Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
It needs to be Federally mandated. JMO
We all know that ain't gonna happen.
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:34 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
We all know that ain't gonna happen.
I know. And that is so sad.
I'm getting myself in a great frame of mind to go to work in. If the one that bought those kitties from the store says anything.......

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:39 PM
-

Tell them "I don't want to talk about it"....no point getting het up about 14k, some folks are just oblivious, that's the way they deal with "their world"
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It's all good. I can shut my mouth occasionally y'know.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:48 PM
-

Quote:
It's all good. I can shut my mouth occasionally y'know.
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;900308]Buddingartist, I don't know where you live, but I don't understand why the spca would not investigate....the so called "big fish" that they receive calls on are so few and far between, most of their calls in this area are the "small fish"......That being said in this Province any establishment selling animals is open for inspection rights.

If people in general when they go to a BYB to purchase an animal and notice that the conditions are not kosher they SHOULD report it with no hesitation whatsoever......this will help close BYB's, once they have an eye on them, that eye remains there.

As I knew I SHOULD I did just that and the <evidence and targetting bigger ones< is the answer I received. We were living in Toronto and used a Toronto vet when we got our babies.

I think using the vet avenue makes a lot of sense. Our vet confirmed that our little guy was about 1 to 2 weeks from dying of malnutrition aggravated by the untreated mange. They thought we had lost our mind when they evaluated our dogs and we told him we didn't want show dogs, we just wanted to save 2 and help them throgh with their health problems such as hip displasia, heart murmur, hairline hip fracture, respitory problems, anal sac problems, mange, undernourished.

Maybe you are right and she is now out of business. That would be my wish
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:28 PM
150% PRO S/N

So just to put a bit of a spin on this... what do you call someone who calls themselves a "rescue" but all of the animals that end up being rescued are then being bred by the "rescuer"? These include dogs, pot bellied pigs, horses, etc. The reasoning behind it.. gotta make some money back on them. IMO that is a BYB in capital letters. Interesting way of looking at rescuing, isn't it?

Old March 25th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
So just to put a bit of a spin on this... what do you call someone who calls themselves a "rescue" but all of the animals that end up being rescued are then being bred by the "rescuer"? These include dogs, pot bellied pigs, horses, etc. The reasoning behind it.. gotta make some money back on them. IMO that is a BYB in capital letters. Interesting way of looking at rescuing, isn't it?
. How is that rescuing . That is a BREEDER, period.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddingartist View Post

As I knew I SHOULD I did just that and the <evidence and targetting bigger ones< is the answer I received. We were living in Toronto and used a Toronto vet when we got our babies.

Just an assumption on my part....since you were living in Toronto at the time, the call would have been made to the Toronto Humane Society, up until June of last year their Agents covered Toronto...am I right?

I think using the vet avenue makes a lot of sense. Our vet confirmed that our little guy was about 1 to 2 weeks from dying of malnutrition aggravated by the untreated mange.

Under the new laws that were enacted last year, a Vet is obliged to report any suspected abuse cases.....hopefully, slow but surely we are moving in the right direction.

Maybe you are right and she is now out of business. That would be my wish
My wish too Buddingartist and I only wish the best for your two little guys
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hazel's Personal Servant

Quote:
That's not rescueing - that's perverting the perception of a rescue to further your own personal agenda. IMO that's even worse than a byb. I can call myself the Queen of England too - doesn't mean I have any legitimate claim to the title.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Unbelievable
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy View Post
I can call myself the Queen of England too - doesn't mean I have any legitimate claim to the title.
LMAO!!!

Tags
qqqqqqqqq