Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM

Love my cats new vet!

She came to the house this morning to check out Spencer who's been having a spot of diarrhea, poor boy. She was there and hour and a half, chatting about the kitties and getting a good history. She discovered Spencer had a hair impaction and the diarrhea was his body trying to get rid of it. Luckily my cat is on the lean side so she could easily feel that he was backed up and gave him an enema in the bathroom. Sure enough about 10 minutes later a nice full litter tray!

Hopefully he should get better now. Although he'll have a pretty miserable day, he keeps frothing at the mouth from trying to clean himself and licking the enema stuff, plus my other kitty is growling and hissing at him. That's her general reaction when she spots a vet. The new vet classified her as a 2 star cat (approach with caution/likely to be dangerous); we could here her under the bed growling away like a devil.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM

LOL.. Poor kitty! Having to go through an enema.. Poor sweetie.. But, I bet he feels better now! ;-)

As for the vet, keep her and don't lose her for nothing! A good caring vet is hard to come by I find, so keep her close.. Cats are certainly not stupid, your other baby could probably smell the vet's office on her.. LOL.. Poor baby.. ;-)
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

A little dab of vanilla unde the chin on each litty will help make them smell the same. You can also put some baby powder on your hands and give them a few pets so they smell like it. Works like a charm!

I hope your boy is feeling better soon.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
A little dab of vanilla unde the chin...
Using the scent of vanilla extract to create a uniformity of scents in a multicat household works very well to eliminate 'scents of all-things-Vet'.....

BUT, I wouldn't put it under the chin.......it's very pungent and, so close to the nose is likely to drive the kitty quite cwazy!!!

Best place (and, most recommended in my experience) is in the nape of the neck - and, you only need to wet your finger and dab it there.