Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM

Awesome activities with the dogs?

So I'm kinda in awe of Hazel today. Sledding with the dogs, the fishing rod... who else has some of these 'different' activities with dogs they are willing to share? I'm always up for learning some additional fun things to do!
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

LOL In my experience, dogs love to help out in the garden, too! Fun for them, not so fun for the humans!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
LOL In my experience, dogs love to help out in the garden, too! Fun for them, not so fun for the humans!
Oh I don't know. Mine are quite helpful in the garden when I leave the carrots in until they're covered with about 2' of snow. The dogs help me dig them up They only ask for a few carrots each in return.

Marcha, We sled and skijor with ours (well,my daughter skijors more than I do, I'm not much of a cross country skier ) I also do dryland runs to get the dogs into condition long before the snow arrives and racing begins. I have a 3 wheeled cart for training but lots of people also scooter or bikejor with their dogs. Some of my dogs work in goose control but our other sports/recreational activities include disc and agility, plus I take them swimming a lot. I was thinking about entering a dock diving competition with Flurry but I didn't get a chance this year.

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Live well, laugh often

Riley and I just returned from our urban tracking class. We have done two levels of wilderness tracking and just recently started the urban class. He LOVES it . The other aspect of those classes are the area searches which he also totally loves. Both are great ways to burn off lots of mental and physical energy and promote a good working bond .
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Teri, I keep meaning to ask, but I think I keep forgetting : will Riley eventually be eligible for certification as a search dog?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Performance Spaniels

We do agility, rally obedience and are working towards competitive obedience. I had hopes of doing some tracking this year but not enough time and energy for all I'd like.