Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 1st, 2009, 12:43 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Congratulations on your new addition She is really sweet but we will need more pictures just to make sure she still is

I have never had to deal with separation anxiety so I am not much help in that dept...my dogs are always anxious for us to leave so they can have their frozen peanut butter kongs

Leaving lights and the radio on are good ideas. Safe chew toys or even those balls you put the treats in to keep her occupied.

There are many ways to resolved this problem. Hopefully as she gets more comfortable and confident with you she will settle down too.

What are you calling her?

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:07 AM

Congratulations! You really are a special person to go back and adopt this little one! Good for you!!!
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Aww,that's great,thank youshe's a lucky girl
Name and a few more pics please
I cannot help with the SA,cats just go to sleep when we leavebut hope you can work it out..
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:00 PM

Her name will be called Manoi.

We've been working on the SA issue over the weekend and she is starting to get better. Today was the first day that we both had to leave for work/school and she starts to bark for about 15 mins every hour. I work close to my home, so I try to come back at lunch to make her feel better.

And here are so pics of her after she got back home.
Attached Images

Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM

Awww! Too cute although she DOES NOT look happy about the bath!! Thanks for sharing! She is one lucky dog!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Yeah,she does not look too happy,but she'll like to be sweet smelling and clean.
Manoi is a nice name for her,I think you'll do fine with her,like I said before,Manoi is one lucky little girl..
Did the shelter give her a health-check??
Do you know if she's been spayed?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Congrats 7777 - I wish I knew more people like you!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Yeah,she does not look too happy,but she'll like to be sweet smelling and clean.
Manoi is a nice name for her,I think you'll do fine with her,like I said before,Manoi is one lucky little girl..
Did the shelter give her a health-check??
Do you know if she's been spayed?
Thanks for all the comments.

She looks like she's doing fine with the SA.. I have my home phone calling my cell phone so that I can know when she barks... She was barking for about 15 mins every hour yesterday... it's been 1:30 hour now and she's still quiet.

The shelter did have the vet quickly look at her. They gave her a shot and that's about it. She seems to have something stuck in her throat from the shelter. She tries to cough it out but doesn't seem to be able to....

We brought her to the vet when we first found her. The vet says that she seems to be spayed, but isn't 100% sure. I guess I'll find out later when it's spring...
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Senior Contributor

7777 - this coughing may be kennel cough which requires a vet visit. So Berger Blanc is not ensuring that any of their dogs 'adopted out' are sterilized...that's just great.

Anyways, let the vet know what is going on. Is there any mucus coming from the nose? Does she hack alot?

Dumb question - does BB give you a health guarantee?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
7777 - this coughing may be kennel cough which requires a vet visit. So Berger Blanc is not ensuring that any of their dogs 'adopted out' are sterilized...that's just great.

Anyways, let the vet know what is going on. Is there any mucus coming from the nose? Does she hack alot?

Dumb question - does BB give you a health guarantee?
I'll have to bring her to the vet soon for shots (the vet asked me to go back after a month).. I guess I'll see if she can get whatever she's trying to get out first. If it continues, I'll most likely bring her to the vet earlier.

I'm not 100% sure about what they did to the dog (vet-wise). I'll have to check the contract that I signed when I adopted her to see if it says anything about it.

BB does give a guarantee of 3 months.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
-

If she has kennel cough 7777, she will need vet intervention, it isn't a wait and see if she coughs something up. She needs medication.

Any chance of posting a few pics of her dry she is such a little cutie
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7777 View Post
I'll have to bring her to the vet soon for shots (the vet asked me to go back after a month).. I guess I'll see if she can get whatever she's trying to get out first. If it continues, I'll most likely bring her to the vet earlier.

I'm not 100% sure about what they did to the dog (vet-wise). I'll have to check the contract that I signed when I adopted her to see if it says anything about it.

BB does give a guarantee of 3 months.
Ok - if they provide a health guarantee, then call them and tell them that the dog is coughing. They will examine and they should provide meds. Anyways, it is worth the try - make them stick to that 3 month guarantee.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:49 AM

Kennel cough is also HIGHLY contagious and she cannot be around other dogs until she is better!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezbglad View Post
Kennel cough is also HIGHLY contagious and she cannot be around other dogs until she is better!
True - however she should be diagnosed first and farmost. If there is a health guarantee then they (pound) is obliged to provide free vet care and meds if need be.