Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thumbs up Two more go in on Sunday.

Orbit, the second black cat; and Benni, the pregnant mom; go on Sunday to get fixed. I am praying Benni is not too far along for them to fix. Kittens are not something I want to deal with right now. Although I would if necessary. Orbit has turned into a snugglebum. I pick him up and he just sort of melts into me. He will make someone a great kitty if I can get him adopted. But my criteria is something like L4H's.
I need to find a spot for Snoopy, the kitten, for a few days so mom can recover. I have run out of spots. Wonder if DH would notice a small white/black tabby boy in the house?????
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Yikes! that Benni can be spayed.

Orbit looks like such a sweetheart
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oribit rings a bell, but I'm drawing a blank on Benni... I don't remember Benni at all! Sigh...senility....early senility, of course, cuz only madame hazel is really old

Good luck to both of them Sunday!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

Wonder if DH would notice a small white/black tabby boy in the house?????

Mmm 14+, have you checked out the catery for comfort, you may find yourself out there

Snoopy is so adorable, don't see how he could object to one more. LOL

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
Wonder if DH would notice a small white/black tabby boy in the house?????

Mmm 14+, have you checked out the catery for comfort, you may find yourself out there

Snoopy is so adorable, don't see how he could object to one more. LOL
I actually have wondered how warm it would be to spend the night over there one night. Just to cuddle down among all the kitties. I would have to get rid of all the stupid misquitoes though. Or, wait till it's too cold for them.
And he could object to one more. Believe me, he could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Oribit rings a bell, but I'm drawing a blank on Benni... I don't remember Benni at all! Sigh...senility....early senility, of course, cuz only madame hazel is really old

Good luck to both of them Sunday!
Orbit is the second black kitty who got himself trapped in the greenhouse live trap a couple of weeks ago.
Name:  100_5686_00.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  59.1 KB
Benni is the one I took from that woman who said she was going to put her down unless someone took her. Supposedly she won't let her cats close to the house. I named her Benni because #1, she needs a name for the rescue to fix her and #2, she is cranky just like Bennie on George Lopez. Hubby came up with that one. I didn't find out about the kitten until after I agreed to take her. Then she told me about the "10 week old kitten". She neglected to tell me Benni was pregnant again.
Name:  100_5809.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  52.6 KB
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I guess I do remember Bennie...just hadn't heard the name before, I think. Whew...not so senile after all!

Orbit I remembered.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 14th, 2009, 01:09 AM

for Orbit - happy to hear he's a snuggler will make adoption easier for a black cat if you can bear to part with him

for Benni she's not very far along & hopefully you can find a home for her (preferably not that guy's barn) too

and of course for the kitten getting adopted - does he have a name yet & when can you get him in for a neuter?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:39 PM
150% PRO S/N

Well, just got home.

Orbit - One and a half years old. 9.9 pounds. Was not happy on the way. Much happier coming back. I think he was happy I picked him up. Probably thought he was being dumped.

Benni - Just One year old. 4.4 pounds. :sad: Was pregnant. Is not now. She was very quiet on the way there. Made up for it on the way home. I held her carrier on my knee as she didn't want to settle on the back seat. She didn't on my knee either. She got me with her claws a few times. I will check on her soon. I hope she settles now she is back home.
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

I am so glad everything went well. Keep us posted

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

omd, isn't 4.4 a bit small? Especially to be preggers? :sad: Benni is so lucky you have her!

Glad the surgeries went so well! for quick recoveries for both of them!

Old August 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yes hazel, 4.4 is really tiny to be preggers. And this was at least her second time to be pregnant. I haven't seen the "lady" who gave her up in the store since I got her but wait till I do. I have a few choice words for her. I am having problems trying to find a food she will eat. Snoopy (the kitten) too. They seem to only eat a very small amount of wet but you put dry in they go to town. I am going to have to do some experimenting. They both need to put on mega weight.
First two are Benni not looking too happy. I put Snoopy in a crate right beside her so she can see him but he can't get to her to harm her stitches. Hopefully she will sleep the night away. She has a lot of healing to do. :sad:
Name:  100_5900.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  59.7 KB
Name:  100_5912.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  65.8 KB
Orbit on the other hand....... Oh yeah, that's the spot.
Name:  100_5906.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  62.3 KB
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Slave to the Kitties

I am glad everything went well. Poor kitties. :sad:
I think you need to keep orbit, he is way too lovable.
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh, it's nice to see Orbit so companionable!

Poor Benni. Lots of coming her way! She's a beautiful girl!

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwina View Post
I am glad everything went well. Poor kitties. :sad:
I think you need to keep orbit, he is way too lovable.
He is a sweetie! I think he will make someone a wonderful pet. I am spreading the word at work. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Oh, it's nice to see Orbit so companionable!

Poor Benni. Lots of coming her way! She's a beautiful girl!
I love her nose. It's darker than any of my other tabbies. Just need to get her fattened up and a lot more sociable. She won't be going to a barn either. She is much too small. I just went to check on them. Orbit is sawing logs. She is still awake and on guard.
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:55 PM
-

Holy crap 4.4 lbs and pregnant ? omg , you saved her life you know !!!

Orbit already likes you
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:03 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Holy crap 4.4 lbs and pregnant ? omg , you saved her life you know !!!

It makes me so angry when I think she already had one litter. How big do you think she was when she had them three or four months ago? She never got a chance to gain anything back from nursing them and she was pregnant again. Sometimes people make me sick! And no, I never did phone the "lady" back to let her know Benni and Snoopy were ok.

Orbit already likes you
Orbit is just a sweetheart. He is sure coming around.
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Doggie Wench

They certainly found fortune crossing your path 14+. I can't tell you enough, you're one amazing woman .
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ 4.4lbs and pregnant? That is terrible...I'm so glad she has you, poor kitty. I hope she heals quickly.

You probably know this, but could u sprinkle day food on top of the wet?

Darby is a dry food junkie and I had to do that to get her to eat wet.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:37 AM

:sad: so teensy wee Benni

for Orbit & Benni's adoptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
for the kitten getting adopted - does he have a name yet & when can you get him in for a neuter?
So he's got a name........when's Scooby scheduled for a neuter?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:38 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
14+ 4.4lbs and pregnant? That is terrible...I'm so glad she has you, poor kitty. I hope she heals quickly.

You probably know this, but could u sprinkle day food on top of the wet?

Darby is a dry food junkie and I had to do that to get her to eat wet.

Debbie
Thanks TQ. Yep, I knew the dry food trick. It is one of many I have up my sleeve to try. We shall see what I can do. She just needs to gain. So does Snoopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
:sad: so teensy wee Benni

for Orbit & Benni's adoptions
So he's got a name........when's Scooby scheduled for a neuter?
Scooby - cute! Snoopy needs to be six months old or three pounds to go in for his snip. I figure he is around 3 - 4 months, maybe 2 pounds at the most so it will be a bit yet.
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG Bennie looks just like Rose and tiny too.

What an you are. I hope you will be able to spay her , the world just doen't need anymore kittens and momma needs to get her own body into shape without worrrying about nursing kittens.

Sending some for their surgery.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:09 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
OMG Bennie looks just like Rose and tiny too.

What an you are. I hope you will be able to spay her , the world just doen't need anymore kittens and momma needs to get her own body into shape without worrrying about nursing kittens.

Sending some for their surgery.
L4H - read the latter parts of the thread hon. She was spayed yesterday. :sad: Post #11. Now it's time for her to start healing. And you are right. She is just like Rose.
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Senior Contributor

L4H,Bennie was just spayed yesterday and aborted and little Orbit neutered,you must have missed that part.

This sweet little girl will never have to be preggers againthank's to our kitty
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
L4H - read the latter parts of the thread hon. She was spayed yesterday. :sad: Post #11. Now it's time for her to start healing. And you are right. She is just like Rose.
Sorry, I am at work and have to look through the posts so quickly .

Glad to hear she was spayed.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG 14+, I can't fathom that little girl having babies. At least she will never have to go through that again.

Orbit looks like a doll!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:29 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Sorry, I am at work and have to look through the posts so quickly .

Glad to hear she was spayed.
That's ok. I'm glad she is done too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
OMG 14+, I can't fathom that little girl having babies. At least she will never have to go through that again.

Orbit looks like a doll!
I know. I am so angry with that person!
Orbit is so laid back and happy. Seems a little hesitant about being picked up. On the way back home he was so quiet. It was almost like he was so relieved when I came back to pick him up he knew he could relax.
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Orbit is so laid back and happy. Seems a little hesitant about being picked up. On the way back home he was so quiet. It was almost like he was so relieved when I came back to pick him up he knew he could relax.
Poor little guy. He just wanted to know he wasn't being abandoned again.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old August 17th, 2009, 06:07 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Poor little guy. He just wanted to know he wasn't being abandoned again.
Yep, my feeling exactly. I have doubts he came from the barn down the road. I am getting a large vibe that he was dumped. He is such a sweetheart. I don't know how people can do that and still look at themselves in the mirror.

I am going to go spend some time with the garage kitties now.
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Yep, my feeling exactly. I have doubts he came from the barn down the road. I am getting a large vibe that he was dumped. He is such a sweetheart. I don't know how people can do that and still look at themselves in the mirror.

I am going to go spend some time with the garage kitties now.
My biggest regret, was dropping off a cat I tried to keep for 2 weeks. I didn't know better and was naive about my choices for allergy management. For the rest of my life I will think about that cat. For the rest of my life I will think of her and hope she found a home, and hope she forgave me for letting her go. It boggles my mind that there are people who don't give a second thought to doing something like that.

I think that's why I didn't give up on Czari. I had to make it work, if for any other reason to at the very least give her a home, where I could not give one to Serena, who had also been a stray.:sad:

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Senior Contributor

om i can't believe 4.4 and prego again. its amazing the other kitten is doing as well as he seems to be. makes me look at stormy who only weighs about 5 pounds and i wouldn't ever let her bring babies in the world. or any of my cats for that matter. no matter how cute kittens are.

so glad orbit is so sweet. i can't believe someone just lets cats go. so sad this world we are in :sad:

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007