Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! > Puppy health

Old April 4th, 2013, 11:19 PM

Unhappy My puppy ate my lens from my glasses

Im so scared and upset..My 8 month old pomeranian ate my one lens out of my glasses that were on the side table...I called the vet immediately and they told me to give him bread with butter so I did...So far he seems fine...but Im ready to have a total breakdown im so scared...Can anyone please give me some advice or encouragement ...anything...thanks..
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Do you think he chewed it first so that there might be sharp edges? Geez, if a Pom tried to swallow one of my lenses I don't think it would go down. I'm very short sighted so my lenses are big and thick.

My only suggestion is keep in close contact with your Vet and find out now what your options are if you have an emergency on the weekend when your Vet is closed.
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM

Puppies are nuts when it comes to the things they'll put in their mouths! When my dogs were pups they ate staples, many pairs of shoes, the wall , my cell phone... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

What you can do is watch. You're going to be looking for vomiting, diarrhea (or lack of poo entirely), blood in either, abdominal tenderness, not eating or drinking.

Try not to panic too much. These things happen to all of us
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."