Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM

Exclamation EEEEK!!! I have a mouse (or mice???)!!!!!

Okay so here's a strange one for all of ya. I live in a house that was built waaaay back in 1915, it is totally renovated inside, however every year we have problems with mice.....Now bear in mind that I have 2 adorable felines, which "should" solve the problem.....well unfortunately my babies are not allowed in all part's of the house (like the attic, in the closet's etc) my poor Trouble cat has been chasing this mouse for the past 2 days straight and there are soooo many places to hide in my house, under dresser's, behind boxes, etc...she doesn't seem to be able to get to this little one (or more than one, who knows ) She did bring me one from the basement all proud like last week, either this mouse (mice) is smarter or luckier..(I'm voting for luckier), of course I did say I have 2 cat's, well, the one is sooooo slow, he's a darling but was obviously dropped on his head when he was a kitten, he's getting ready to pounce on the mouse and Trouble is already chasing the thing down the stairs. I guess that I'll just have to put out traps that my little darlings can't get to.....'sigh', There's really no point to this story other than to see if anyone else has the same problems. Does anyone else have cat's that as one is chasing a mouse the other one couldn't be bothered and just takes a nap??? just curious

puss
For my babies, Trouble (little black panther cat-stray) Ty-D-Bowl (my huge grey & white fluffy part cat part raccoon - sure eat's like one anyway-stray) and the newest addition to our furry family, Bear 10 week old black Labradoodle puppy....and of course,

R.I.P. my baby Rottie dog, Sierra (Stinker) 97-07.
Old April 14th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

LOL, at the time I had 6 cats and a mouse eventually Mr.floyd did his horrific job. No more mouse.
Mia, Larry, Fuzz and the others couldnt have been bothered by it.
Cats can be strange.
Old April 14th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
Cats can be strange.
http://www.news24.com/News24/Enterta...098310,00.html

Muskokapuss - make sure there's no one peering over your shoulder as you read this..........god forbid this trend spreads!
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:50 AM

My house was built in 1886 and has a tendency for being mouse habitat. I actually still had my cat when I first moved in, and the house was absolutely infested, and the only mouse he ever caught was one that had obviously already been dead for a while...which of course he presented to us all proud.

The dogs used to just lie there as the mice ran around them. The mice would be about 5 inches from their noses and they wouldn't even blink an eye at them! Just recently Sable has decided to herd the mice in the kitchen.

No matter how many mice you (or your cats) manage to, uh, dispatch, if the place they are getting in isn't found and plugged with copper mesh or steel wool (copper is better as it doesn't rust) they will keep coming into your house. Peppermint oil will repel some mice, if you don't mind your house smelling minty fresh!
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:18 AM
~Cat Servent~

Picture this:

1 250 lb. husband
1 flashlight
1 piece of cheese
1 pair of kitchen tongs
2 very curious kitties
and one scared little mouse trapped in our vents

damned if he didn't catch the little guy with those tongs!!

Poor little thing, we caught him, and put him in a big empty jug for transportation to the end of the back yard.

Windy and Smoke at the time got their little noses right up to the jug and even looked anxious to play with it (they loved the mouse toys), that was until he moved!! They must have both jumped back a foot. Up til then they weren't aware they could move on their own. Silly girls.

And man did my hubby have fun tellin my dad that you can catch a mouse with a pair of kitchen tongs and a flashlight.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old April 15th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Performance Spaniels

We had a bad mouse issue. Couldn't figure out how they were getting into the basement and raiding the pantry. So so many caught mice, but it wasn't stopping. Finally found the hole in the fall. Was so small I almost never saw it.

No mice for a month and it started again. Small crack between two bricks where the mortar had chipped away. Dozens more mice caught, and I think finally we have it solved, I hope.