Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

It's going to get very cold tonight--low 20s! I'm so glad he's somewhere warm!
All thanks to you
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

All thanks to the scarily vigilant Pack! They're very proud.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:11 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awwww hazel You did something very very special. You saved this little one so he can now find his forever home. He is such a sweetheart I have no doubt he will find one very soon. You are his

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I wish I was his Mommy!

But I'll settle for , I guess... Do you have to dust halos? Cuz I hate dusting...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:25 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Your halo can get a little tarnished now and then. I know with all that setter spittle you won't be able to keep it shiny and new all the time. Allttthhhooouugghhhhhhh...... setter spittle has been known to have some pretttttyyy mean cleaning agents.....

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:27 PM
-

Quote:
But I'll settle for , I guess... Do you have to dust halos? Cuz I hate dusting...
But you can use your new foster Cebercus (is that his name ) to clean the halo
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:31 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh, that's right! Cerberus can help

Hmmmm...setter spittle has cleaning properties? I wonder if it would work on the blue stains (too much copper) in the bath tub! Gotta see if I can get them all to drool in the tub next time it needs cleaning. Thanks for the tip, 14+!

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:36 PM
-

oh it's Cerberus sorry little guy
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:46 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Oh, that's right! Cerberus can help

Hmmmm...setter spittle has cleaning properties? I wonder if it would work on the blue stains (too much copper) in the bath tub! Gotta see if I can get them all to drool in the tub next time it needs cleaning. Thanks for the tip, 14+!
Hazel! You have had these wonderful pups for how long and you didn't know about the cleaning agents????? Darn, what kind of a setter momma are you? You have been spending far too much time with Cerberus and neglecting the poor setters!!!!! Now tuck Cerberus into bed (your pocket) and pay some attention to your doggies!!!!

and then could I pretty please, please, please borrow them when I have to clean my tub? I hate cleaning tubs.

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm...setter spittle has cleaning properties?
Well Cally's waiting-on-a-cookie drool sure helped keep the kitchen floor clean so I'm sure 8x Setter Spittle Strength would do a wonderful job

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
You have been spending far too much time with Cerberus and neglecting the poor setters!!!!!
nah she's just neglecting the cleaning

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:54 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
nah she's just neglecting the cleaning
Yeah, that's true. That vaccuuming..........
But.... I thought that's why "C" moved in?? He's supposed to be taking over cleaning duties. He can check out the setter spittle too!

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM

sounds like C is still in training so it may take a little while before he can be expected to take on the job fully w/out supervision

Old October 25th, 2008, 11:00 PM
150% PRO S/N

Nope, his orientation should be over with by now. Most new jobs only offer 5 to 6 hours of training. I think he's had more than enough.

Old October 25th, 2008, 11:03 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Cerberus is scared of setter saliva...he's been spending a fair amount of time drying off!

I knew about the healing qualities and floor-cleaning abilities, but I'd never thought to try it in the tub! Oh, silly hazel!!!

Old October 25th, 2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Nope, his orientation should be over with by now. Most new jobs only offer 5 to 6 hours of training. I think he's had more than enough.
I think he's dragging it out, scared Cole's gonna try to eat him if he finds him alone and then there's Brier not done w/the eat everything stage

Old October 25th, 2008, 11:59 PM
-

Quote:
I think he's dragging it out, scared Cole's gonna try to eat him if he finds him alone and then there's Brier not done w/the eat everything stage
I suspect Cole and Brier were only cleaning him
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:01 AM

musta been one of those deep down get everything kinda cleaning

Old October 26th, 2008, 12:04 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Grace likes to taste Cerberus when she gets a chance, too. He's so popular!

I wish they could apply that deep down get everything kind of cleaning to the carpet!

Old October 26th, 2008, 12:05 AM
-

Quote:
musta been one of those deep down get everything kinda cleaning
ummm yummmyyy they said
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Senior Contributor

I completely missed this thread. Better late than never, I guess.

You did a great job Hazel, I hate to imagine what would have become of him had he not wandered into your yard.

Hopefully the shelter will let you know when he's adopted. Or maybe he'll become the shelter mascot, cause he's just so personable, and you can go visit him whenever you want.

In any case, his life is going down a much different path now because of you.

ps: I know all about crying in shelters, I dropped 2 kittens of last fall and nearly had a mental breakdown, the girl musta thought I was a little touched in the head.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:37 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Thanks, Stacer. I guess so...I still woke up about 4 times last night thinking I had to go check on Kitty and worrying that he might have some siblings still out there...

But Kitty, at least, is safe.

Old October 31st, 2008, 12:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Got an update (finally managed to call at the right time ) on Kitteh and he's doing well!

They think he's about 6 mos old. All his bloodwork came back good! Will be on antibiotics for the URI for a few more days, then his neuter, and then he'll be ready to adopt.

I am sooooo trying to talk myself out of going back for him when he's up for adoption...I know it's crazy...but I keep having this (totally unrealistic) vision of him sitting peaceably in the living room with the Pack, snoozing...

But I know it's to even think that's workable!!

*sigh* A girl can dream, though, can't she? :sad:

Old October 31st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Hazel, that's fantastic. I'm glad the little guy is doing well, although I'm very saddened to hear he's ony 6 months old and was out there in the cold world all by his lonesome.

At least he's getting the proper care and will soon have a new home.

I know what you mean about dreaming. There are so many you want to help, and it's so hard to turn away.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 31st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

You don't think a slow intro with the pack would allow your pack to think Mr. Grey is a critter to be protected? I know my old Bootsie who was a hunter and fighter supreme, would not touch a baby squirrel my sister brought into the house, or fight any of my cats that I brought home when I visited.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 31st, 2008, 12:27 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I was pretty surprised that I guessed his sex and age just about right on the money!

Maybe I know more about kittehs than I thought.

But ya, don't you just wish you had the space, money and staff to bring them all home!?

Old October 31st, 2008, 12:30 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree with L4H- My uncle has 4 english setters, 2 gordon setters and 3 beagles, they are hunting/house dogs and were obviously bred to hunt. He introduced a cat into the house, i think you would be able to too
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
You don't think a slow intro with the pack would allow your pack to think Mr. Grey is a critter to be protected? I know my old Bootsie who was a hunter and fighter supreme, would not touch a baby squirrel my sister brought into the house, or fight any of my cats that I brought home when I visited.
They might, one-on-one. What worries me is when they're working as a Pack. The instincts in play then are totally different than when they're alone and sane.

Granted they might not go into Pack-mode inside (and kitteh would be an indoor cat for sure) but I can't be sure of that. Outside, if they find a rabbit inside the fence, the Pack instinct is unstoppable when you have 8 to try to control. :sad: If they did that inside, as small as the house is, I shudder to think what would happen.

Kitty pimp

good work hazel nothing like kitty love
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
I was pretty surprised that I guessed his sex and age just about right on the money!

Yeah, packages are just about the same on boys, doesn't matter the species
Maybe I know more about kittehs than I thought.

Did you not say at one time you had a cat? Or am I totally losing it?

But ya, don't you just wish you had the space, money and staff to bring them all home!?
I would be sooooo tempted to give it a try..... sooooo tempted.........

Last edited by 14+kitties; October 31st, 2008 at 12:35 PM.