Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old December 6th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Good grief !! She gave up the dog because it GREW !?!? That's the sames as sayign that this accessory has to go because it doesn't match my blouse. Sheesh !

Sorry--I think I'm threadjacking, but that just ticks me off.

I have to confess I never thought much about "teacup" breeds, but if someone had told me that there was such a thing I might have believed them. I so appreciate the knowledge that's shared here. I feel I'm being a pest sometimes with all my questions but I know that I'm getting solid advice and it's helped me enormously with my pup.
Old December 6th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Yup,that's why she got rid of her..Tinkerbell got to big to fit in her purse I guess.... ..She ended up getting another....GRRRRRRRR

You are not being a pest at all...That's why this site is here.It's for people to ask questions and to get educated on different topics.That's the only way any of us are going to learn.......

I would rather be honest on things and have others learn, then to beat around the bush or sugar coat it.........
Old December 6th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Look at Paris Hilton.She gave up Tinkerbell(supposedly a "teacup" Chi) because she got to big.And get ready for this guys.I heard she paid $10.000 for her...

And how many of the countless Chis purchased by young girls trying to emulate Paris (God knows why)were dumped after these kids realized that Chis are not fashion accessories, but living dogs who eat, cry, chew, bark and poop?
Old December 6th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Ugh! Paris had a dog in the first season of that show "simple Life" and her friend had one in the next version of the show, a cute I suspect Shih Tzu. The next time I saw those girls the friend had ditched the Shih Tzu and had something smaller. They are not setting a good example to the world at large.
I didn't know that Teacups were not a breed type (I have always heard that term associated with Poodles) I did know that "Emperial "Shih Tzu's were just a name for the runts of a litter? would that be the same thing?

This is all the same topic isn't it?

Spelling is an option
Old December 6th, 2005, 03:07 PM

I already hated Paris Hilton for starting the "teehee, dogs are purse accessories!" trend, but this makes me hate her even more.

I just googled for her and apparently she impulse bought a monkey and three ferrets. *facepalm* I'm sorry, but I have no confidence that she has brains enough to know what ferrets need LET ALONE A MONKEY!

Anyway, here's an article about how "teacup" animals are usually just runts.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05236/558948.stm

Best quote from it:

Quote:
"The Taco Bell Chihuahua was around for a long time," and that spurred sales. "We actually got a call from a lady complaining that the Chihuahua she bought wasn't talking," Bunten said.
If there's intelligent life, it's not on this planet.

~LM~
Old December 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Well she no longer has the Monkey...The monkey attacked her while they were shopping.I guess the Monkey didn't like her choice of clothes......

Hmmm,I never heard of "emperial" Shih Tzus...But it could mean the same thing.Runts of the litter that is.
Old December 6th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Senior Contributor

The monkey was a kinkajou. It attacked her because the idiot took a nocturnal animal shopping in the middle of the day! Seems kinkajou's can get a little cranky if they don't get their beauty sleep.
Old December 6th, 2005, 11:46 PM

LOL You'd think of all people Paris would sympathize..
Old December 7th, 2005, 05:15 PM

I just read today that Paris wants a tiger for her birthday. Somebody needs do kick her a**. Seriously. There are mass protests for wearing fur, but not for owning endangered living fur???
Old December 7th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Well I think Paris Hilton with a Tiger puts Paris Hilton AND the tiger on the endangered list. Good grief !! Doesn't anyone love this girl enough to offer her a little guidance?

And aren't there stipulations about who can own a non-domesticated animal? I can't imagine that she knows how to care for a tiger !!!!
Old December 7th, 2005, 06:52 PM

I am sure she doesn't care for her pets. I bet they have a nanny. Doesn't she realize how dangerous a tiger for a pet is. Wouldn't it be funny if the tiger ate her
Salem - DSH

Our pets are our teachers, healers, heroes, and friends.