less than 2 years in jail and within 3 months of being set free is back to earning over a million dollars a year. The kids who he would be trying to talk to about dogfighting are going to hear that message loud and clear - that 1) he's not sincere about how cruel it is and 2) that if you are part of the NFL, you can do whatever you want and go right back to earning a ridiculous salary. Everything you read about Vick, or even in his interviews, is all about improving his image - not his morals, not his ethics, just his image.
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Well i heard a little good news today, Dicks sporting goods, a large sports retailer here in the east coast, not sure where else there at, has announced it will not be selling anything with Vick's name on it. At least its a small victory.
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwina View Post
Well i heard a little good news today, Dicks sporting goods, a large sports retailer here in the east coast, not sure where else there at, has announced it will not be selling anything with Vick's name on it. At least its a small victory.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if we are thinking of the same one (Dick's Sporting Goods) Its not truly the case. If there is demand (Which less face it, there WILL be. Most people could care less about what he did. and will support him)

A quote from Dick's CMO

Quote:
"Right now we don't know how much of a demand there is for" the jersey, Dick's chief marketing officer, Jeff Hennion, said in a prepared statement. "If there is a demand for it, we'll sell it."
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:49 AM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Gotta love what this ex-Eagles fan is doing on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_506wt_1167
Loved this .

Hope that the pressure works and they boot his @ss!
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/Feedback.aspx

campbellsoup web page canada, I just wrote to them

I just contacted them, too, Melinda, and they got an earful! In a respectful way, of course. I hope everybody that reads this will also write to Campbell's Soup Company and tell them how they feel about Michael Vick and his crocodile tears.
Old August 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Wee I just called and give them a very polite, professional piece of my mind.

Lets hope they get flooded with calls and emails.

May be we can get his fellow players to tie him to a rape barrel and give him a once over.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM

I just got an e-mail from the Campbell's Soup Company and they stated that a representative from their Community Affairs office will contact me within the next several days.

I have seen a follow up story on some of Michael Vick's dogs who were rescued and are presently being rehabilitated. Some of them are doing well and some of them are a mess. One poor female cannot stop going in circles. That is all she does. Goes in circles from the mind boggling stress. She is extremely frightened of humans. I'm sorry but I just do not buy Vick's statements that he is sorry. They just do not ring true. What other company's plan to sponsor him? They have also lost my business along with Campbell's Soups. And to think they used to have such a warm and wholesome homey feel to their product. Now all I see are horribly abused dogs made to fight against their will to replace the cute little faces of the Campbell Soup Kids. If they are smart they will immediately drop their sponsorship of Vick. Sorry doesn't cut it.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:09 AM
Senior Contributor

I saw on the news yesterday,MV will be playing in the next gamewhich is thursday!

Last edited by chico2; August 23rd, 2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

It scares me how loyal sports fans can be and what they are teaching the next generation. It's ok honey, he's allowed to kill and abuse animals, he's a football player.

As for MV, other than being the scum of the earth. If he were really remorseful or atleast trying to trick us into believing this. I would be donating atleast half of my income to creating a shelter for abused animals and funding it myself. But hey i really do care about animals, not just trying to trick the world.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Senior Contributor

Has Vick ever even asked how those dogs are doing? Has he even gone to see them? Has he seen the most messed up ones? I think he should be required to view videos of those dogs every day of his life, so he can see what he's done to them.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

AG- He'd probably enjoy seeing what hes done to them.. And if not he wouildnt care anyways..
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
It scares me how loyal sports fans can be and what they are teaching the next generation. It's ok honey, he's allowed to kill and abuse animals, he's a football player.

As for MV, other than being the scum of the earth. If he were really remorseful or atleast trying to trick us into believing this. I would be donating atleast half of my income to creating a shelter for abused animals and funding it myself. But hey i really do care about animals, not just trying to trick the world.
I agree - if he really wanted to make a statement - he should absolutely contribute to animal welfare - and a LARGE amount, not just 5% of his pay. His apologies are pathetic. He is sorry that he is caught is all. I don't see him as being sincere. I would be very interested however to see how the public 'greets' him when his name is announced. I think that this will be tell-tale all. I for one however will not be watching any games.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I would be very interested however to see how the public 'greets' him when his name is announced. I think that this will be tell-tale all. I for one however will not be watching any games.
They will boo him I'm sure, but, that will change if he manages to help the team get a win. Then they will love him.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Exactly AG,football-fans are football-fans,I am definitely not one of them.
I cannot handle listen to him talk,or even see his face,but many fans just think he's a great player,who cares what he did to these poor dogs:sad:
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM
An Honest Contributor

Thursday's game is just a pre-season one, they want to see what he'll do so he'll be sharing time with McNabb He's still officially suspended nor has he been fully re-instated. If it happens or should I say when it'll only be after the 1st six regular season games, mid October

I realize football is HUGE and I've sat with the best of the fantatics in Philly and yes their NUTS as in just a riot. That being said I also believe many love animals too so I'm eager to see what will happen when they announce his name ... as I'm sure the whole NFL & their sponsor's are as well.
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Very interesting and well written article...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opini...80056588021825

you to stay" ♥ ♥

Old August 28th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I heard on the radio that he got a standing ovation last night :sad:. I can't believe a civilized society would ever applaud a person who has commited such crimes.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

....not everyone in society is civilized..:sad:
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM

He is not a "person"...he is a football player=demi-God Think OJ

you to stay" ♥ ♥

Old August 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I heard on the radio that he got a standing ovation last night :sad:. I can't believe a civilized society would ever applaud a person who has commited such crimes.
I'm disgusted, but I can't say I'm surprised. I had hoped he would be booed, but knew they would likely embrace him.:sad:

Old August 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Very disturbing but I truly believe that he has his coming in some form sooner or later. Personally, I am not worried - it's will happen whether it is financial hardship, personal relationships, business, or whatever else in life. Anyways - I am patient. Can't wait for the day.