Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 11th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Young at Heart

We're all bored!

Wind and rain warnings - sheesh! Day before yesterday we had a wind storm that ripped some siding off my carport - today we have another wind warning and a rain warning out - it is absolutely miserable!

This morning we only had about 45 minutes at the Beach - in relatively "nice" weather then a short walk around the block in the afternoon - in the wind and the rain. No hikes today - no off-leash racing through the bush. Bobby and Amber did play for a little bit in the yard but not much.

Shadow the cat has just been sleeping all day - he takes one look outside and flops back down again.

I must admit, though - they are all being extremely good given they haven't had their normal runs and free time!
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Hey Jan, we got some awful wind on Saturday afternoon too, wicked!!

Weather like this means bones and inside training for us, but there is only so much quiet time dogs like ours can handle before the lose thier marbles.

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I always wonder what to do on those kinda days. I'll go out for a walk when it's really nasty but Molly really misses her evening play time (I hate standing around when it's blowing and raining like crazy). We have such a small house it's hard to do much inside ...

This is the worst time of year I think, rain and cold and DARK. I must admit I like it better once we get snow though i'm not sure how i'm gonna handle playing fetch for hours when it's 40 below and blowing like mad

I'm always on the search for good doggy games, you guys have anything that works well for you? (that don't involve too much running around, games for small spaces I guess)
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I'm always on the search for good doggy games, you guys have anything that works well for you? (that don't involve too much running around, games for small spaces I guess)
Hide and seek ? Hide a treat , or in Molly's case , her cuz
Old November 12th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Young at Heart

Well - we are still getting nasty wind and rain but I took the dogs to the Beach this morning - what a hoot.. I opened the back door of the car and for the first time ever Bobby looked at me saying "you're kididng, right?" Amber of course just jumped out - I eventually got Bobby out but the conditions were so bad we only spent about 10 minutes there. The surf was pounding something fierce and the whole area was under water.

I wear a drover coat, a sou'wester hat and high gum boots and a friend of mine once commented that he would like to put a picture of me on a tin of sardines... I don't much care what I look like - I stay warm and dry!

Poor Shadow is going a little nutsy though - he has started scratching the furniture - then, because he knows he shouldn't - he leaps away and runs to hide somewhere until I turn around - then he darts out and flys past me going only where a cat knows he wants to go

It is supposed to ease up this afternoon so hopefully we'll get out and get some real exercise then!