Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Birds

Old February 6th, 2009, 11:03 AM

FOUND: Cockatiel near Cornwall Ontario

Someone's pet Cockatiel flew to my home on February 2nd around 11:45 in the afternoon. I let him into my house and he perched on my head!

The bird is very healthy, beautiful, brave!, and really nice to have around here. I must find the bird's owner though, they must be missing the bird so much.

The bird does not have a tag and it is fully capable of flying (his wings are not clipped). He is very very healthy and quite a strong amazing flyer.

I've let everyone know about this bird and have not found the bird's owner yet. This leads me to beleive that the owner may be elderly and does not go on the internet, nor listen to the local radio stations, nor look at local bulletin boards, nor phone any of the vets, spca, animal hospitals in my 100 mile radius!

If you know of anyone who may have lost their pet cockatiel, please contact me asap so I can reunite them. I love animals and the bird comes from somewhere that it was loved and well taken care of.
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Lost yellow Cockitiel

I am not sure of how close you are to this one?
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Senior Contributor

hi, I'm also in cornwall, there were a few missing in the cornwall area in the summer, not sure about now. I found a budgie a few years ago and then every so often I'd see another domesticated bird around my feeders, I called everywhere and this is the explaination I'd get.

"when birds are brought by the truck/van load to our petshops (6th st, zellers mall and cornwall square) they often escape from the cardboard traveling boxes and when the truck doors are opened they fly out...."

could this be the case with the one you found?
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
hi, I'm also in cornwall, there were a few missing in the cornwall area in the summer, not sure about now. I found a budgie a few years ago and then every so often I'd see another domesticated bird around my feeders, I called everywhere and this is the explaination I'd get.

"when birds are brought by the truck/van load to our petshops (6th st, zellers mall and cornwall square) they often escape from the cardboard traveling boxes and when the truck doors are opened they fly out...."

could this be the case with the one you found?

Oh no....please don't give him back to the pet store

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Senior Contributor

I havent found it I just seen it posted.. & thought that might be the you one you found.

editted * Duh I am not thinkin staright

Last edited by Diamondsmum; February 6th, 2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Diamond mom, the pet stores won't take them back, if they order say 12 budgies then the "supplier" will put a couple extra in the "box" in case some die or get loose during transportation
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Senior Contributor

melinda. I think you mean Happycats
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Diamond mom, the pet stores won't take them back, if they order say 12 budgies then the "supplier" will put a couple extra in the "box" in case some die or get loose during transportation
Oh thank dog

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~

Tags
bird, cockatiel, cornwall, found, lost