Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Just had a visitor

Pheobe decided to come and see what was happening on Pets ca. Much as I hated losing my darling Perkins(old red male ACD), it's nice that now Pheobe feels safe enough to claim the whole house. She's dealt with a couple of mice, and that was funny, she must have been so proud of the first kill because she was calling the way females will when they are in season, very loudly, virtually shouting at us to come and have a look. She's a dear little cat, if I could find another old fashioned Persian like her I'd get another when she's gone.
Attached Images

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

GF, Phoebe is just beautiful. I didn't really even know you had cats! I miss my little kitties around the house terribly.
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

What a cute face!! I'd have a blast photographing her
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

We have 3 cats, DD. Pheobe is the oldest, at nearly 15 , in fact she may be 15 already, I have misplaced her pedigree. Then there are two desexed ex feral semi long coat boys I stole as kittens from a really wild big female tabby that bought a litter here from over in the forest. Here are some photo's of Ginger and Sibi. I'd have caught the lot only she saw what I was up to and disappeared with them. Sibi is friendly, Ginger has always been standoffish unfortunately.
Marko, you would find her photogenic, she's a very neat little cat, not big.
Attached Images

Old May 15th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Senior Contributor

GF Sibi and Ginger are both gorgeous also. Lucky lady.
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

GF, what beautiful kitties!!! I love the last 2, very good photos (although I love the first one too!). I always love to see kitties stalking around in the bushes/trees

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Robyn, they can go up a tree like lightning too. When they were young they were forever up trees or on the garage or dog yard roof. They've had a most enjoyable life. I would wish they'd had no fear whatsoever but Ginger would disappear the minute a visitor arrives, they were both wary of my sheep because if the sheep spotted anything in their paddocks they'd have to investigate, and they kept well out of the way of my two red cattle dogs, Suisie and Perkins. Pheobe and Jarrah get on well though, I think because Pheobe never runs from dogs if you can make the dog be sensible. DD, glad you like them, can you not adopt another kitty or two? I somehow doubt if we will have outdoor cats after we lose this pair, I might just feed the ferals instead.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:13 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sweet kitties, GF!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Senior Contributor

GF, no not now. If I got more cats they would be indoor cats and DH loves the dog but he hates the hair (so go figure why he wants a Malamute...). I think he had a cat some time back and hated having it inside. So I'm not going there. He'd hate having them on the furniture!
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

What beautiful kitties. for feeding the ferals.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Senior Contributor

I suspect we already DO feed the ferals, Sylvie. The magpies thought cat food was pretty good too. LOL.
I suppose I can relate to how your hubby feels, DD. I spent ages today getting hair off a soft red jacket after Ian kindly dropped it on the floor. (Grrrr!) Jarrah is moulting. Your husband would hate Persians, their fine hair gets everywhere when you groom them, it seems to float even if there is no breeze coming into the house.
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Senior Contributor

GF,how come you never told us you have three absolutely gorgeous kitties,I thought you"only"had several dogs..
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, I'd hate to admit I'm a cat person. LOL. Committed dog exhibitors don't do that. LOL . But since I gave showing away, well ..... yes, we are both cat lovers too. I'm sure there are threads where I've added cat photo's, chico2, but you've missed them.

Here are another couple I just interrupted this post to take, very up close and personal though, she was just on my knee purring up a storm. I usually call her Pheobe puss, or Pheebles. Another dog exhibitor gave her to me. We visited (15 year ago) to just have a look at a colt he had, and when he asked did I want a kitten, my mistake(never!) was asking could I have a look at it? Best mistake we made I think. She's always been a very sweet little cat.
Attached Images

Old May 17th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Here is another shot of Sibi, he was snoozing on the pea straw bales this evening , waiting for the dogs to be out of the house yard. A very nice little cat, he follows us everywhere when we're working outside.
Attached Images

Old May 26th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Another, (full body) , photo of Pheobe.
Attached Images