Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 27th, 2010, 05:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Try this again. I had replies all typed out, my hand jerked and hit the stupid close button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Mrs Klutz (me).....fell last night on my fake hip and I can barely walk, albeit with lots of pain buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I spoke with my g/f this morning about this situation and she is willing to drive ....she is quite the when she drives, akin to Aslan .
I am so sorry you hurt yourself Chris. I hope you are ok to do the drive. Well, I hope you are ok period. Painkillers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
I just got a phone call from the lady who has Frosty and she now decided to keep the cat. She panicked, i guess, when I told her that Frosty will be going to Ontario into a a good family...I think she never thought of Ontario as an option...I am so freakin sorry.

Not sure how her new boyfriend will handle the allergies, but I couldn't talk her into rethinking this thru...again I am sorry.
Is she afraid the cat won't understand English?
No really. She was ready to give up the cat for her bf's allergies but now... I don't advocate lying but maybe tomorrow you can phone her and tell her you found a wonderful home for the cat in the next city. Then you can pick him up and he can come here and have a marvelous life with Aslan and Grace or krdahmer. Whichever works out. I just have a feeling if she was willing to let him go once she may be again if the bf's allergies get out of hand. I would hate to see him dumped.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; June 27th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old June 27th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post

Is she afraid the cat won't understand English?
No really. She was ready to give up the cat for her bf's allergies but now... I don't advocate lying but maybe tomorrow you can phone her and tell her you found a wonderful home for the cat in the next city. Then you can pick him up and he can come here and have a marvelous life with Aslan and Grace or krdahmer. Whichever works out. I just have a feeling if she was willing to let him go once she may be again if the bf's allergies get out of hand. I would hate to see him dumped.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

cpietra - Do any of the family have names yet? I didn't know if you had gotten that far yet or if you were still at the little cow, white one, black one, tabby one stage.
I'm going to head back out for a while and see if I can get a bit more done tonight. I will feel better knowing everything is ready for them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

cpietra no need to apologize...it had occurred to us we were gonna need a kitty sitter as frosty would arrive on wednesday and we are leaving on the following monday for a week,,so kr may have ended up having to kitty sit for a few days anyway,,,there is no way we would want to leave him here alone for any length of time. If the lady changes her mind then by all means if kr or one of the others wouldn't mind sitting while we're away bring him,,if not hopefully the bf will take antihistamines and suck it up.
if he doesn't come i'm still looking at little moo,,,,i could work that out with 14+ later...
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
~Cat Servent~

I would be happy to kitty sit! I could steal that 'minimoo' and introduce him to Frosty for ya too!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
I would be happy to kitty sit! I could steal that 'minimoo' and introduce him to Frosty for ya too!
Man, I get the feeling I may never get to met MiniMoo.
aslan - I keep looking at that video of little Moo on the bed. I'm not sure if he is going to be long haired or not. Lookd pretty uniform to me. I am really hoping the lady changes her mind about Frosty.

Old June 28th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Morn' everyone,are things all arranged and settled now??
I just worry about the kitties in small carriers for hours,with no room for food or water,too bad we cannot use a small dog-crate.
However they will be ok at L4H over night and the end is very good
Old June 28th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Morn' everyone,are things all arranged and settled now??
I just worry about the kitties in small carriers for hours,with no room for food or water,too bad we cannot use a small dog-crate.
However they will be ok at L4H over night and the end is very good
Don't worry about the kitties, chico, I have traveled across Canada several times with multiple cats and they prefer not to drink or eat when they are stressed. They will be just fine . I plan on feeding them wet only, a couple of hours before I leave, that will give them time to play and use the litter box before we leave. They will have enough fluids in them to keep them going for 5 hours. Once they get to 14+ kitties they will be ready to eat again.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 28th, 2010, 07:55 AM
150% PRO S/N

YOU GALS ARE AMAZING FOR HELPING OUT!! Just wanted to say that. Each and every one who is going to be helping, has volunteered to help, and even pit stop help! It is all appreciated!!

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
cpietra - Do any of the family have names yet? I didn't know if you had gotten that far yet or if you were still at the little cow, white one, black one, tabby one stage.
I'm going to head back out for a while and see if I can get a bit more done tonight. I will feel better knowing everything is ready for them.
As far as the names, the mom was always called Meow Meow,
Mrs. K'nippers...is the tabby
Spotter...is the little black and white (black spots and white spot on tail)
Sleeves
S-less
these two are almost identical except one has color down her legs (sleeves) and the other does not (S-less)
Tipper..the black one with white tip on his toes
Gracey..the other black and white one.
Spotter and Tipper are the only male.
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:13 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

morning ladies,,,kr, if the lady changes her mind then i will take you up on the kitty sitting services,,14+ if not and grace and i decide on minimoo(liking that name) he would continue his journey with the others and i'd arrange to get him once we're back..now we need to know times ladies,,,like L4 roughly what time would you be leaving to meet chris,,,,if chris is in bad enough shape could we get shirley to take her leg to meet me,,,
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
morning ladies,,,kr, if the lady changes her mind then i will take you up on the kitty sitting services,,14+ if not and grace and i decide on minimoo(liking that name) he would continue his journey with the others and i'd arrange to get him once we're back..now we need to know times ladies,,,like L4 roughly what time would you be leaving to meet chris,,,,if chris is in bad enough shape could we get shirley to take her leg to meet me,,,
I am in the midst of mentally picturing me running around trying to the 7 kitties into carriers . I want to have them fed at 5AM, give them a couple of hours to exert some energy and be on the road about 7AM. Pickering is about 3 hours when there is no construction. I believe there is an outlet mall at the corner of Brock Rd and 401, which would be a good place to meet. Brock Rd then goes up the the 407.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:36 AM
-

chris wont be driving as she hurt her hip so her friend is doing the driving,,and apparantly she is zippie canoe like me...she will take the 401..so chirs has kitties by 10,,,if i meet her along the way by 11,,now i have to decide to wake grace or not wake grace so she can see minimoo in person,then vroooom to chicos or hold them ransom and make the ladies come to me.... unless Frosty is with them,,,then total change in plotting.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:10 AM
-

I have dibs on Jasper !!

Old June 28th, 2010, 09:18 AM
-

Aslan - can you pm your phone # again, I can't find the darn thing ....I can't stay on the comp long, sitting in the same position too long is problematic ....I have L4H's and I'm gonna call her, going via the internet takes too darn long.

14k - no fears I have painkillers, I rarely take them but when I need them I ain't scared of them.......On another note, YES, we will have a little tete a tete when I see you in the summer
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:29 AM
-

pm sent chris....could have just posted it here,,3/4 of pets has it anyway.
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:

My MiniMo, your MiniMoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I am in the midst of mentally picturing me running around trying to the 7 kitties into carriers . I want to have them fed at 5AM, give them a couple of hours to exert some energy and be on the road about 7AM.
You are a wonderful lady and a very caring friend. Thank you. I almost envy you the fun of trying to get six little squirming kitties into carriers. And mom of course (who is getting a name change but that will remain a secret until they arrive )
Thanks cpietra for the names btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
14k - - On another note, YES, we will have a little tete a tete when I see you in the summer
Ohoh - I'm in big kaka folks!

The only thing I need to know is what time to be either at aslans or chicos or what time chico is delivering my new bundles of joy.

Back to work now...............

Old June 28th, 2010, 11:57 AM
-

i just got off the phone with Chico,,,we're waiting for Chris to phone me...
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I have dibs on Jasper !!

, NO!

Jasper is going to be doing the happy dance tomorrow, another lady to add temporarily to his harem

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

So, Chris, is meeting at the mall at the corner of Brock Rd and 401 good for you? In a quiet part of the parking lot.

I drive a red Honda Accord coupe with very tinted windows .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 28th, 2010, 12:02 PM
-

lol,,,chris said she was phoning you,,,then me...
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
, your MiniMoo

Isn't that going to remind you of BenMax every time you call the kitty

You are a wonderful lady and a very caring friend. Thank you. I almost envy you the fun of trying to get six little squirming kitties into carriers. And mom of course (who is getting a name change but that will remain a secret until they arrive )
Thanks cpietra for the names btw.

You are very welcome, that's what we do on this site, help those in need.

Ohoh - I'm in big kaka folks!

The only thing I need to know is what time to be either at aslans or chicos or what time chico is delivering my new bundles of joy.

Back to work now...............
Wow, this is all so exciting.

Should I attempt to get momma in a carrier first or the kitties?

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
-

it wasn't going to remind me of Benmax,,but it is now... poor kitty,,,mooo here mooo,,,hahaha,,,,no really here mooo,,,snicker snicker...little one is going to get a complex.
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok - did not read this whole thing and went to the end. I am going to do a transport to Ottawa. Does this help at all? Leaving Thursday evening around 5 pm.

Aslan - moo !!!
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Ok - did not read this whole thing and went to the end. I am going to do a transport to Ottawa. Does this help at all.

Aslan - moo !!!

love you too my friend...i think i can answer for all of us,,,thanks for the offer but we're set for drivers,,just trying to arrange times to meet up..
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
~Cat Servent~

Just wanted to let ya all know again, that I'm in if Frosty ends up joining the caravan! And I love the name MiniMoo... here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo!!!! (after that video it kind of suits the guy!)

And once again you guys are all THE BEST!!!! It just warms my heart knowing that you all are out there!

Oh and you are the answer to the trivia question on freekibblekat.com today Aslan!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
-

hmmm is it atleast an ok kibble kr...
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:55 PM
~Cat Servent~

well I know Ellen is a big supporter so I imagine a lot of what they donate to shelters is Halo brand!

Old June 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
, NO!

Old June 28th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
love you too my friend...i think i can answer for all of us,,,thanks for the offer but we're set for drivers,,just trying to arrange times to meet up..
Ok great. Thanks Aslan - it saved me from reading this whole thread.

YOU GALS ROCK AT PETS!!!!