Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:35 PM

Healthy dog tested lyme-positive - do we need to use nosode?

We removed 2 ticks from our 4 year old Bernese Mountain dog last October (vacation in Vermont). Last week we did a SNAP test, and it came back with lyme and anaplasmosis positive. Our dog never showed any symptoms, she looks (and hopefully feels) great. Generic blood test doesn't show any abnormalities.

I did some research, and it looks like some dogs (Berners in particular) test positive but don't have lyme. Our vet thinks there's no need for treatment, and I tend to agree with him. On the other hand, I don't like to think that our girl carries lyme.
I know that some homeopathic remedies are very effective for treating lymes, namely Lyme Nosode.

So my question is: do we need to treat this lyme if there's no symptoms? If yes, is Lyme Nosode the best choice? And if yes again, then what's the protocol? Unfortunately I wasn't able to find homeopathic vet in our area :-(

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. I know that Dr.Guindon sometimes answers questions here (at least did it in the past). I would be more than happy to hear his opinion.

Tags
homeopathic, lyme