Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:43 AM
CanadianChic CanadianChic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
Who died and made you a god? LOL! My gut is aching after laughing so hard! *wipes tears* Whew!!! Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

Now, let's be serious. If you were really intelligent, you would have held your tongue. Smart people know when to be silent.

How about injecting some humanity and humbleness into that hard heart of yours. Pffft... intelligence. Of what? The mind? *laughs* Got news for ya - the heart is the source of intelligence. Logic is flawed. The brain is only the hard drive/storage space.

Seems to me you're personally involved in this situation and are performing reconnaissance. Or you're planted here to purposefully cause trouble. You're using PsyOps, hoping to cause arguments and get people angry with each other, which will in turn get things off-topic. Nice try. I see through your facade.

Psychological Operations (PSYOP, PSYOPS), are techniques used to influence a target audience's emotions, motives, objective reasoning, and behavior. Target audiences can be governments, organizations, groups, and individuals, and are used in order to induce confessions, or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator's objectives.
Thanks for the armchair psychology it made me laugh. Guess we are both getting our giggles tonight. I speak the truth..I am an intelligent person and there are many topics one may wish to avoid with me. One would be my motives (or perhaps mere interest) and involvement in this thread. Another would be psychology.

God? Come on now...I'm pretty sure I made a point of spotlighting that I am not an arrogant person. Goddess? Hey, I have been called that before so if it works for you, I'm down with that.
  #482  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:43 AM
growler~GateKeeper's Avatar
growler~GateKeeper growler~GateKeeper is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianChic View Post
Kelly I don't want to hear any more excuses.
Do you have a personal stake in this situtation? Why does it matter so much to you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianChic View Post
Cyber..did you want to add a little somethin'?
Why are you bringing Cyberkitten in to this again?
__________________
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
  #483  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Kelly27's Avatar
Kelly27 Kelly27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Carberry Manitoba
Posts: 113
Oh here let me give you a hand with that and i'll be very specific. If you go to my post #78 it'll give you in detail the layout of my yard and no it hasen't changed. I guess reading and comprehension were only discussed in class after the lesser students were dismissed. Or maybe it's just a retension issue. So much for reading all the posts. Nothing has changed in my story, nothing needs to. Nor do I have any falcities to cover. My conscience is clear but my heart is heavy.

Ceara you kill me....holy wow I had to pee.....LOL
  #484  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:49 AM
CanadianChic CanadianChic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Do you have a personal stake in this situtation? Why does it matter so much to you?




Why are you bringing Cyberkitten in to this again?
Do I? I don't know Growler. Do you? You can call me the Robin Hood of all dogs let out to pee in -50 cold and forgotten about. Maybe I do have a vested interest. Maybe not. Kelly is bringing attention to her plight and I am responding as have hundreds of others. The main difference between myself and those others is that I am of the minority opinion apparently. I disagree and am unafraid to speak my mind - is that an acceptable answer or shall I go on?

The only reason Cyber was mentioned again was because she may want to weigh in on the discussion of legality since she has 'connections'.
  #485  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Kelly27's Avatar
Kelly27 Kelly27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Carberry Manitoba
Posts: 113
psychology?.....you're a patient?
  #486  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Kelly27's Avatar
Kelly27 Kelly27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Carberry Manitoba
Posts: 113
anyways nighters growler don't keep the patient up too late....meds and all....
  #487  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:54 AM
rainbow's Avatar
rainbow rainbow is offline
-
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful BC's Kootenay Country
Posts: 34,757
CanadianChic, cut the sarcasm if you want to post.
  #488  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:56 AM
CanadianChic CanadianChic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly27 View Post
Oh here let me give you a hand with that and i'll be very specific. If you go to my post #78 it'll give you in detail the layout of my yard and no it hasen't changed. I guess reading and comprehension were only discussed in class after the lesser students were dismissed. Or maybe it's just a retension issue. So much for reading all the posts. Nothing has changed in my story, nothing needs to. Nor do I have any falcities to cover. My conscience is clear but my heart is heavy.

Ceara you kill me....holy wow I had to pee.....LOL
Oh Kelly, let's be honest and keep it simple here. The dog was let out into an unsecured area and got out. It doesn't get any easier than that. The 72 hour waiting period came and went at the pound over, and over, and over, and over. No matter how often you try to deflect from the issue, no matter how many excuses you make, no matter what clever little gems you drop in reference to me, Brew has been adopted. That is a fact, just as it is a fact that no laws have been broken, no civil violations have occured and you have no legal grounds to go after either the pound or the new owner(s).

I have refrained from insulting you yet you are dropping the jokes left and right. Does that make me the idiot? Nah, it only is yet another attempt to deflect.

Is sarcasm listed in the guidelines? Interesting.
  #489  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:57 AM
growler~GateKeeper's Avatar
growler~GateKeeper growler~GateKeeper is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly27 View Post
anyways nighters growler don't keep the patient up too late....meds and all....
Thanks Kelly
__________________
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
  #490  
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Jim Hall Jim Hall is offline
Kitty pimp
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: paterson new jersey
Posts: 4,788
lol well hanks canadianchic for some interesting reading you are certainly direct if not very diplomatic
  #491  
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Ford Girl's Avatar
Ford Girl Ford Girl is offline
I gotz 2 babies now!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianChic View Post
The story is over. There is no way you are getting Brew back. You did this to yourself. I'm sorry but it's true.

I'm afraid this isn't the most important thing going on in my world tonight Kelly. In fact, it's not even in the top thirty, and although you feel it inappropriate to 'jump in' I ask...doesn't everyone jump in at some point to say something? Where did you jump in Kelly? Oh, yes Brew...was your profile all up to snuff at the time of your first post or can we assume it to be 'garbage'. Love it or hate it, it's raw, it's real it's my opinion (and unlike some people) is honest.
Ok, we get it, so please, for everyone who likes to come here and discuss thing, be quiet already. We get your point, you are the robin hood of dog, the voice of all canines alike...and far superior to all of us here. Thats very obvious. We get it. Kelly made an mistake and is paying for it, what part of that don't you understand?

Good points - maybe read your own words instead of going on and on..we get it, should I repeat myself like you, WE GET IT - YOU ARE ANGRY. You are an angry person that focuses on the negative. Thanks for that. Thats why I come here. Honestly, you got your point across real good.bullying works well doesn't it? You are right - it's raw, it's real and it lacks any form of human emotion...I feel bad for you. Sad really. Lacking the human emotions that one needs to be happy in life. :sad: Do you need a hug?



Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianChic View Post
The main difference between myself and those others is that I am of the minority opinion apparently. I disagree and am unafraid to speak my mind - is that an acceptable answer or shall I go on?
There is a huge difference between disagreeing and being void of empathy for another human being who is obviously hurting. I think the main difference is that you are angry about this for all the wrong reasons. Saying stuff like you being far superior to the rest of us just goes to show you lack the social skills for even an internet relationship...how can we possibly expect you to understand empathy.
__________________
Momma to a pooch - Dazy the Dutchess of Duke Boyd of the canine kind

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!


If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
  #492  
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:27 AM
CanadianChic CanadianChic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Girl View Post
Ok, we get it, so please, for everyone who likes to come here and discuss thing, be quiet already. We get your point, you are the robin hood of dog, the voice of all canines alike...and far superior to all of us here. Thats very obvious. We get it. Kelly made an mistake and is paying for it, what part of that don't you understand?

Good points - maybe read your own words instead of going on and on..we get it, should I repeat myself like you, WE GET IT - YOU ARE ANGRY. You are an angry person that focuses on the negative. Thanks for that. Thats why I come here. Honestly, you got your point across real good.bullying works well doesn't it? You are right - it's raw, it's real and it lacks any form of human emotion...I feel bad for you. Sad really. Lacking the human emotions that one needs to be happy in life. :sad: Do you need a hug?





There is a huge difference between disagreeing and being void of empathy for another human being who is obviously hurting. I think the main difference is that you are angry about this for all the wrong reasons. Saying stuff like you being far superior to the rest of us just goes to show you lack the social skills for even an internet relationship...how can we possibly expect you to understand empathy.
I'm afraid you have misunderstood my posts. I am not angry...only honest and I refuse to join the sympathy brigade. I do not HAVE to show empathy. I do not feel sorry for her (she did it to herself - she was lucky to get him back the first time). My sympathy and compassion is reserved for the animals and there is nothing that states I must agree with others or show false empathy.

She did indeed make a mistake - in fact I'd call it a doosey, but I have yet to see her accept responsibity or eat the blame once. Instead she has chosen to post slanderous comments regarding an organization on this forum which is a blatant disregard and violation of the guidelines.

As for social skills and the rest of that blither, the exact opposite is true. I have spoken my mind - simply because I am not a member of the get-along gang is not indicative of anything other than a strong spine and limber fingers.
I thank you for your opinion of me and hope our friendship has a chance to blossom amidst all your polite nouns.

Well, thanks Jim. It may not be pretty but it's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Last edited by CanadianChic; April 10th, 2008 at 01:32 AM.
  #493  
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:32 AM
shirley1011 shirley1011 is offline
banned user
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North of Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 3,955
After reviewing the Brandon Pound Web Site....I have just one question that no one can seem to answer....why wasn't Brew's picture ever posted...If it had been like all the others there they could have shown that to Kelly and let her identify Brew and at least give her some peace of mind that is was or wasn't him.
If you look at the pictures this site goes into great details with so many pictures of their dogs that are at the pound and those that are up for adoption.
Why wasn't there one of Brew! What are they hiding! Something smells rotten in Brandon.
  #494  
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:32 AM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianChic View Post
Do I? I don't know Growler. Do you? You can call me the Robin Hood of all dogs let out to pee in -50 cold and forgotten about. Maybe I do have a vested interest. Maybe not. Kelly is bringing attention to her plight and I am responding as have hundreds of others. The main difference between myself and those others is that I am of the minority opinion apparently. I disagree and am unafraid to speak my mind - is that an acceptable answer or shall I go on?

The only reason Cyber was mentioned again was because she may want to weigh in on the discussion of legality since she has 'connections'.
The difference between you and most of us isn't your supposed iq, hasn't been tested so don't know what it is, also isn't your lack of compassion. What it IS, is that you are one of the few who came to this site, and immediately came looking for this post even before introducing yourself. As does Growler, i question your reason behind this. You are also the only one who is being so secretive about your interests in this post. You may not like some of our support of input to kelly ( as most of us don't like yours). Be honest, what is your stake in all of this. And put in Brandon instead of manitoba as i have no doubt thats where your from.

I wondered the same as Shirley does, why couldn't the pound show her pictures of Brew.
  #495  
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:11 AM
shirley1011 shirley1011 is offline
banned user
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North of Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 3,955
Aslan...right on...this Canadian Sick..oh sorry Canadian Chich has an interest other than Kelly bashing.....

The pound site has dogs that are actually posted as Adopted, Adopton Pending...why oh why was Brew not on there....maybe Canadian Chick knows the answer...she knows a lot more than she is letting on....if in fact is is a she who knows
  #496  
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:13 AM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
Morning Shirley, I checked the Brandon site and wondered the same thing at the time. If they had put him up for adoption shouldn't they have had a picture. Pfffft, dont let Canadianchic bring you down to the insult level. I'm sure there is an alterior motive goin on.
  #497  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Love4himies's Avatar
Love4himies Love4himies is offline
Rescue is my fav. breed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boating in the 1000 Islands
Posts: 17,769
I don't think canadianchic is Kelly bashing, she is taking away all the fluff that kelly has posted and looking at the facts. I too, have seen inconsistencies in Kelly's postings.

Just because somebody has a difference of opinion that does not make them angry people. We all have the right to express our opinions in a civil manner, which I think canadianchic has done very articulately. It is called freedom of speech. What types of countries does not allow freedom of speech? Is that what we want for our country?

Remember, Kelly has brought this to a public forum and she should expect to take the good with the bad. If she didn't then she should have not posted.
__________________
Cat maid to:

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
  #498  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Love4himies's Avatar
Love4himies Love4himies is offline
Rescue is my fav. breed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boating in the 1000 Islands
Posts: 17,769
Chico, I have great respect for you and think you are one heck of a caring, big hearted person, and respect we have a difference of opinions here..
__________________
Cat maid to:

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
  #499  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Love4himies's Avatar
Love4himies Love4himies is offline
Rescue is my fav. breed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boating in the 1000 Islands
Posts: 17,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Morning Shirley, I checked the Brandon site and wondered the same thing at the time. If they had put him up for adoption shouldn't they have had a picture. Pfffft, dont let Canadianchic bring you down to the insult level. I'm sure there is an alterior motive goin on.
Brew was adopted what a month ago, his picture would long be off the site.

You are assuming there is an alterior motive here, there are no facts to base this on.
__________________
Cat maid to:

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
  #500  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:18 AM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
No i'm wondering why when kelly showed up 2 days after he was adopted, they couldn't show her a picture of the dog, not a month later.
  #501  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
luckypenny's Avatar
luckypenny luckypenny is offline
Doggie Wench
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Philippe-de-Laprairie, Qc
Posts: 11,812
What's with everyone constantly repeating themselves in this thread ? Or new members just repeating what other's have written?

It's obvious that the comments here are just going around in circles. Sorry Kelly that you got more bashing than the advice you were originally seeking. Perhaps you can open a new thread where you can post some news or developments without having to defend yourself to ppl who haven't already read all your replies? Maybe have this thread closed and just refer ppl here if they want the details without having to repeat your story?
__________________
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." -Will Durant
  #502  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:27 AM
chico2's Avatar
chico2 chico2 is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oakville Ontario
Posts: 26,591
Shirley,Aslan I agree,I always thought something was fishy in this whole sad situation.
I am nothing if not open and honest to people and honesty and truth about Brew is sorely lacking,from the pound owner as well as anyone in the know.
How could any dog-owner let it go and forget about their dog,when the facts are foggy to say the least

CanadianChic,I am certain you have all the info Kelly is asking for and I honestly do not see what the big deal is about,why the secrecy??
Why torment a family who loves and misses their dog,yes he went missing,it happens:sad:
He was found and rescued which is wonderful,he was adopted out..
Kelly had posters out,contacted local media etc..did all she could considering her circumstances,why did not anyone from Brandon or Carberry come forward saying where Brew was??
Why no picture on the adoption-site?? TOO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED!!
In some instances secrecy is warranted,as we on this Forum know,instances that involve animal-abuse,puppy-mills,dog-fighting etc..where owners are criminals,Kelly is no criminal.
Even the new owners must know,the stacks are against Kelly,against her getting her pup back,so what are they afraid of
Was I the new owner,although it would hurt me very much to do so,I would return Brew,if I was convinced it would be in Brews best interest.

I might not write as"intelligently"as some,I'm running solely on human emotions and my love of animals.
I can easily put myself in Kellys place,feel the frustration
__________________
"The cruelest animal is the Human animal"
3 kitties,Rocky(r.i.p my boy),Chico,Vinnie
  #503  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Love4himies's Avatar
Love4himies Love4himies is offline
Rescue is my fav. breed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boating in the 1000 Islands
Posts: 17,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly27 View Post
He spent 16 days at the pound while I feverishly looked for him here yes. Conditions here in Carberry kept me here in Carberry searching. ...
I was doing everything I thought I could do at that time then I did and if the only debate you have in return is telling me I didn't do enough then you'll have to also agree with my believing everything anyone here was telling me was untrue. ... What's slanderous is people trying to insinuate that i'm a horrible pet owner without fact to support that.
The reason I posted what I said about turning your head and a pet wandering is because that is a form of non malicious accidental loss. And if you think i'm going to blame my son for letting Brew out to pee. wrong. No one in this family would ever hurt a pet or anyone elses for that matter. ...


With the exception of calling the police I've done everything else mentioned in these posts. Called radio, newspapers, done and distributed posters, knocked on doors and made phone calls. Reguardless of all the obstacles I came across, working a tour and surgery, I did find him, just too late.
As you "feverishly" looked for him. Thought you posted you were too busy at work to look for him? Pound I think is available 7 days a week, 8am to 6pm

I don't think anybody said you are a horrible pet owner, just irresponsible for allowing your dog to roam.

As for blaming your son, nobody has done that, they feel the parent who should be responsible. Your son was only doing what was the acceptable procedures in your home.

Ummm, you didn't do everything in your power to find Brew, you didn't do the one basic thing: Contact all the local pounds and shelters. Like I said before:5 minutes on the internet to get the listings, then make some calls.
As this was the second time Brew went missing, I would have thought in the week that he went missing the first time, you would have found out the applicable info just in case this happened again.

As a matter of fact you mentioned in post #403 that you were not terrified of losing Brew, because there was no animal control and thought somebody must be safekeeping him. Sounds to me, you didn't panic until you found out he was adopted. Panic would have set in for me the moment I lost my pet.
__________________
Cat maid to:

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
  #504  
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Love4himies's Avatar
Love4himies Love4himies is offline
Rescue is my fav. breed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boating in the 1000 Islands
Posts: 17,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
CanadianChic,I am certain you have all the info Kelly is asking for and I honestly do not see what the big deal is about,why the secrecy??

Chico, you don't know that for sure, and once again if she did, then she can't divulge that info, that would be against the law and potential lawsuit against her.

Kelly had posters out,contacted local media etc..did all she could considering her circumstances,why did not anyone from Brandon or Carberry come forward saying where Brew was??

Once again, if you had no intentions of giving up Brew, who you legally adopted, and were threatened with a lawsuit, would you contact Kelly?

Why no picture on the adoption-site?? TOO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED!!
In some instances secrecy is warranted,as we on this Forum know,instances that involve animal-abuse,puppy-mills,dog-fighting etc..where owners are criminals,Kelly is no criminal.

While nobody thinks Kelly is a criminal: The law is very clear: the private info on the new adopters can't be divulged, period. Secondly, Brew has been adopted for a month, they update the website on a regular basis so his picture is taken off already. I don't see any pictures of "adopted" pets from the pound on that website, only from the rescue site

I might not write as"intelligently"as some,I'm running solely on human emotions and my love of animals.
I can easily put myself in Kellys place,feel the frustration
I think you write very well, Chico. We must remember we are only hearing one side of this story, don't know what is true or not.
We all understand Kelly's hurt and frustrations, but some life lessons are hard.

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
__________________
Cat maid to:

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
  #505  
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:14 AM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
OMG, this is sooo frustrating. Love4 i just went back and re-read the whole post from beginning to end. In your second post you admitted you misread what was said. I will refresh for you. Brew was at the pound, kelly was looking in carberry (sp?) finally finds out brew was in Brandon on the 18th day. calls, he was adopted out on day 16, that is 2 days not a month, i don't care how officiant they are they would have still had the picture two days later. Something isn't right about this whole story. The ac guy doesn't turn in ticket, lady lies and says Brew was in bad shape, etc,etc. The dog escaped twice in 6yrs, not blaming the kids but both times involved the children. If something was done on day 2 or 3 alot of unneccessary hurt would have been avoided. And if everyone re-reads the post, KELLY didn't threaten to sue anyone for a very long time, tho several members suggested she do so, she out and out says she didn't want to go that route, phew I feel better now.
  #506  
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:18 AM
SARAH SARAH is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,718
Aslan, what are you doing here? I thought ... oh well, never mind.
  #507  
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
yeah,yeah i know, repeat to myself, i will avoid the brew post, i will avoid the brew post.
  #508  
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
CanadianChic CanadianChic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I don't think canadianchic is Kelly bashing, she is taking away all the fluff that kelly has posted and looking at the facts. I too, have seen inconsistencies in Kelly's postings.

Just because somebody has a difference of opinion that does not make them angry people. We all have the right to express our opinions in a civil manner, which I think canadianchic has done very articulately. It is called freedom of speech. What types of countries does not allow freedom of speech? Is that what we want for our country?

Remember, Kelly has brought this to a public forum and she should expect to take the good with the bad. If she didn't then she should have not posted.
Finally, a voice of reason and common sense. Thank you Love4himies, your words are appreciated. Although I have no reason or desire to defend myself on a mssage board there sure are a lot of unfounded accusations from posters flying around. I have been accused of harbouring information, having an ulteriour motive, being angry, lacking empathy, concern and consideration and hiding behind my anonymity. Then these same posters have the nerve to accuse me of insulting others. Hypocrite anyone?

I have read through the posts and it is clear to me that Kelly was irresponsible. Then, instead of admitting her fault, she blamed everyone and anyone and came up with a world of excuses. She has changed her story multiple times. I have no ulteriour motive here - I simply call a spade a spade and refuse to offer false sympathy. In most cases, in most pounds a dog is put down after 72 hours. Instead of blaming the pound keeper for extending the 72 hour limit to three weeks and finding a good home for Brew, she wants to sue!! I am amazed at the number of posters who have not only jumped on this bandwagon but are taking 'her' side of the story at face value and joining in on the slanderous campaign. This is a very fine line that must be tread carefully, as the pound keeper's reputation and actions are called into question, and if no proof can be provided to back this up, then the legal action is on their side...not Kelly's.

I have tried to understand how this could have happened, and considered it from Kelly's point of view, but unfortunately I come up short regardless of the angle. If my cat were missing, I would move mountains to get him back and if I didn't act until it was too late I would have no one to blame but myself. Perspective people! I never accused this woman of neglecting or abusing her animal, but I have said she is responsible. You do not assume your dog is being cared for and will be hand delivered to your door when it is a good time for you. If people cannot see this, then they are responding by emotion as opposed to basic common sense.

As for the IQ comment, it was obviously a joke, but given the responses I have found myself amidst a very humourless crowd. I do not need a hug, I am not on a 'recog' (that one made me laugh) and my interest in this is that of mine alone. Because I disagree with the majority here does not make me 'suspect'. It makes me interested and as was pointed out...the OP needs to be prepared for a dissenting opinion when they post their troubles on an internet message board.
  #509  
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:43 AM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
Well personally i have not insulted you, nor will i lower myself to that level. I do find it interesting that you come to a new forum for you. And immediately head for this post. You didn't introduce yourself and say hi, you immediately came here, that is what i'm finding suspect. As for your iq comment, its not that people here don't have humour, its people here,not having been introduced to you don't know anything about you, so it didn't come across as a joke.
  #510  
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:50 AM
CanadianChic CanadianChic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Well personally i have not insulted you, nor will i lower myself to that level. I do find it interesting that you come to a new forum for you. And immediately head for this post. You didn't introduce yourself and say hi, you immediately came here, that is what i'm finding suspect. As for your iq comment, its not that people here don't have humour, its people here,not having been introduced to you don't know anything about you, so it didn't come across as a joke.
Thank you for your response. Perhaps I should have introduced myself in this thread. I did not realize it was necessary...I just jumped in and posted my opinion. This site is new to me and I did in fact post a thread in the Introduction section. There was no hidden agenda or sinister intent in any of my posts. I am not an evil person and I believe that once everyone becomes a little more familiar with me they will realize this. I am a very honest person, I have more respect and love for animals than most people I know (sad but true) and am a cat owner myself which is why I became a member here. Perhaps I will share a little more of myself as I become more comfortable here but others need not be so paranoid in the interim.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.