Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Kayla,,not knowing you, but having read most of Brenda's posts. If she says your a wonderful person. I'm willing to take her word for it. I would like to point out that Kayla isn't the one who let the little one get pregnant and was told by a vet that she was ok. Unfortunately vets are like doctors. somewhere in the world is a doctor who was the bottom of his class and his waiting room is full. I'm sure your normal vet has the kitties best interest in mind..
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Kayla,,not knowing you, but having read most of Brenda's posts. If she says your a wonderful person. I'm willing to take her word for it. I would like to point out that Kayla isn't the one who let the little one get pregnant and was told by a vet that she was ok. Unfortunately vets are like doctors. somewhere in the world is a doctor who was the bottom of his class and his waiting room is full. I'm sure your normal vet has the kitties best interest in mind..
Thank you Aslan!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

you're welcome Kayla, i understand why the others got upset, but sometimes we miss some important info when we get riled up...i see it as you went to a vet got bad advice or atleast suspicious. So came to ask for info because even you thought the other vet was off abit. I hope all goes well for the little one.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
-

Kayla, thanks for posting the update and glad to hear everything is going well. Have you given the cat a name yet so we don't have to refer to her as "the cat".

Good luck and I hope you continue to update us.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Kayla, thanks for posting the update and glad to hear everything is going well. Have you given the cat a name yet so we don't have to refer to her as "the cat".

Good luck and I hope you continue to update us.
I've been rotating names, but haven't settled on one yet. The latest is "Miniki" (my sister has an identical cat, only 4 times the size, named Kyoshi, so I started calling her Mini Kyoshi, shortened to Miniki). I don't know if this one will stick or not though!
Attached Images

Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Amazing! I am sorry you feel we jumped the gun by saying the cat should see a vet. I really am. Given the information we were given I think I would have expected the same thing to have been said to me if I had asked it. Or, for that matter, any of our other folks who foster. I am not sure the cat is out of danger yet but will say no more on the matter because as you so nicely pointed out, I am not a vet.
Interesting as well that you would come to a board where you know the majority of people are pro spay neuter because you have been a member for quite some time. Albeit a member who has not, in my memory anyway, been on lately. I am very glad you found the correct group of breeders to ask.
And lastly, I do not have the honour of knowing you as "the gang" does. Therefore I answered the same as I would have anyone else coming on. We are all "wonderful people" but when you involve our deepest gut feelings I am afraid you have to expect what happened. In my opinion what we said was not that bad. All we did was to try to help you as much as we could with our limited experience.
Now you guys can jump on me. I expect some will. Go for it. I have been considering cutting back on my involvement with this forum anyway so this may give me the impetus to do it. You all know in your hearts if you had seen this thread before I or L4H or LML did you would have responded the same. I await your barbs.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:23 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I guess we all have an opinion and really thats all. We need to understand that we are all different people under different circumstances...Sometimes we flip out on people and sometimes we dont.

I think the troublesome thing here is that because someone knows someone we need to respond differently?? No in my opinion its fair game..You ask the question your gonna get an answer...maybe one your not gonna like.

14+ I am saddened by this statement and a tad confused??

I have been considering cutting back on my involvement with this forum anyway so this may give me the impetus to do it. You all know in your hearts if you had seen this thread before I or L4H or LML did you would have responded the same. I await your barbs.

Oh and by the way I dont think we should BARB anyone really??

Cute pics by the way and good luck..
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:24 PM
-

14+ i have no intention of jumping on you, i did read the OP's thread before anyone posted and figured i don't know anything about cats so can't help with any info on what a miscarriage was like. I saw it as she went to the vet, vet said blah blah, was second guessing herself and came here to see if anyone here could give her some info. I didn't personally say you, L4H or anyone else said anything wrong i was kinda pointing out what i thought was going through the OP's head.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
I'm a softy

Huh? You lost me! Yup. . . I am out in left field!

Cat bleeding, miscarrige, lethargic, in labour, are just SOME of the terms you used, and bingo, i am not a vet, HENCE the reason i did not diagnose your cat!

Are you kidding me? You got some advice from breeders on the internet, and so you decide its fine, whoa!

I dont piss around when it comes to a 4lb cat i dont know bleeding and in labour, i have held enough dead ones.

My original advice stands. WHY NOT take her to the vet? Really, why not, please answer that, safe then sorry no? Oh, nevermind she has been diagnosed by cat breeders, yay my fave people, i love cat breeders.

Thanks glad you are not mad at me, phew! I sure would be pissed if someone told me to get my bleeding cat to the vet.

Sorry all, but really, i have had enough dead kittens this year to last awhile, i dont get why someone would not just go, who gives a crap if you are sent home? If she has been labouring dead kittens for days they would give her oxytocin. I am with you 14+!!! You said nothing wrong, you are an angel and a hero, some people dont see our side, may the consider themselves lucky.
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:38 PM
-

Wow people , Kayla picks up a stray to bring home with her , while she's visiting family , take her to a vet while she's still visiting family , treats the cat , drives 9 hours to get back home and while still on her way home , asks for more help .... and she gets no support here ..... have you guys read the first post carefully ?

so everything she did is still not good enough for you guys ? wow ......

Kayla , I'm glad the cat is doing better , she's a beauty by the way and looks pretty good to me !
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
I'm a softy

Uh?? What? Ok. . . My opinion is my opinion. And although this person didnt take the advice, it was requested on a public forum. . Questions were, could it be miscarrige?YES, how fast can it go downhill? Fast! So, saying get the lethargic bleeding cat who has possibly been aborting for days to the vet is wrong? Wow wow, ok?? Dont take it to the vet then. .

My advice is go to a vet who can answer these questions, NOT THE INTERNET! If the cat is fine GREAT, if not. . . . .ooops? So much to lose, i dont get it, but then again, i see it all so differently, and this just happens to be an area i have lotsa experience. . But hey, be offended that some people suggested someone actualy look at the cat!

Like are you reading our posts? Can you please tell me where we were offensive? I am pretty sure if i gave the advice i have to give it would be against the rules, no??
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:07 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla View Post
I am driving home from a visit at my in-laws and am taking home with me a stray cat I've decided to adopt.

I am in a car right noW on the long drive home with her.
Quote:
I just made a long distance call to my vet and she said as long as she is eating and drinking she does not need to be seen tonight! I'm feeling better now. I don't like being stuck on a nine hour drive in the middle of nowhere with a kitty who potentially needs emergency vet care, not fun!
Quote:
Hi she is doing very well today,
wtf did you wanted her to do ? Stop the car on the highway and flag cars until she gets a vet who was driving by ??? and that was January first , do you know many vets open ? And on the next day , january 2 , a saturday , there was no vets open here so I'm guessing it was the same in Ontario. I think for someone who picked up a stray , in another city , she did the best she could.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:24 PM
-

Why do these type of threads always have to start arguments between members?

I think everyone should just step back and think it over before flying off the handle and posting.

kayla, Miniki (or whatever you end up calling her) is very pretty ....and I hope everything is still going well for you both.

And, I also hope you will come back and update us.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:32 PM
I'm a softy

Thanks frenchy! Appreciate your opinion! She asked, i answered. I can get in to see a vet in hamiota manitoba on new years, is there more middle of nowhere than that?

My advice is not, and never will be to sit out a 3 or 4 day labour with possible membrane rupture. She got a vet on the phone no?

My advice is my advice. But, next time, i shall tell the person with the lethargic, bleeding, strange, 4 lb cat not to worry, its no biggie, just a cat, wait it out.

May i just add that if you subtract the weight of pregnancy this cat apparently weighs as much as a kitten, but no no, no cause for alarm.

I do have experience, and it tells me there is cause for alarm. A cat in that condition cannot labour for days. I Am telling you there IS cause for alarm.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:40 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I am not here to start arguments or continue one. Just stating two facts. IF this had been a new member who had posted the same information given this whole ending to this thread would have been very different. IF this had been a dog in the same shape and not a cat this thread would have been entirely different. Search deep in your hearts and think back to previous threads where this in fact has happened.
I'm sorry. Refute that. No more arguing. I'm done.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:23 AM
-

I don't think you can compare these types of threads because everyone's circumstances are different and also the people who respond to them are different in each thread.

I'm not arguing either and I sincerely hope there are no hard feelings among any one here.
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:36 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
IF this had been a dog in the same shape and not a cat this thread would have been entirely different.
Nope , if a pregnant cat or pregnant dog has problems , I tell the OP to go see a vet. But from what is describe here , and the opinion of the vet who saw the cat , I would think this cat is not pregnant nor did she have a litter.
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I've been rotating names, but haven't settled on one yet. The latest is "Miniki" (my sister has an identical cat, only 4 times the size, named Kyoshi, so I started calling her Mini Kyoshi, shortened to Miniki). I don't know if this one will stick or not though!
Kayla, poor Miniki does look so skinny and her fur looks pretty bad too. But now that you have rescued her and she is in a safe loving home I'm sure she will start gaining weight and start looking better. Poor little thing. She looks like she had been on the street for quite a while. :sad:

I hope the vet has good news for your tomorrow so that Miniki can give birth safely.

Please let us know what she tells you.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:13 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I am not here to start arguments or continue one. Just stating two facts. IF this had been a new member who had posted the same information given this whole ending to this thread would have been very different. IF this had been a dog in the same shape and not a cat this thread would have been entirely different. Search deep in your hearts and think back to previous threads where this in fact has happened.
I'm sorry. Refute that. No more arguing. I'm done.
Wow that's totally not fair nor is it true.You're basically stating that we value dogs over cats. and since I was the first to respond without bashing then yup gonna take that one personally. Like Frenchy i saw someone who picked up a STRAY(she didn't have to) took the cat to a vet (didn't have to). vet says blah blah and she starts her trek home. Atleast the Op had the sense that something was wrong and looked for some suggestions again (didn't have to).

Your advice====take her to the vet....SHE DID..So if you want to bash me for not kicking her go ahead. Can't say i'd be in a rush to help another stray in her position, oh but then again i apparantly would help a cat anyway.
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am with 14+ and luvmylabs on this one. A bleeding cat should be seen and diagnosed by a vet, not us on the internet. Cats are notorious for not showing their illnesses.

Nobody expected her to stop on the highway to see a vet, however on arriving home, I would have expected her to take the cat into the e-vet.

I also have a problem with the vet who said the cat was OK without seeing the cat.

If this had been a person who nobody knew, all of us would be screaming to take your pet to a vet!!!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Doggie Wench

For what it's worth...

OP takes cat to vet. Vet says not to worry and prescribes Metro and other med for worms.
She arrives from vets and discovers cat has vaginal bleeding, not bleeding from anus as originally thought (why not return to vet immediately at this point if certain of misdiagnosis?)
Drives 9 hours home and is worried about lethargy but decides cat is just really easy going and relaxed in car.
Calls her "phone vet" with concerns of pregnancy/miscarriage/extremely small size of cat...4 lbs.
She thinks she feels two kittens in cat and is worried again about her tiny frame.
Over the phone, vet tells her to stop giving meds in case of pregnancy.
OP calls vet again...this time vet changes mind and tells her to give meds in case of infection . (I don't know about all you who deal with vets but I have never had a vet diagnose such serious issues over the phone )
She is worried that drive to vet's office will stress the cat but just stated that she was perfectly fine during a 9 hour drive.
Op is is obviously worried about cat but is playing the waiting game. Based on her comments and questions, she's looking for answers....that are simply not available without the cat being physically seen by a vet. If I don't know what's going on with my pet, how am I to expect strangers online will? And in the meantime, cat's health/life could be at serious risk.
Regardless if she initially took her cat to a vet, she claims that vet was wrong. Wouldn't you all bring your pet back or to another vet asap?

Based on these facts, given by the OP, members here are obviously upset that she is not taking cat to e-vet...and rightfully so. Rules do state that such issues must be addressed by a vet, not here in a forum.

the cat will finally be seen by a real vet this morning and will be treated appropriately.
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

So well said, LP

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Senior Contributor

ouch everbody, lets just keep our fingers crossed all goes well this am for miss kitty, good luck melissa brenda and the pins
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Lp so well put....

I dont want to debate the issues at hand but wanted to mention this:

I think the frustration is the fact that people come to this site looking for help....some get bashed...others dont.....

The fact that someone on this site knows the OP and because of that fact they were treated different. This is why I always try to give the benefit of doubt and if we do less bashing and more educating we would be so much further ahead.

We have some members who are the most precious angels when it comes to animals and I am sure they have seen some horrific things but when another person comes along with a bit less sense or lack of understanding maybe we would be better people by helping them understand what needs to be done.

When I came to pets.ca there were a few who were less than kind to me but I also have broad shoulders and could really care less. My ignorance at the time was food! yes food! I knew nothing compared to what I have learned now. If I had of ran off back then I would never had learned these things from many of the valuable members we have!

We need to treat everyone the same way!

Just my
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:48 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Wow that's totally not fair nor is it true.You're basically stating that we value dogs over cats. and since I was the first to respond without bashing then yup gonna take that one personally. Like Frenchy i saw someone who picked up a STRAY(she didn't have to) took the cat to a vet (didn't have to). vet says blah blah and she starts her trek home. Atleast the Op had the sense that something was wrong and looked for some suggestions again (didn't have to).

Your advice====take her to the vet....SHE DID..So if you want to bash me for not kicking her go ahead. Can't say i'd be in a rush to help another stray in her position, oh but then again i apparantly would help a cat anyway.
Well said Aslan
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

very well said!! , i knew nothing about the kitty, except that melissa had found her! through the email i got, and she was on her way to the vet here , before she drove back home 9 hrs, melissa has been taking in strays worked for the spca, fostered for teddys---- thats how i got rosie, she is a wounderful young lady, she was scared and wanted to do something for this cat!, the cat was here!!! she lives 9 hrs away, she could off walked away, but with her big heart she did not, and money out of her pocket, she did not think twice, she went ahead and hoping to save another stray, so on that note HATS OFF TO YOU MELISSA, and my fingers are crossed for appt, at 11, keep me posted, hugs brenda and the pins
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM

Thanks Brenda, and GG, and Aslan, and Frenchy, and everyone else who has given me the benefit of the doubt.

I did not go to Montreal to adopt a stray, I went to visit my in-laws for New Years Eve. I got in late on Wednesday night, and left Friday morning. I had one day to visit, and I haven't seen them since New Years 2009. There was a stray cat meowing outside my window Wednesday night. Next day I mention it to the in-laws and they say it's been hanging around for a while and while they occasionally feed her and put up a box for her to sleep in they can't bring her in due to allergies and they can't afford to care for a cat. The cat shows up at the door shortly after, I go out and give her some food and a pet, notice she smells and has gunk and blood on her rear. I immediately wrap her up and take her to a walk-in vet where I spend 3 hours of my one day with my family waiting to see a vet. Then I take her to a groomer to clean her up. Then I drive around trying to find a pet supply store that doesn't sell miserable looking dogs and cats. A couple hundred dollars and several hours later I return home and my in-laws are kind enough to let me keep her in their storage room until I leave the next day, and kind enough not to tell me they think I am insane for doing all this for some cat I don’t even know, even though it’s clear that’s what they are thinking. I go in to check on her several times throughout the evening and at one point notice the blood is coming from her vulva. The cat is eating and happy and in no way in immediate distress, and I make the choice to wait until I can take her to my own vet, who I know is good, rather than take her to another questionable vet (at this point all vets are closed anyways).

Next day, January 1st, every is closed, she is still doing fine so I’m not worried, I pack her and my dogs up and we’re off. Once I hit the road I decide to do a bit of research online, and see that she is likely miscarrying and that there can be complications. Yes I should have called my vet at this point, but I was on the road and nine hours away and I was not overly concerned since she seemed comfortable enough. Then I think to myself, does she seem TOO comfortable? Is this lethargy? How the hell am I supposed to know when I have only known her 24 hours? So I post online, my first mistake. I should have just called my vet and saved myself this big headache. Anyways I got some responses that convinced me to call my vet, so I did! My vet said not to worry at this point. Next morning I notice contractions and call again and am told to bring her in Monday morning. The vet says not to worry since she is eating, pooping, and happy. She said to keep her quiet and let her settle in, and unless there is a true emergency it was a bad idea to bring her in at that point. MY OWN VET has told me NOT TO BRING HER IN UNTIL MONDAY. Who are you people to think you know better than my own vet what is best for my cat? Why on earth would I listen to random strangers online over my vet? The vet did not attempt to diagnose my cat on the phone, she just said that the cat was at this point not in a state of emergency, and I agreed with her. She was not lethargic after all (I never said she absolutely was, I just said I worried she may be because she was quiet in the car when my cats never are). When I got her home it was clear she was happy, hungry, and playing with the string I dragged around for her, she was NOT LETHARGIC. And yes, I would have liked to have taken her to the vet so I did not have to spend my weekend worrying, but kept her home by ADVICE FROM MY VET, not advice from some internet breeders as someone rudely suggested. The only online advice I followed was to contact a vet immediately. After which I HAVE ONLY FOLLOWED THE ADVICE OF MY VET, and have ignored any advice people felt they know better than a vet. Why would I follow your advice and pack her up again and drive hours to another vet when I was specifically told to keep her quiet and stress-free by my own vet who I trust??? I should mention that I live in a small town, and on weekends and afterhours all the vets of my town and the adjacent towns run through the same answering service. To get hold of a vet you have to call the service, tell them your problem, and they ring you through to a vet tech, then if they think it necessary they get you in touch with the vet on duty. Often you have to wait for a call back. There is nobody actually at the office unless they need to be. The closest vet would be 1.5 hours away although I assume they would also be closed on weekends. WTH was I supposed to do? I did everything I could, and more. The only thing I would have changed was I would not have asked any questions here! I was wrong to do so, as I’ve already admitted, I should have just called my vet right away. What more do you want? I came here because I know some good people on here, and it’s a forum I find the most like-minded people. Someone thought it odd I came to a pro spay/neuter forum. I am pro spay/neuter, why should I not come here? Did I get this cat knocked up? Is she my *oooops I forgot to spay her on time* mess??? No! I merely found her and am trying to help her! I would rather get my info here then from some backyard breeder site! I think a part of me also needed some support from people who understand the desire to help animals in need, as most of my family thinks I’m crazy for taking in another stray. Usually I can find that support on this board, I thank the people who actually offered it instead of yelling at me.

Anyways there are so many comments I could address here but I just don’t have the time or patience. Just remember I have followed the advice of my vet, I’m sorry if some of you people think you know better. Again, if you think you can do better, become a vet yourself. And if you think my vet was wrong, you can take it up with her. I am TIRED OF BEING YELLED AT FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING.

That’s it for that. If anyone has more problems with how I handled things keep it to yourself. Or PM me personally, this thread is turning into a battlefield, it’s sad. Isn’t about the cat?

Anyways for those who are actually here because they want to know how she is doing, she is great! She saw the vet this morning. Two vets felt her abdomen (it’s a multi-vet office) and neither could feel kittens. What I thought was a kitten was just her swollen uterus. They said the mild contractions were just leftover from the miscarriage. Her nesting behavior and hormone levels may be up for a couple weeks. She also may continue to have bleeding and discharge but I don’t need to worry unless it starts smelling foul. There is no sign of infection but I have to keep a close eye on it as it is very possible there will be. They don’t want to put her on any stronger antibiotics at this point because her body is under enough stress, and they want to build her up first. They also said I need to keep my eye on a cut on her tail to make sure it doesn't get infected. Other than that she is very healthy all things considered! They aged her at around one year old. Oh and they tested her for FIV- negative! Yay! Also, perhaps the best news is she has gained weight and now weighs a whopping FIVE POUNDS! That means she gained 14oz in 4 days! She has been such a little piggy with her food, eating every hour or so, I am thrilled! I am to bring her back in once she reaches 6lbs (she will be a small cat even at her proper weight) and I can get her vaccinated and spayed.

Anyways thanks again to the people who have been supportive. I really needed some support, it has been a stressful few days.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for helping the little stray, Kayla. I believe we can make change in the world, one animal at a time
Harvey the English Bulldog Extraordinaire
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Kayla:

The issue is not that fact of taking in strays (which I think is just wonderful), the issue was you had a bleeding cat, who you didn't have any health background on. The bleeding from the vagina could have been serious. I don't know of any vet who will diagnose what could be a very serious condition over the phone.

There is a sticky that I have posted a link to that states: if your pet is bleeding take it to a vet, period.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4329

I know I wouldn't have answered any differently and I CAN guarantee you if I had been told by 14+ or luvmylabs, who have extensive experience with cats, to take my cat to the vet, I would race there, I wouldn't be waiting around to see if it gets better.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old January 4th, 2010, 02:08 PM
-

Well that's good news kayla ! I believe she will, now , put much needed weight on and will be a healthy cat in no time ! Thank you for picking her off the streets !

please keep us posted on her condition.
Closed Thread