Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old March 19th, 2007, 01:21 AM

I'm in, but then we still have AAFCO,FDA and NRC to deal with
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandAutumn View Post
For those of you feeding this just wondering what sort of results you are getting with it and if you're pleased with the food?
I've skimmed through the 3 pages of food debate in this GO Natural Grain Free Canine thread and it looks like the original posters question (above) hasn't been answered. My local pet food store carries this GO Grain Free and it is rated 6 star (thebest) on the dog food review site. Is anybody here using it and can give an update on how its going?

I've just got a this dog 3 days ago and am enjoying this site. But one other question I haven't found an answer to is: the dog food I'm currently using (Natural Balance Potato and Duck) has about 1/2 the protein of premium brands like the GO Grain Free, and thus the GO instructs to feed less. Even if she is getting all the proten with less food, won't she still feel hungry with even less kibble to eat? She certainly wants more than I'm instructed to give her now and I already give her a little more.

Last edited by Blab; January 25th, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:14 AM

I haven't used/fed the GO! but I have the NOW! Adult formula. I really like the Adult & Puppy NOW!
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:55 PM

I have used both the GO! and the NOW! Grain free, and liked them both. In answer to the question regarding whether the dog will feel full, unfortunately some dogs (especially hunting breeds) never feel full, and it does not matter how much you feed them.
There have also been a number of studies that have been done to promote the feeling of satiety in dogs by adding non digestible ingredients that add bulk. This also does not seem to work, as the dog generally is wanting more calories, not the fullness feeling. In this case, feeding the amount that keeps the dog in good weight is the best option.
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:21 PM

I've decided to research Natural Balance Organic formula because of mostly organic or free range ingredients and have started a thread on that instead. Thanks for your responses!