Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old May 15th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Pics of Pittie Co-op walking off into the sunset! Hope this doesnt happen!
Attached Images

Old May 15th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Hopefully this pic is bigger......
Attached Images

Old May 17th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Cool pic , when is the next big walk ? We will try to bring just the dog this time LOL.
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Senior Contributor

we havent talked about it yet Seeker, theres so much going on with everyone... Woofstock is coming up and I think theres another thing in June as well.... It may have to wait til early July but Im going to bring it up at this weeks walk.... (BIN) and DLCC both have booths so that takes out alot of the Co-op members for that weekend as well as some time to plan for it.
Do you have any requests, it would be nice if we have Mumumum back with us as well, and I would like to talk to the woman who comes from Guelf, I will see her this wkend...
Its mostly when its convenient for the "out of towners" like yourselves though.

I wonder how people feel about the long weekend...the first of July?

We should definately get a few special walks going for the summer, I wonder though if we can put in a few early evenings once summer hits. Like possibly some Monday nights???
I wonder if we will do the vigil again this year as well, I think the Pittie Co-op will do our own again... Aaaand, we have the court date coming up June 14th... so its a busy month!
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:25 AM

June is busy for us too as is most of the summer.July 1st long weekend sounds good and early evening sounds even better just incase it is hot like it should be that time of year.
Mondays evenings are tough for us just because of the distance and timing. I start work @ 6am this time of year so late nights are tough during the week.
But don't just plan around us ,take into consideration what works for most people .As the group grows I am sure you will find it more and more difficult to find a good time for all and we will just have to somehow work it into our schedule. Zelda loves the walks with the other dogs and people so it is a high point in her life when we get down there ,she gets to walk alone alot here but there is no social aspect to it and we believe that it is extemely important for her and the other dogs on the banned list to remain socialialized and it is good for us too.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Thre was a very successful Bully WAlk in Ottawa this weekend... yay Ottawa, sooo we thought it would be really, really, cool to get the "Toronto" group and the Ottawa group together in the middle somewhere, okay so we know were but were not saying hahahahhah
July 14th in the afternoon, anyone interested must be a RESPONSIBLE owner and have their dogs in compliance with whatever the law is that day... hmmm sarcasm cause we will have a court date before then.... Anyways, we are hoping for a huge turnout and will need lots of people willing to help others out with a ride... "pittie pooling" if you will.

Anyone wanting further details please pm me... If you have never attended a pit bull co-op walk before please check out the web site. www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com and read our mandate... also check out the pics!
We will also be doing another (3rd) candle light vigil around Aug 29th.... in rememberence of the wonderful bullies around the world who didnt survive BSL
Regular weekly walks will continue and "special afternoon " dates are still in the planning stages for the summer. (we didnt have a big enough group on the long weekend to make a plan)
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:17 PM

That day looks good for us and we could take a passenger and dog as long as the dog will get along with Zelda. We will be heading down the 404 to 401 if anyone along the way or at least close to it wants a lift.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Fantastik Seeker, could you put that on the Yahoo Group as well and I will post it on BIN. We also have an offer for a liscenced driver of a car for the day...to pack full of bullies and responsible owners that is.... so far more cars than people with Bullies so lets hear from everyone!
There must be some poeople that havent been able to join us before that live between here and Ottawa.
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrocky1 View Post
Hopefully this pic is bigger......
I've got some pictures of the Toronto Bullie Walk if you want them posted in the Co-op page Debbie.
Woofest is coming up soon isn';t it? I've been out of the picture breaking another anual body part so wayyyyyyy behind in mail. Hope you all have a grrrrrreat time with the dogs. Wish I could go too, but it's just wayyyy too far and I don't walk so go with the broken toe.
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker View Post
June is busy for us too as is most of the summer.July 1st long weekend sounds good and early evening sounds even better just incase it is hot like it should be that time of year.
Mondays evenings are tough for us just because of the distance and timing. I start work @ 6am this time of year so late nights are tough during the week.
But don't just plan around us ,take into consideration what works for most people .As the group grows I am sure you will find it more and more difficult to find a good time for all and we will just have to somehow work it into our schedule. Zelda loves the walks with the other dogs and people so it is a high point in her life when we get down there ,she gets to walk alone alot here but there is no social aspect to it and we believe that it is extemely important for her and the other dogs on the banned list to remain socialialized and it is good for us too.
So far the July 1st wkend is planned for Monday night BUT the may 24th wkend , despite my very best efforts of avoiding firework trauma turned disasterous.... Rocky freaked out the whole weekend and I as terrified at one point that I wouldnt be able to get him safely home... the coop will be discussing the plans for the long weekend on this wkends walk... in the mean time, can you guys do the weekend evenings now that they are at seven or are afternoons still better? some how I wasnt thinking about fireworks for the long wkend in July... ahhh Canada day, I forgot thats why we had a long weekend DUH!
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrocky1 View Post
Thre was a very successful Bully WAlk in Ottawa this weekend... yay Ottawa, sooo we thought it would be really, really, cool to get the "Toronto" group and the Ottawa group together in the middle somewhere, okay so we know were but were not saying hahahahhah
July 14th in the afternoon, anyone interested must be a RESPONSIBLE owner and have their dogs in compliance with whatever the law is that day... hmmm sarcasm cause we will have a court date before then.... Anyways, we are hoping for a huge turnout and will need lots of people willing to help others out with a ride... "pittie pooling" if you will.

Anyone wanting further details please pm me... If you have never attended a pit bull co-op walk before please check out the web site. www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com and read our mandate... also check out the pics!
We will also be doing another (3rd) candle light vigil around Aug 29th.... in rememberence of the wonderful bullies around the world who didnt survive BSL
Regular weekly walks will continue and "special afternoon " dates are still in the planning stages for the summer. (we didnt have a big enough group on the long weekend to make a plan)
Come on people... we must have some folks that live in betweeen Ottawa and Toronto, that have wanted to attend the Pittie Co-op but wre too far away... nows your chance!!!
this weekends walk is cancelled due to potential firework trauma.... next weekends Tornto walk is Sunday at seven, pm me for location and the BIG BIG Road Trio and Bullie walk is on Saturday 14th .... half way between Ottawa and Tornto LOL
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Sara Dog I think you should come!
Old June 30th, 2007, 02:03 AM
-

Bumping up post.
Old June 30th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Come on people... we must have some folks that live in betweeen Ottawa and Toronto, that have wanted to attend the Pittie Co-op but wre too far away... nows your chance!!!
Picture Yourself and dog HERE!
Attached Images

Old June 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, what about here?????????
Attached Images

Old June 30th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Or here, Imagine how much longer the pic would be if YOU and YOUR dog were in it!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old June 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM

Hi!

I really do live too far away... on the east coast of the US... but it sure looks like fun!

I wonder if posting in the General On-Topic section would help? Your post might be a little lost over here...

I hope that you get some newbies in your group!
Old June 30th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Chances mom, we wish you were closer too but you wouldnt want to live in Ontario thats for sure and thankyou Rainbow for bumping up the posts!
Old July 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChancesMom View Post
Hi!

I really do live too far away... on the east coast of the US... but it sure looks like fun!

I wonder if posting in the General On-Topic section would help? Your post might be a little lost over here...

I hope that you get some newbies in your group!

I also think you should post this in the "general info forum" where it would get lots more exposure. Good luck with the walk.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Statement from my MPP in Caveat (BSL)

http://caveat.blogware.com/blog/_arc...2/3136562.html
Come on everyone lets get the politicians making some commitments its TIME... October 10th will be here shortly!
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Pittie Co-op walk TODAY!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to come and see Rocky!!!!!!!
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey all, we took about a month off for the birth of babies and a few doggy ilnesses but weekly walks will resume this Sunday night.... pm me for details and locations!
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Come on guys... Pittie Co-op Walks continue! Once again, you don't need to have a bullie to walk with us.. all breeds and dogless peeps welcome... we always need some extra hands!
Pm me for details!
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Senior Contributor

The Sunday night after the long weekend.. I think its the 25th.... is our next walk so this is lots of notice.. who is u p or i t....Palease????????
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

The Sunday night after the long weekend.. I think its the 25th.... is our next walk so this is lots of notice.. who is u p or i t....Palease????????