Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old August 13th, 2007, 05:37 AM
banned user

Carly..just keep posting...these dogs can't just disappear.
Have you tried putting the posters up with spray glue instead of
staples or both?
Don't give up.....perhaps try sending out another copy to the vets in the
area stressing that your dog has been taken and for them to watch for him..someday he will need to go to a vet even just for routine shots.

Good Luck Carly
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:11 AM
-

That's the right frame of mind to be in Carly, hang in there.
Old August 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM

we took our fraud situation to the police offiicers today. We brought them a file with all the emails and phone number and everything. The female police officer was just kind of laughing and said it was fraud..but the male police offer was very skeptical about everything. I think I get too sensitive when they laugh because we are putting too much effort into finding the dog. l

Anyways, they gave us the number to the fraud department and a place where we can give all the information online. THey said if he has the dog, it's theft,..if he doesn't have the dog..it's fraud (so either way, I'm not stupid and it was the right thing to go to the police).
I feel better now though. It will probably just go to the bottom of a pile of papers for a while, but I feel better. At least if someone else has the same problem and takes it to the police, they will see a pattern and somethign can be done.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM
-

Carly, there is a post on Kijiji (Barrie) that someone has found a small white poodle type dog, probably is not Spencer, but maybe you want to check it out. The area code there is 705, that isn't shown on the ad....sigh.
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Thanks Chris.

There was no picture, but I e-mailed them with some details. It's probably not him but I've heard stranger stories of dogs being found further away than Barrie.
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:38 PM

I havn't written in a while so I thought I would today.
The people from Barrie e-mailed back a couple of times checking to see if I found Spencer. I had to email the Barrie SPCA because they had already given the dog over. It wasn't Spencer.

My friend and I put posters up allllll over our town
I've been driving by that susupicious house too (I noticed at night time, if I drive by it is dark and they leave the lights on inside..I'm hoping to get a glimpse and see if I can see anything ..I took my friend today but all the lights were off..so I stuck up a poster on a lamppost infront of his house). I feel like such a crazy person lol..but I don't stop the car so I can never get a good enough look. It's on a pretty busy street. We are going to walk by again next week and maybe go to the door one more time.
Old August 28th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Carly,yes,you have not written for a while but we have not forgotten Spencer or you,always hoping you'll get him back home
Did you ask the neighbors if they have seen a pup???
You could just knock on the door,poster in hand and ask,then casually bring up this guy.
I can't see why,if he has a Bichon he cannot show his dog to you

Last edited by chico2; August 28th, 2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old August 28th, 2007, 06:33 PM

I'm going to try to go back Thursday..I don't know if I can, but I'm going to try with my friend. She says she will go to the door. The next door neighbour is the grandson, I don't know why I'm so scared to go there. My mom's friend,however, sees the daughter of the man in the house and she said next time they are together she is going to ask her straight out if her dad has a dog, what kind etc.
Maybe on Thursday (if we get there), I'll ask the neighbour two doors down. It's this really weird area, it's hard to explain. THe houses are behind trees and stuff and not that close together and there are only about 4 of them. I can't slow down on the road because its a really busy street, so I park in a different area and walk. I'm scared somone is going to keep seeing me and get freaked out and get me in trouble or something. Like I said, I don't have any actual proof that he has a dog (or my dog), just a lead from someone else, and a really weird feeling when I was talking to him.
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Carlyg..maybe your friend could go to the door and pretend she is selling something or lost?? and maybe the dog will bark and come to the door?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Senior Contributor

missing Bichon

Carlyg if you can get in touch with AC and explain the situation they should have a record of any dog registered with that address. If no dog is registered with AC that just means that they haven't bothered to tag the dog. See if you can get AC to accompany you to the house and have him/her (with poster in hand) ask about the bichon that resides there. Having someone in uniform and in authority might make all the difference. Wishing you success in finding Spencer.
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:59 PM

Asking for directions is a good idea.

I don't know..I don't think they would b other to tag a dog after they stole it. My dog already has a tatoo in his ear, you mean tag a dog like that? Oh, and just to clarify, I don't know if any bichon resides there. That was just a lead I got from a different house..they said they saw a white dog there that was not there before, but I don't know for sure if he actually has one. He said he didn't, but he could be lying. However maybe he was just watching a friends dog?...but he was so creepy. I don't know, I'll try the directions thing maybe...or ask the neighbour.

Ps. stupid question. What is AC?
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
-

AC is Animal Control. I haven't replied for quite a while but have been following your story. Good luck.
Old August 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM

I did not get to put up posters or look for spencer today.

It was an eventful day, however. My dad found a dog in his work parkinglot and he was going to run onto the highway so he brought the dog home. We took it to the vet to get scanned for a microchip but he didn't have one. We also got his breed etc so we could start posting on websites etc. We drove back to Etobicoke where my dad found him to see if the owners were looking. Thankfully there was a man there frantically looking around and my dad asked if he lost a dog. He said no but his brother did (a little grey one)..it was the one we found. He had escaped and got ontot he traintracks and the man thought he got hit so he was looking up and down the traintracks all day. I'm so happy we found the owner. He said he just got him 2 months ago. The dog was a beaten dog, he was thrown from a truck.
Old August 31st, 2007, 06:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Carly,that's great,glad you found the owner,your dad probably saved this pup's life
Now,if someone only would do the same for Spencer
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of your lost dog. Have you tried some of the ideas in this web site. They are invaluable!!

http://www.pet-detective.com/
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:24 AM

Thank you for that website, I have been reading many "success" stories from it as well as the tips.
Old September 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
-

Carly, to you and your dad for saving the little gray dog. Hopefully, it will be a good omen for reuniting you with Spencer.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:26 AM

Carly...there is an ad on craigslist.org for a found dog. Again there are no details about it but you might want to email them just in case.
http://toronto.craigslist.org/pet/412469058.html
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:49 AM

thanks Sil.

WOW..if we thought the other ad with no age/colour/breed/size/sex was rude and a scam...this one is the rudest posting I have ever seen. "Be prepared to prove ownership and we MIGHT believe it's yours." "no breed, size clolour, etc, that's your job if it's your dog." Urg. what's the matter with everyone.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:36 PM

I agree with you...this post was as weird as the other one, if not more. It looks like they don't really want to give the dog up to it's rightful owner.
I emailed them but it wasn't Billie.:sad:
Old September 4th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

So is everybody who lost a dog suppose to respond to this ad because there are no details???
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM

I replied but it wasn't Spencer.
Their e-mail was nice though, despite the posting. Maybe they just really don't want to be scammed. So many scammers, so sad.
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
-

that Spencer will be found and returned to you soon ~ don't give up hope.
Old September 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM

I was just wondering if anybody knows where I can get a copy of Canadian Pets and Animals magazine. They don't have them in the pet stores, and I can't find them at my vet. I contacted the publisher at the very end of August, (kind of got that idea from the people on this website). She said she would put in his information and picture in the next issue. I was just kind of wondering if it got in.
Old September 20th, 2007, 08:44 PM

Carly...I did a google search on the name and found their website. It is under construction but it shows where their magazines are distributed. Here's their site http://www.petsandanimals.ca/index.php?p=distribution
If Spencer is there I might contact the publisher myself.
Old September 21st, 2007, 11:00 AM
-

Carly, I pick up my copy at the local spca. I think they come out bi-monthly. Their e-mail address is: petsandanimals@personainternet.com. Tel: 705-432-8811. They are situated in Cannington, which is around the Beaverton area.
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Ghette2

Carly,
Just wanted you to know that Spencer was the feature dog on the Canadian spca website. Just thought you would want to know that he is still a top focus on the site. Good luck I still hold out hope for you.
Ghette
Old September 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Thank you for letting me know Ghett That makes me so happy.

..My friend was showing her mom my facebook group for Spencer. Her mom told her that she started hearing a dog whining around her house every night and it started about the beginnging of April. THe area where she lives is in WOodbridge. It's the only area I havn't put posters up. It's probably not Spencer, but the barking jumped out at her. I guess it's worth driving around tomorrow and putting up some REWARD posters.
Old October 13th, 2007, 12:09 AM

hehe. I just started a new job and everyone already knows me lol. They all knew about Spencer and they come up to me and ask "are you the girl that has been lookig for her dog?". It's great, I already have a bunch of friends. A while ago I began helping someone I met over the internet look for her dog. I sent her lists of websites and things to do and we shared our experiences..much this website. It so happens that she is my new manager. Small world. When I find Spencer, my store will have a celebration
Old October 13th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Carlyg,I bet you did not know sooo many people care about you and Spencer,must be a good feeling in all the sadness,there are good people out there.
Hopefully one of them will know where Spencer is