Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:20 AM
Rosco, Raw Fed & LOVES IT

EVO for cats?

Never realized they made it. And since I wanted to find something to replace the felidae, this may be an option if I can find a store that carries it. Any opinions on it?

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php...D%271255%27%5D
Old September 22nd, 2006, 06:54 AM
Senior Contributor

My cats are on it and they love it.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:14 AM
Senior Contributor

I just bought a bag of"By Nature"for my cats,wanting to get Vinnie off the Medi-Cal dental fom the vet,it's something new.
I have 3 dishes of dry food down 24/7(Chickensoup and Wellness),but Vinnie is still looking for his Medi-Cal Vinnie could definetly need to loose a few lbs,but I feel really bad when he's looking for his favourite:sad:
I think the Medi-Cal made him gain too much weight,too much junk in there
Does this look ok? www.bynaturepetfoods.com
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:23 AM

Mine where on Medical & Hills TD for a while. It took a bit to get them off it as well. Look at it this way. Your kids would gladly eat MacDonalds every day, but you wouldnt feed it would you? Keep at it, they'll take the switch.

Out of my three cats, one is very fussy. She doesnt eat any cat treats no matter what they are. She eats some of the Felidae but not alot. She doesnt eat wet food. Luckly my two males do.

I wouldnt mind trying out a raw diet for the cats. I've tried raw mackeral and they just kinda looked at me, so a pre-packed raw might be better to try. That Pets 4 life looks simple, but looks very expensive. I may look at the natures varity, see what they offer. If not, the EVO may be the way to go for me.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Vinnie is not really fussy,but he really liked the Medical,all 3 of my cats only snack on the dry food.
They get 1/3 of a can of wet food twice a day,which I believe is important for neutered males,I've always fed my cats canned as the main meals and I've had many cats in my lifetime.
If I give my cats anything raw,they'll give me this strange look like"are you nuts,we're supposed to eat THAT "
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Senior Contributor

All my cats love Evo...especially Nickie. When we lived on Vancouver Island she basically just ate what she hunted....the whole animal I was afraid she may not like "cat food" when I forced her to be an indoor cat in Montreal, but I was wrong, she loved it.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Learning fast

Why off felidea, i'm just curious as I'm jsut starting my 3 on it, a bit late at 17 and 16 years old but ignorance was bliss. i'm not questioning your change but wondered why you no longer want to use the Felidae (I guess I'm afraid of missing something) but ANYTHING will be better than what there on (name withheld due to shame) :sad: , but at least I'm learning
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM

Hey. Id really like to keep my 3 kitties on it, but one of them wont eat it. Or I should say, she picks at it. She was over weight and since put on Felidae she has lost the weight and looks healthy now. Actually she looks so small, maybe because I'm used to her being a fat kitty lol.

So I'd like to find a food they will all eat. If I could keep them on the Felidae I would. Its an excellant food.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 06:54 AM

Well, so far for Evo. Put a bit out last night for them and it was gone this morning. So I gave them a bit this am and my fussy cat dug right in. So heres to hoping she keeps at it.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:02 AM
Senior Contributor

My Vinnie is still looking around for his Medical,it's really pitiful to watch and I almost decided to go and get another bag from the vet,but no,I did not..
Don't think for a minute,that I let him starve,he has 3 kinds of dry to choose from and canned food,which he gobbles up
My other 2 cats,never touched the Medical..
Old September 27th, 2006, 10:14 AM

Scott, are you feeding Felidae canned or dry? I'm just curious because my guys all love the Felidae dry but only one of them will eat the Felidae canned, and even then he just picks at it and leaves the rest. I now give them the Evo canned and they love it.
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:52 AM

Was the Felidae dry. The fussy one wont eat wet food. Luckly shes a female.

I've had them on the evo dry for a few days and they all seem to love it! But they dont seem to care for the evo wet

Their impression of power is remarkable. They give one the feeling of immense reserves of energy, of great reservoirs of knowledge, of tolerance of disposition, obstinacy of purpose, and tenacity of principle. They are responsive, and they have a lot of quiet, good sense.

-J. Wentworth Day, from The Dog in Sport, 1938
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrohloff
Scott, are you feeding Felidae canned or dry? I'm just curious because my guys all love the Felidae dry but only one of them will eat the Felidae canned, and even then he just picks at it and leaves the rest. I now give them the Evo canned and they love it.

I had the same problem. My cats are all on evo dry and felidea canned...they all hate the canned stuff, including the ferrels that would eat anything.
The scary thing is that they love....absolutely love friskies wet and not the felidea. Anyway I will be trying a different kind when I'm done the felidea.
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16
The scary thing is that they love....absolutely love friskies wet and not the felidea. Anyway I will be trying a different kind when I'm done the felidea.
That makes sense since Friskies probably adds tasty rancid fat.