Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old April 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM

Why was the tread of "Find Brew closed"?

I'm seen quite a few discussions on this site and was wondering why the "Find Brew thread was closed off?? This seems like a perfect place to get all the facts out in the open and have the public assist this family in finding their dog?

Its a touching story, one that I believe I've seen in the paper as well. Surely if we are ever to make it through the 21st century we need to start helping EACH other out..and I believe this is a Perfect AVENUE TO DO JUST THAT!

I would hope that the administrator opens the thread back up for discussion!
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

The thread was closed because people were very passionate about the topic and some discussions became very heated. Some of us are still in contact with kelly and when there is new information, the thread will be opened long enough for kelly to tell us the results.
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
The thread was closed because people were very passionate about the topic and some discussions became very heated. Some of us are still in contact with kelly and when there is new information, the thread will be opened long enough for kelly to tell us the results.
I'd like to help...how would I be able to contact Kelly?
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

unfortunately unless she is online you really can't. I could try and pm her and tell her you're interested in talking. ummm shall i assume your an rcmp officer by your name.
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM

I'm in training, so technically I'm not one yet haha...but I'd appreciate you doing the link up...I may be able to help...dunno. I think its worth the try don't you?
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

rcmp43 you can find a post from Kelly and then just view the profile...up in the top corner there is a spot for contact..if you have trouble let me know?

we all miss the Brew thread and are anxious to see this to a happy conclusion...hope you can help!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM

Hummmm, I added her to "buddies" but the system won't allow me to access the "pm" to her...any ideas??
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmp43 View Post
Hummmm, I added her to "buddies" but the system won't allow me to access the "pm" to her...any ideas??
I think there's either a delay or a minimum number of posts before you can send a Private Message. Either way, it shouldn't be too long before you can do it.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
-

rcmp43 i've pm'd her and sent her an e-mail, now you just have to wait for her to come online. no idea when that will be tho.
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

the only way I can explain this is for you to find the thread on Brew....then go look for one of Kellys post in that thread..doesnt matter which one...beside the picture of Brew you can click and view public profile....once that opens then you look on the right side of the info and scroll down to contact information....if Kelly allows personal emails which I know she does you should be able to send her a PM...the buddies thing is on the left side..let me know if this works...

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:24 PM

I'll check back here tomorrow :")
The Mounties always get their man...perhaps we can help out mans best friend this time! I'm willing to give it a shot!

..tip of the day...Remember to lock your cars and sheds, its that time of year again where things go missing if let unlocked!
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:28 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmp43 View Post
I'll check back here tomorrow :")
The Mounties always get their man...perhaps we can help out mans best friend this time! I'm willing to give it a shot!

..tip of the day...Remember to lock your cars and sheds, its that time of year again where things go missing if let unlocked!
well i'm sure kelly would appreciate any help you can give her. If there is anything you can find out before she contacts you that would be greatly appreciated by many of us.
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM
-

I agree .....you've got my curiousity aroused.
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

RCMP43...forgot to welcome you to the site....do you have pets? We are kind of demanding here when it comes to pictures so you might as well prepare some for us....look forward to hearing more from you.

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:49 PM
-

ooopsy yeah like winston said welcome. Just got a little curious and hopefull for kelly's sake. And yup if you have fuzzbutts pics are a must. Some members are very picture demanding...****points at winston****
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:06 PM

I appreciate the direction, I'll wait for her to contact me. I've read through the tread and well to tell you the truth, some things are better left unsaid, even in a public forum as this. I'd also caution people that this type of forum could also put someone "over the edge" to the point or causing serious emotional problems...you end up upsetting the member and possibly the family. I suppose thats why the administrator closed the thread.probably a good move.

If i may throw this out there, YOUR ALL ON THE SAME SIDE. Protecting and helping the animals that can't do it for themselves , thats whats important here.

People make mistakes and sometimes it catches up to you, we use a form of "risk assessment" every day. Ask yourself this...when was the last time you came to a full stop at a stop sign (full stop meaning tires don't move hahah)...its almost an involuntary thought process... you don't put much thought to it as the risk is very low that you will not get caught, much like letting your pet out to do its business...the risk of the pet leaving the area is very low....but it happens when you least expect it.

The sad part in all this is that you will probably not know all the facts, unless released by Kelly or the Town of Brampton. People passing "judgment" are just doing that...their judgment without "really" knowing the hard facts.

My "outsider" opinion would be that she was new to the area, didn't know where the pounds were, I believe she said she was military? So, I'll bet they move around a lot...new home perhaps? New surrounding? Dog not familiar with its territory...mistakes happen. Perhaps we"ll see a happy ending.

...just my opinion.
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Hey now Aslan! where are all those pictures you have posted...heres one to keep you happy! look at my eyes!! thats my boy!
Attached Images

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
-

you got most of it pretty bang on, its not brampton tho. And ummmm i actually came to a full stop today, lol. I totally got your point tho. Well like I said I can't speak for everyone, but there are many of us who are pulling for a happy ending for kelly and brew. If you can help its greatly appreciated. whether that means kelly gets brew back or atleast gets some closure.
-

The thread was close for a reason and it is not ok to re open this topic.
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Frenchy I think that a few of us were curious with the new member? I dont think any of us are willing to reopen the thread! there was a flood gate of emotions for both sides and really tough on everyone....but as Rainbow put it it boils down to curiosity...hopefully we will see a light at the end of this tunnel someday!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:15 PM

...sorry for the long post...and thank you for the welcome. I do have some dogs, will try to post the pics. As far as doing some research and resolving the "Brew conflict", its obviously not going to be an overnight success story...its going to take some time and patients...I'll help if I can...that depends on Kelly27 and few other factors ie legal etc. I remain optimistic!
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Great to hear you have some dogs...are they your own or work dogs? What kind are they? Yeah I am nosy! then again we all are! ..

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM

Since I can't PM anyone, feel free to PM me and I'd be more than happy to discuss it privately...I'm not trying to open another discussion.
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:22 PM
-

unfortunately i can't pm you yet either, i think its either a post thing or a time thing. feel free to contact me when you are able to. And yup must see puppy pics. We go through withdrawal.
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

rcmp43 you will have to set that up because you are currently set up for no contact information....its in the profile area somewhere...

yeah best to leave the discussion for another time...this is an emotional thread! glad your willing to offer your help...alot of us wish we could but live to far away...

cheers
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Pleasure to meet you Winston and Aslan...duty calls. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a bit more time to chat...and yes provide some pics..till then, have a great day!
Old April 29th, 2008, 05:48 AM

Please do not reopen closed topics.
Closed Thread