Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Grey CAT lost in Pointe Claire - Cat was FOUND

Have you seen Albert? He has been missing since early morning of Tuesday March 24th. He is grey with a white chest and paws and he is fixed. If he has not lost it, he has an elasticated blue collar with a name tag and phone number. If you live in Pointe Claire, could you please check your shed and garage as he may be trapped inside.

Thank you in advance for your help
Nancy
Tel: 514-671-9933
Attached Images

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Senior Contributor

HI NAncy, I live in Pointe Claire....can you tell me part of Pointe Claire so that I can spread the word. If your cat is an ondoor cat he is not far...cats generally do not venture to far from their territory.
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Senior Contributor

What a gorgeous boy, his name totally suits him! Keep looking, make sure your neighbours know so they can keep a lookout.
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
If your cat is an ondoor cat he is not far...cats generally do not venture to far from their territory.
Actually this is not true. Cats can wander far from home, expecially if they are not fixed. Cats that are indoor cats, usually do not travel far from home, due to them being to scared.

ACO22
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO22 View Post
Actually this is not true. Cats can wander far from home, expecially if they are not fixed. Cats that are indoor cats, usually do not travel far from home, due to them being to scared.

ACO22
I am assuming the cat if fixed. Cats are territorial and when I lost my cat across Canada...I had a animal tracker tell me this is true. Ofcourse if they are not fixed, then yes they do venture far to get their women. Once a cat finds his area, he/she will make sure their scent is there and they stay within a 2 block radius. A cat will not venture far from teh smells he knows.
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Senior Contributor

OK MSPCA has the contract for Point Claire...phewwww. As long as this cat stays within the 'border' everything will be fine if surrendered there.

Please go to the MSPCA and leave a picture and description of the cat. I go there almost every second day so I will also check in the stray department.

Nevertheless, contact AMR as well. There you must check every dang day. Leave them a picture as well. You don't want your cat there!
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
Have you seen Albert? He has been missing since early morning of Tuesday March 24th. He is grey with a white chest and paws and he is fixed. If he has not lost it, he has an elasticated blue collar with a name tag and phone number. If you live in Pointe Claire, could you please check your shed and garage as he may be trapped inside.

Thank you in advance for your help
Nancy
Tel: 514-671-9933
Hi thank you for responding, I don't know my way around well in the forum so I just noticed that I had messages! I live on St-Johns close to lakeshore. I have been living here for 6 years and he always does his little business outside in the morning and comes back for Breakfast. The pain is really starting to kick in as I don't believe he would get lost. He knows his way around... Thanks for your reply and I appreciate your concern.
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
What a gorgeous boy, his name totally suits him! Keep looking, make sure your neighbours know so they can keep a lookout.
Thank you for responding. I appreciate your concern and I will keep looking...
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO22 View Post

ACO22
Hi my cat has always been an outdoor cat and he is fixed. I know that he does not go very far because he normally comes back when I call him. Thank you for your concern
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM

Hi, I contacted the SPCA but I don't know about MSPCA I search the web website www.mspca.com but their is no contact address nothing on their pages. Would you happened to have the phone number? Same for AMR I don't know what that place is? I searched on the internet but nothing comes up animal related. I called the city vets around and DMV in lachine as they are opened 24hrs but nothing. I've distributed door to door fliers, put pictures in petshops, supermarkets, vets around but nothing. It would be great if you have the contact for AMR & MSPCA but I'll keep looking for their contact and location now...Thank you very much
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Nancy P - I messanged you the numbers. I went on Friday to the MSPCA - nothing. Keep the faith.
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

This cat was found so I'm closing the thread.

We LOVE happy endings

"....
My Albert came back home during the night and I am just so so happy!

I don't want people to waste their time looking for my cat now that he is home again.

Thank you very much for your help

Nancy"
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread