Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old April 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Young at Heart

Tenderfoot Training..

After the podcast with Tenderfoot Training I went to their website and liked what I saw, so I ordered their training DVD. I've just watched the first disc and tried their method while I was out walking the dogs.

Amber pulls on her leash and I was using the tug method to stop her - it wasn't working so today I used the "irritate them" method and after about 4 or 5 times of twitching (for lack of a better word), she seemed to realize what was wanted and was sooo much better! I'm going to use the "out" method too to keep both Bobby and Amber out of the kitchen when I'm cooking. That method is supposed to work to keep them in your property too so I'll be working on that soon too.

After my one success with the leash, I'm excited to work on the other issues, hopefully with success on those too!
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM

Keep us updated? I hope it goes well!
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:58 AM

I have been wanting to order these as soon as I start to pay off some of the school debt off on my card. Good to hear that the methods are working well for you.
Old April 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Senior Contributor - Expert

Wow, there is a thread named after us! Cool! Always happy to hear that the Tenderfoot method is touching people and their dogs lives in a positive way.

I am sorry we have been away for a bit - busy training schedules, out of the country for a few weeks and then hit by a nasty travelers virus! Now taxes are going to step in a preoccupy our brains for the next few days! Its always something. But guilt has run high in not attending to Pets.ca and all of the great people here. I will try to be better.

So, back to the DVD. Thanks so much for the order and don't ever hesitate to contact us directly if you need further help. We are available 7 days a week (when in town) until 9pm Colorado time. Happy to hear that things are working out for you.
Dog Training the Way Nature Intended
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Young at Heart

Telepathy works! I was just about to post an update on Amber's leash manners using the Tenderfoot Training method and voila - another response to my original thread!

Anyway, Amber is definitely getting the idea on the leash now so I'm very pleased! When she looks like she is going to start going too fast, I say "easy" and if she eases up - nothing if she doesn't ease up I use the "waggle" on the leash and she immediatly eases up. The need to use the leash waggle is lessening every time we go out. So, thanks TFT for that!

I haven't watched the 2nd disc yet but will very soon - definitely a helpful training tool!