Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old May 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Senior Contributor

May have found my new dog!

I'm so excited!!! I mentioned a few months ago that I was thinking of adding a second dog to my family. I've been watching Petfinder since February for a young female Boston Terrier and one suddenly showed up yesterday! So I emailed them, telling them a little bit about Petey, Billy, and myself and they emailed me back today! I just filled out the adoption application, so now it's just a matter of waiting! I'm so nervous and excited!

She was found as a stray, so we have to wait until this Friday to see if anyone claims her. If not, then she can be adopted! She is being spayed next week, so won't be ready to go home until after June 7th. They just named her last week, so I would change her name to something else if I get her, not sure what yet.

Here she is:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8508853

And here is what I got back from the Rescue. They sound like wonderful people!

"Little Porsche is just a doll. you will fall in love with her for sure. I visited her at the shelter on sunday and she just laid in my lap.. happy as a clam.... and gave me a few kisses here and there. She definitely feels very happy and safe when with her human. The only thing you may have to work on is her confidence... i took her outside to potty and she didn't even want to move! I don't know if she maybe hasn't had a collar and leash on or what....but we now have her in a foster home so she can be back in a home environment and hopefully not so scared.. you know, the shelter if very scary for toy and small dogs... it's really sad! But she is a love and i would take her home if i didn't already have 3 dogs of my own~

So, here is the process if you would like to proceed with her... i've already had some inquiries but no apps yet! I have attached the application to fill out.... really just a technicality because obviously you would be a great home.

She can be claimed by her owner up until friday. If she is not claimed, i can call you satuday to let you know and we would ask that you put down $100 as a deposit. Can be check or credit card to hold her for you. This amount will be taken off your adoption fee if you do decide to adopt. We would have her spayed the following week and she would be ready thursday june 7th or saturday june 9th. During any of this time, we could schedule a meeting if you wanted to drive up to meet her to make sure or you could wait until she was ready so you don't have to make 2 trips.

Let me know if you have any questions... hope that she is exactly what you are looking for... she is a sweetie."

I emailed back to ask a few more questions, but she also told me that she is good with dogs, cats, and children (I wanted to make sure since I have nieces that visit!). She is housebroken already as well or at least is doing very well in her foster home so far! Not much is known about her background. They think she is around 8 months to one years old. She was found last week wandering the streets alone. :sad: Poor baby! But her behavior and and the fact she's housebroken indicate she was in a house at some point in her little life. So we'll see what happens!!! Sounds like I'll find out on Sat!
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM

Good luck! I hope you get her. She sounds like she needs a good home where she can feel secure, she is very stressed in the photos, poor thing! She's very cute though!!!!
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Hope everything works out!
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:12 PM
-

She's too cute ! Hope it works out, so this is going to be a loooong week
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Senior Contributor

AH! They just emailed me back again to let me know that they recieved two other applications for her tonight as well. So they will review them all and make their decision and let us know on Saturday. This is all also dependent on whether or not anyone claims her before then! So now it's REALLY a waiting game, even more so than before! I hope to be chosen, but am afraid I won't be because of my being single and working. But we'll see! Whatever happens, all that matters is that this little girl find the best home. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:51 PM
-

Me too , keeping my fingers crossed for you !
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Frenchy! She is everything I've been wanting, so this is going to be a nervewracking week! LOL!
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:10 PM
-

You must be so excited , she's a real cutie ! I sure hope you get to adopt her cuz I would looove to see picture of her and Petey
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:16 PM

wouhoo !!1 She looks adorable! that you will count her in your family!!
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:10 PM
-

She's a real cutie. I hope everything works in your favour.
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

Is she ever cute..i'm that you get to adopt her.
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:59 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

She's such a beautiful baby, Smiley! s and crossed s that you get her! Only one more day to wait! madame hazel knows you're going to be the winner! (and madame hazel sees all! )

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:35 AM

My fingers are crossed that you get your baby.

Hope everything works out.
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Good Luck!!!
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:00 AM

aww, she's very cute! Good luck
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:09 AM

cute good luck (willthey get along)
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:22 AM
Furball Farmer

I love her buggy eyes lol too adorable.
Well hopefully everything turns out for you, and don't go nuts this weekend with anticipation!!
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys!!!!!

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I'm having fun looking at little girlie stuff and making a list of girl names. I've had boys for so long, it's been 15 years since my last girl! I'm so excited! So I'm really hoping she works out! If not, then I know it wasn't meant to be and I'm supposed to keep looking for a different little girl. But it's fun to start looking at least.

Does anyone have any good girl name suggestions? Or how about any links to some fun girlie collars or dog beds? It's fun to think about and look, even though I know I could very well not get her. But I'm hoping!!!! I emailed for an update today and they said she hasn't been claimed yet. So two more days to go!
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, I'm so bummed!!!!! Got this email just now:

"Stephanie,
I have some very good but bad news! The owners of Porsche had called at 11:00 pm last night and believe the this is their dog. Legally, we do have to return the dog if it is within the 5 days so i wanted to let you know this. I really liked your application and feel like you would've been an absolutely wonderful home for her. Your Petey is gorgeous and looks like he is best friends with you cat This is such a hard situation and i'm sorry that you are probably very very disappointed... i am too.

I wish you so much luck in your search for your next family member...i would've chosen you in a heartbeat!"

I'm of course happy her owners claimed her. Of course it had to be at the last HOUR. Argh! I got my hopes up yesterday. They had until midnight to claim her and called at 11pm. I hope they're good owners, that makes me a little nervous for her, letting her wander with no tags and then not even calling the only shelter in a small town for five days. But I don't know the situation, so it's not fair of me to judge. I'm just really disappointed. But I knew this was a very real possibility, and I am truly happy that there is one less doggie stuck in the shelter today! She was so scared in there, so I'm happy that she's back in her own familiar surroundings now.

Back to the search I go!
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:10 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Aww I so sorry you didn't get her:sad: As they say "everything happens for a reason", so your true love pup will come along soon!
I am sure your patience will be rewarded.

Wouldn't it be a perfect pet world if everyone were as patient, and did their research, and used the adoption process like you!

Best of luck, to you in your search!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, I'm so srry, Stephanie

But as you say, it must not have been meant to be--and there are lots of girls out there just dyin' to come home with you! You'll find that perfect someone!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:09 PM
-

Awww.....sorry to hear that, Steph. I hope her owners deserve to have her back. And, I hope you find your perfect girl soon.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
Live well, laugh often

That sucks Smiley :sad: . Big hugs to you and an extra one for Petey as well .
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
-

I totally missed that , ohh I'm so sorry. But they are sooo many dogs on petfinder, I'm sure you will find another one right for you and Petey
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:19 AM

That's too bad, but I have my fingerscrossed that you find the right dog for you soon.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

Aww that to bad.the right one will come along.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys! I was really bummed yesterday, but am feeling a little better today. We went to Petsmart and would you believe they had an adoption going on AND there was a little Boston there?! My heart stopped for a moment, and I thought it was fate. Except it turns out she hates cats. I had to just laugh and know that my time will come.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
N/A

Smiley you are wonderful, and when you find your new addition...wow he/she will be so lucky to be loved by you.
Sending and a your way,
Furbaby Momma :love: