Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:27 PM

Donations for rescues :)

Hi everyone! You may remember I had come back to the board after my Shannon had passed away, when the fiasco at the Newmarket OSPCA happened. I felt I had to do something to help the voiceless and homeless animals. So, I decided to challenge our FB group members for donations for Rescues. They came through with flying colors. I have a room full of Dog and Cat items to donate to needy Rescues. If you know of any Rescues that can use these items, please ask them to come and post, and our members will vote, and we'll divide the items up to the needy. There's everything from Food both dog and cat, dog/cat bed, bowls, leashes, collars etc. etc. I'll post the link here, as well as the inventory so far. You can also see pictures under my profile on the FB group, the album titled Donations.

http://www.facebook.com/board.php?ui...3663&topic=744

Inventory List:
4 Beautiful Gift Baskets ( containing grooming supplies, magazine etc)
1 Wooden Box Food Holder
2 Cat Carriers
1 Cat Spa
6 Small Stainless Steel Food Bowls
2 Large Stainless Steel Food Bowls
3 Cat or Small Dog Beds
2 Large Plastic Dog Food Bowls
3 Bags Cat Litter
1 Pkg Doggy Scoup Bags
6 Ol'Roy Gourmet Dog Food
6 Ol'Roy Special Kitty Food
4 Large Cans Friskies Cat Food
2 Cans Sophistista Cat Food
6 Small Cans Fancy Feast
1 Cat Brush
1 Dog Brush
1 Bag Cat Chow
1 Ceramic Cat/Dog Cookie Jar
3 Stuffed Toys
Various Cat Toys (balls etc)
2 Dog Leashes
1 Coupon for 7 Kg Pail Scoup Box Filler
1 Coupon 1.8 Kg Bag Purina Kitten Chow
1 Ream Paper for office supply
1 Heating Pad
1 Small Dog Sweater New
1 Small Dog Coat New
1 Med. Halti
Various blankets, towels
collars
leashes
Cat treats
Bedding
Fleece Throw
Cat Bed
Dog Soap on A Rope
Balls and Toys

Pictures of Donations:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...0&id=537413882

Post approved by admins
Attached Images

Last edited by marko; September 28th, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
-

Nice job shannon1233A
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

What a great idea!! Does the rescue have to be registered?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:14 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by Registered 14+Kitties, but I'd like to be sure it's a reputable Rescue. There's lots of great stuff
Old September 24th, 2010, 09:18 AM

Smile

14+kitties, I should elaborate on my response. You don't have to be registered as a charity, I'm just trying to make sure the people who recieve these wonderful donations are not hoarders, and do indeed Rescue eg. spay and neuter, responsibly adopt out, not just to anyone etc.
Please, if you qualify, come and post on the Discussion Board on our FB group ( it would be nice if you signed our petition for Provincial oversight of the OSPCA) BUT not necessary to win, and won't even be asked. I just want to make sure that those who give so much of themselves for the homeless and voiceless, receive a little help. The link for the Discussion board thread is included in my original post. I'm at my limit of 2 dogs in my community, and did this to help in what little way I can, even if it's making you Rescue Earth Angels lives a little easier for a short time

Some of the things would be heavy to send Postal, cans of dog food, cat spa, lots of bedding etc. so transportation if sending the Rescue alot of items may need to be arranged, but very possible! Please come and post if you qualify, I just want to help
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
-

Aslan and I both posted on the discussion page on FB about 14+kitties....I also provided a link showing pictures of her "Catuary".....maybe you could have a look Shannon.
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Aslan and I both posted on the discussion page on FB about 14+kitties....I also provided a link showing pictures of her "Catuary".....maybe you could have a look Shannon.
big tattletale...lol,,yup 14+ we got your back.
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't do Facebook, but also wanted to say that yes 14+ is an unsung (except here on our site) hero for kitties. Her days and nights are filled with caring for many (make that countless) numbers of cats and kittens that she is caring for and working tirelessly to adopt out. She funds all of this herself! She is my hero and I couldn't think of anybody who would be more deserving of a donation! That said, Shannon, bless you for helping whomever it is, all of the rescues deserve whatever help they can get. But 14+, while not a registered "rescue" will always be our earth angel for kitties here at pets.ca.
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM

THANK YOU guys for bringing 14+ to my attention She is now also my hero! The pictures Chris provided are truly inspiring as is the wonderful soul behind this Rescue! TY TY TY 14+ for being what Rescue is all about, you're an angel on Earth!
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:53 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1233A View Post
THANK YOU guys for bringing 14+ to my attention She is now also my hero! The pictures Chris provided are truly inspiring as is the wonderful soul behind this Rescue! TY TY TY 14+ for being what Rescue is all about, you're an angel on Earth!
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

14+ most definitely deserves any and all help she gets. I have only been here a short time, but her dedication and love for the furries she takes in is beyond any I have personally seen, and she works as well

I have only 2 dogs, and not enough time. I don't know how these 's do what they do

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old September 24th, 2010, 02:02 PM
-

Quote:
I'm a little late getting here but just wanted to say that I'm glad everyone pointed out 14+ to you ........she truly is an for all the kitties she rescues.

And, thank you for organizing all this and also to all those that donated.
Old September 24th, 2010, 05:15 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You guys are too much! Thank you so much for going to bat for me! That's why I love you all so much!
Shannon - What you are doing is a wonderful thing. There are so many deserving rescues out there in desperate need of all of those items. Thank you for doing what you are doing.
I am not great on FB. Tried to find a place to join your discussion and couldn't. I'm sure someone will point it out to me now. However, if you could see your way clear my babies could really use a few of those blankets to help keep them snuggly in the winter. And the cat spa - they would LOVE!!! Thanks so much for any consideration my way. My catty cats and I appreciate it.
Again my friends - thank you!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:47 PM

Talking

14+kitties, I've posted your email to me on the FB group, I've also emailed you back! You are well deserving of all the acclamation from your friends here, and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all you do! You are a true inspiration, an Angel on Earth for all you do, the kittys are lucky to have you. The challenge to members of our group ends Oct 1. I will promise you this, you will be hearing from me as I'd love to donate to your catuary personally, regardless of the outcome challenge contest. You have an email
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:03 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
14+kitties, I've posted your email to me on the FB group, I've also emailed you back! You are well deserving of all the acclamation from your friends here, and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all you do! You are a true inspiration, an Angel on Earth for all you do, the kittys are lucky to have you. The challenge to members of our group ends Oct 1. I will promise you this, you will be hearing from me as I'd love to donate to your catuary personally, regardless of the outcome challenge contest. You have an email
All I can say is thank you!!

And to my friends - old and new - as well. You are all amazing people I am so proud to know.

Old September 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
-

14k.....here is the link to the FB group....then go to discussions

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...21586771193663
Old September 25th, 2010, 12:03 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
14k.....here is the link to the FB group....then go to discussions

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...21586771193663
Thanks m/g/f! I will sign up for it when I come back and have a few minutes to relax.

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM

Smile

Hi there everyone! 14+kitties

First, Thank You for all you do for the animals in you Rescue! I'd be honored if you'd accept some of the donations I've collected. I hope these gifts make your most difficult job a little easier, and brings your wonderful furkids a little comfort and joy while they await their forever home. Please give them all a {{{HUG}}} from us. I wish it could be more, I wish I could find each and every one of them a forever home, but these gifts will have to do for now Thank you again for all your hard work, and having a heart of gold, as a person working in Rescue, you are an Earth Angel!

I'll look forward to getting the items to you asap,so can someone please pm me on FB or here so we can arrange transport!

The young pup and the older dog lay on shaded sweet grass watching the reunions. Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole family would approach the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets and cross the bridge together.

The young pup playfully nipped at the older one. "Look! Something wonderful is happening!" The older dog stood up and barked, "Quickly. Get over to the path." "But that's not my owner," whined the pup, but he did as he was told.

Thousands of pets surged forward as a figure in white walked on the path toward the bridge. As the glowing figure passed each animal, that animal bowed its head in love and respect. The figure finally approached the bridge, and was met by a menagerie of joyous animals. Together, they all walked over the bridge and disappeared.

The young pup was still in awe. "Was that an angel?" he whispered. "No, son." The older dog replied. "That was more than an angel. That was a person who worked rescue."
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM
150% PRO S/N

Awww Man!! Now you got the tears flowing again!! It's been a bit of a difficult morning with posting pictures of my lost babies. All I can say is Thank you!!! I know it is not enough but Thank you! Please pass on my thanks to all of the wonderful people who donated. What a marvelous group of people you all are.

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so happy that 14+ is going to be recognized for all she does for cats and kittens. She truly is a hero. Well deserved
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastifflover View Post
I am so happy that 14+ is going to be recognized for all she does for cats and kittens. She truly is a hero. Well deserved
Very well said mastifflover !

A big thanks to shannon1233A

14+
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thank you ladies. I am ecstatic!!
I would also like to thank everyone who helped out. Chris, Aslan, Shirley, DD, rainbow, Rguerts, Frenchy (I hope I didn't miss anyone) - thank you for all the wonderful words.

Last edited by 14+kitties; October 1st, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

shannon1233A, thanks to you and your group for recognizing the caring efforts of 14+, she truly deserves it! And thanks to all of you for organizing these wonderful donations! You are all 's

Yay 14+!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old October 1st, 2010, 03:10 PM

shannon1233A.. Thank you for the donations and for recognizing 14+ efforts.

14+ CONGRATS!!! you deserve it...

Last edited by SIL; October 1st, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old October 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Shannon your poem had me crying too. How lovely. Each of your and your friends who collected these donations are truly Earth Angels also. Thanks for recognizing 14+ and her efforts. She truly has a heart of gold and the donations that go her way will be "well appreciated and used". Thanks to those who are going to help arrange getting the items to 14+ also. Everyone involved has been wonderful.
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
150% PRO S/N

to everyone. Now who is trying to make me cry?

Old October 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Shannon1233A,,,please pm " Onster" she is waiting to hear from you to arrange to meet up with you to pick up the stuff,,she's then getting it to Winston who will take care of the rest. Thanks again for helping out our own personal
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh this is so wonderful, it just makes me cry . You guys are amazing.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM

Arrangements are made, yea! Onster will be getting the donations on Sunday or Tuesday evening, whichever is more convenient for her!
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Arrangements are made, yea! Onster will be getting the donations on Sunday or Tuesday evening, whichever is more convenient for her!
Thank you shannon for letting me know. I was about to email you and see if we could arrange a time I could come and pick the blankets up. Elora is only a couple of hours away. It may have been tight this week though. Hubby is nutty busy.
Thank you again for all of your hard work!!