Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old March 1st, 2005, 09:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I have to wonder, why does it matter who's dog it was?
It does matter, because all our advice may come to nothing if the dog isn't hers and she has no control over the care.

As for the flames, other than the people here making cracks and jokes about flamethrowers and sofas, all I see is advice to spay the dog asap, and why -that she could die trying to whelp very large puppies.
Old March 1st, 2005, 10:19 PM

Well I have to wonder, if you're not willing to be honest about who's dog it is in the first place will they actually take the advice given? I mean yeah sure, people make mistakes about breeding dogs, there are well respected people who have posted many times on this site who "confessed" to either breeding or agreeing to breed in the future, if they can own up to what they did or were going to do, then obviously they will take the advice given. But when someone can't even be honest, who has time to give this person sympathy? I mean come on now, you guys are all doing wonderful things for animals but you can't help people who aren't even honest with you from the jump, now can you? You can't help people who really don't want to help themselves. This dog was bred long before the "big dog" came along, and will continue to be bred no matter what is said to this person, I understand it is always worth a shot to inform people, but I just don't see this one listening. But then again I could be wrong...
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Senior Contributor

I am sorry,but this poor little dog,already bred several times with other SMALL dogs,now possibly with large dogs,is in an abusive situation not much better than a BB.
Although there is no humour in it for the poor dog,sometimes we have to throw in a little humour,when these impossible questions come up...no harm meant and there is nothing we can do,other than hope the owners take this little dog to the vet.Only the vet can tell if she's in danger or not.
If a poster get angry,maybe angry enough to see the error of her way,then we have accomplished what needed to be done.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
It does matter, because all our advice may come to nothing if the dog isn't hers and she has no control over the care.

As for the flames, other than the people here making cracks and jokes about flamethrowers and sofas, all I see is advice to spay the dog asap, and why -that she could die trying to whelp very large puppies.

*I have a couch*