Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 9th, 2018, 12:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

A rare shot of Ember and Ridge together

One of the advantages (in fact, about the only advantage I can think of) of being a year behind in editing images, is that you run across pictures of those you've lost in the interim. Ember and Ridge were both sorta grumpy, so, as a rule, they didn't often cuddle with the others, and cuddling together...well, that was almost unheard of...

But I came across this shot from the last day of January 2017, showing the exception that proves the rule

Name:  Ember and Ridge cuddling on the kuranda bed, with Cass behind 1-31-17.jpg
Views: 1881
Size:  91.8 KB

We lost Ridge (on the right) in March of 2017 and Ember (the big orange boy on the left) in June of 2017, so this image resulted in some tears, but it's a good memory...

(Oh, and in case you're wondering, yes, that's Cass in the background--she's still hanging in there at 16!)

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 9th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Good catch on that photo. How nice to come across it again and remember, even if it did bring some tears.
Old February 10th, 2018, 02:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm sure I'll find more images, yet, of them, but probably not together like this. I'm hoping so, anyway.

On another note, Longblades--how is your hand? FB is about nonfunctional for me these days but I saw something about you getting your hand bitten/scratched by a neighborhood cat?!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 10th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Funny, I can get on FB but still often can not get on here. I made a thread about my hand. It is better, I drove an hour to the nursing home today, my Aunt passed away at 103 and a half, and I drove an hour home and the hand is ok.

My Aunt loved cats.

I am having trouble right now getting the link to my new thread in here. Redirected Aggression is in the title.
Old February 10th, 2018, 10:57 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I found it first thing Thank you for the update--I was worried!

So sorry about your Aunt! Is that where you get your love of cats? Something your Aunt shared with you?

My Grandpa was 103 when he passed, too--always so cheerful; always had a smile for everyone, right to the end. I wish I had half his rosy outlook on life!

Old February 10th, 2018, 11:17 PM

Nice photos Hazel. I can relate to having tears when I come across old photos like yours. I can feel the welling up too
Old February 14th, 2018, 06:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I still have about a month's-worth of images to clear before we lose Ridge, and 3 months or so before we lose Ember. It's a bit like time travel into the past, but when I come to the end of the images, it'll be like losing them all over again...

Old February 14th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Just typing HELLO here, to see if I can. Lots of trouble getting on the site. Got here from a thread notification but yesterday I could not. Very strange. Had to log in but could not do that before.

ETA: This is the only place I can go though. Can't get to the rest of the forum from here.

Sorry Hazel, a highjack.
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

No problem, Longblades--I know that feeling of frustration when the cyber gods are being mean! It sounds so similar to the problem I have on FB--can sometimes comment on things through notifications, but only rarely on things I come across iin my newsfeed. The internet is a strange place... These days, I laugh when I hear the term "social media", since I find it so hard to be social when I'm alone....

I hope both our cyber problems clear up sometime soon