Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old January 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

That's too bad, when I was comparing pictures, Billie looks so much like the dog at the SPCA

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I am always hoping for all of you,Shirley,SIL and Carly and any others with lost dogs,that one day we will get some good news
There are many stories of dogs found after a long time,so please do not give up hope,they are out there somewhere.:sad:
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM

yes, (in response to your posts with amateze) I did have spencer's story in a dog magazine, on a local talk show and on a radio station...none of which helped. well, the magazine gave a lead which didn't follow through and when I put up my posters people said "oh I saw that dog on t.v. haha. Who knows though, maybe it will help for you.

and.wow, a dog that was returned after 5 years. That's awsome..

still hoping for Billie, Sable and Spencer
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Thanks Dartheo...actually Chris sent me an email regarding the listing yesterday. I called but it wasn't Billie :sad: They said this dog is over 50 lbs and doesn't have a tattoo.
Just thought I'd post another picture of Billie...this was taken about 4 years ago....
Attached Images

Old January 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Sorry...didn't think the picture would turn out so big....
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Look at her,she's soo pretty,where on earth can she be???
SIL,is she smaller than 50lbs,but not as small as a Mini-Pin?
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Thanks Chico2. Yes, Billie is approximately 25lbs...smaller than a doberman pinscher but much bigger than a min pin. She is a standard Manchester Terrier, there are also toy Manchester Terriers. They were bred in England to catch/kill rats They are very fast and are a cross between a black and tan terrier and a whippet. They are not related at all to the dobermans
even though everybody thought she was a doberman puppy. I really wish I knew where she was...for my sake and the sake of my 3 little kids who are still hoping to have a party when she comes home.:sad:
Old January 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG SIL,not only do you have to deal with your own heartbreak but that of the kids too:sad:
It is possible someone took her for a Doberman-puppy and kept her,but who and where
A few years back,a friend of mine found a ShiZuu(sp?),bedraggled,skinny and dirty,I didn't realize at the time how wrong she was keeping the dog,but I sure do now..
Old January 19th, 2008, 10:31 PM

Hi Chico2...yes, unfortunately my kids are still waiting for Billie to come home.
I'm pretty sure that whoever found her thinks she's a doberman pup, she is so friendly and easy going that it isn't hard to fall in love with her.
There is a posting for a male doberman pinscher mix at the west animal shelter. I figured it wasn't Billie because she's a female but I went to look at it anyways...I shouldn't have, this little guy is all skin and bones I hope he finds a forever home soon.
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Senior Contributor

SIL,you know how it sometimes works,you loose something,you go and buy a new one and all of a sudden you find your lost item
Maybe this skinny little guy at the shelter,so very much in need,would make fate bring Billie home.....I know,it's silly but i sometimes works that way.
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:37 PM

I know it's a long-shot, Petlynx has this posted:
FOUND DOG

Honey

If You Have Lost This Pet Contact:
Dana Taylor
Email: beautifulprincessdana@yahoo.com
Phone: (780) 701-8321
Species: Dog (Canine)
Coat Color: Mostly black
Declawed: Unknown
Identification: no (PetLynx )
no (Tattoo)
no (Tag)

Visible Markings: none entered
Date Found: Jan 19, 2008
Found Location: (Rutherford) Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Found Notes: Medium sized female. Looks like a miniature pinscher maybe. Very friendly and loves to snuggle. Black and Tan.
Old January 25th, 2008, 08:48 AM

Hi Dahlene and thanks for the information. I sent the person an email last night and she replied stating that the dog had been picked up by it's rightful owner...happy for them, sad for us. I knew it was a long shot but I definitely had to try...she also said that it looked nothing like Billie.
Thanks again for keeping an eye out
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM

Hi...I've been following up on a few pictures that I have seen on petfinders but still haven't had any luck finding Billie :sad: There is also a posting on the website for the north shelter for a min pin but once again it's not her. There is no picture so I called and even though she was picked up in Etobicoke she has no tattoo.
Thanks again Chris for the email...keep thinking of us, hopefully she's out there somewhere and we can be reunited soon...it's almost been 8 months since she's been gone.
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:48 AM

Like Shirley mentioned in her post, I too was contacted by a reporter of the Globe and Mail for a story. She was surprised to find so many lost pets out there that never received any attention from the media. I hope and pray that this story helps bring our furry friends back home where they belong.
Thanks for all your support and encouragement during this difficult time.
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:56 AM

Hi guys...I posted the Globe and Mail article in the 'newspaper' section but thought I'd place it here too. that something good happens.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ry/?query=dube
Old February 21st, 2008, 01:44 PM
-

They have a photo posted now, it's not Billie. Darn cute tho such huge paws.
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM

Thanks Dartheo...and you're right Chris, she is a cutie.
Old February 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM

Sil,
what a great picture of Billie in the paper. It was so big and clear- someone just as to see it.l
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM

Hi Carly...I couldn't believe that only Billie's picture was on the article. Sorry you didn't get your poster in on time. The photographer for the Globe called me to see where he could find a poster, that was is on the corner store by my house. Most of the other ones are gone or faded so I'm glad that one is still around. for some good news
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:26 PM

oh really? the photogrpahere took that? hahah I was going to say "wow sil, I really liked the way you took a picture of a poster instead of just sending the file..that was clever lol."
That's ok. haha I was complaining to my manager today that I didn't get to put in a picture because I was so busy shelving the books lol. There is this customer that comes into our store everyday, I think he autistic. Every single day he asks me if I miss my dog or if I found my dog. Today I told him about the paper and he went and found one and then started showing customers lol. He was so excited. One guy told me the dog got eaten by a wherewolf though. I think he meant cayote...or, um..regular wolf? ha.

There was so much stuff I wish I could have told the reporter. She asked me questions and I was getting nervous lol..I didn't know how to answer her properly on some of them. As soon as she hung up, I thought of a trillion answers. That's ok though. I'm not even sure why she wanted the poster file though. she said she was "collecting" lost dog posters. Maybe she is working on something.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:03 AM
banned user

Yes Carly your suspicion is correct, Rebecca, the reporter is going to be working with a pet detective in Nova Scotia and I'm sure one of the questions to her will be how to write a lost dog poster...so you see ours will be graded I'm sure. She is supposed to be doing an online interview for another article and said she will probably want some input as to questions to ask about searching for lost pets.
I have forwarded the article to A Channel in Barrie to see if they might consider continuing the theme and also to the other couple of newspapers in Orillia and Barrie. Perhaps we should all consider sending the same kind of request to the TV stations here in Toronto and the Star.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Senior Contributor

WOW,this is getting exciting,who knows,if a movement is started all over Canada something good will come out of it
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM

Carly...I know what you mean about being nervous, I think I kept repeating everything over and over again. The thing that I remember the most is telling her that we had an ad in the Toronto Star for over a month and it's still on the online section...I forgot she worked for the Globe and Mail
Shirley...I'm glad to hear that Rebecca is continuing with this story. We should definitely send the story to other venues, I'm just not sure what's the best way to this it...any suggestions would be great. I had sent something to breakfast television before but never hear back from them so I don't want that to happen again.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM

yeah, I had sent something to breakfast television as well but never heard back either.

Really, she is doing more about pets. Wow, I really like this Rebecca Dube.

Shirley, you said you sent something to Toronto Star? I was searching through the toronto star online yesterday to see if I could find a suitable place to send something so maybe they would do a link story. maybe if we all do it, they will?

I was reading in the other article that saying "large reward, no queestions asked" is a federal offence in Canada. ...I did that lol
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM

Well...it was definitely a long shot but the dog on the TAS East website looks so much like a Manchester that I had to call. They have 'him' (yes him) as a Min Pin but I don't believe that for a minute. Anyways, it has a cropped tail and no tattoo.
I hope the right owner claims him....it reminds me so much of Billie....
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
-

I saw HIM too Sil, he does look so much like Billie, I kept comparing pictures, I really couldn't find any difference. If it was not for the cropped tail, I would say go and check for yourself. As far as being a Min-Pin, a lot of people know no difference. Still keeping fingers crossed tho.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM

Chris...when I called and they said he had a cropped tail I figured it couldn't be Billie. However, my husband pointed out that her tail could have been cropped afterwards...cruel but you never know. He called today and the dog doesn't have a tattoo. I'm still thinking of driving over there tomorrow...I guess I want to make sure that it is really a 'he' and it's not a typo.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
-

Your Hubby is right Sil, whoever has/had Billie could have cropped the tail. Also I couldn't see his willie (don't mean to be rude) and the photo shows quite a lot of his body. Also the person who answers the phone is not the person working with the dogs. Go with your feelings Sil, if not you'll always be thinking 'maybe I should have'.