Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 10th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Go Wings Go!

Growler, I know you're not gonna like this thread...

Thought since playoffs are coming, I should support my team with a few pics from this time last year Romeo was so LITTLE!!!

Oh, and Leafs fans - please don't comment in this thread! j/k
Attached Images

Old April 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awwwww and awwwwwwwww!!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Senior Contributor

teeeeny tinnnny romeo

wild thing, u make my heart sing lol. *random musical interlude by onster*

what a cutie.
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Even tho I am cheering for the Bruins and even Les Habs (we are guaranteed great hockey when the Les Canadiens are in the playoffs, lol) , that is a CUTE picture, what a little adorable darling your kitty is! And Detroit cannot be all bad- Gordie Howe, who is one of if not TH$E greatest hockey player of all time, played for them. (My fav is still and will always be Bobby Orr tho).

I have both their autographs and Gordie spelled my name wrong, sigh!!! I know it is not easy to spell so I guess he can be forgiven, hehe And Bobby Orr signed my copy of that famous picture of him getting that flying winning goal in 1970 when the bruins won the Stanley Cup for the 1st time in I forget how many yrs. 9I shoud know that right off, Bruins devotee that I am.) I actually do hope all the Cdn teams and Boston do well, lol

It's funny to go watch the Tampa Bay Lightenings. Last time I was there, we went to see a Boston-Tampa game and I kid you not, the vast mj of the ppl there were cheering for Boston. All those snowbirds from New England and the Maritimes, lol

I enclose a picture of the beloved Mr. Orr - a picture he gave me when he came to see me when I spent many months in halo femoral traction and body casts(very long story!) He knew what it was to be in pain - with his knees so he spent a lot of time talking to me , and he was great with kids. He is a great guy and on a couple occasions, even tho I do not know him really- he has come to see dying children- and it is not like (thx to that jerk Eaglson he has a lot of money!) I usually try to raise money to help defray costs or go to the Children's Wish Foundation. They are great about things like that!
Attached Images

Old April 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Senior Contributor

I met Gordie Howe once AND Brendan Shanahan went to my high school
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Bobby Orr is great too! And Darryl Sitler!
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Kitty pimp

cool Det played d tonight?
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Senior Contributor

They sure did! Won 3-1
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Mtl won 4-1 but it's OK. I do want them to be in the playoffs. Just wish they were not playing my beloved Bruins, sigh!! btw, someone who thought I really disliked the Habs- not true - sat me next to jean Belliveau at a charity dinner. What a wonderful man he was!! Courteous, intelligent! And I never asked him for an autograph- it somehow seemed rude in the scheme of things. I suppose I could always do it now?

And at an environmental event, I was asked to introduce Ken Dryden. Also liked him very much too. Him I did ask for an autograph, lol He also is a great guy - not a showoff at all.

I also met Bob Gainey. I think he is one of the most under rated players of all time. An excellent all round p;layer who never got his due.) And then that tragedy with his daughter!

I've met others - can't think at the moment. One who comes to mind who O loathe is bobby Clarke. He was at my brother's hockey school - his son was there and my brother and I'll just say Elmer MacKay's son (They were best friends) when Elmer was Sol General were roommates and he made some stupid remarks to them, to kids! His son was also there. It was at the Howie meeker school in upstate NY. He arrived there (Clarke) with his big tank of a vehicle- no environmentalist is he! And then what he did to the fellow who had cancer - his GM whose name escapes me, fired him when he was sick. That shows you what kind of person he is.

I sometimes think in Canada, you can tell what generation you are - if we divide ourselves into 2 generations - I often ask the new Residents (ie doctors studying a field of medicine, not newcomers to Canada, just to clarify) if they recall where they were when Paul Henderson scored the winning goal. If they say Paul Who, I know they are younger or definitely NOT hockey fans, lol I mean, I even recall where I was when the US defeated the USSR in Lake Placid (at the game, lol) We had managed to get tix bec who thought that would happen, lol - and my grandparents had a summer place in the mtns up there. Lovely area, upstate, Potsdam, Lake Placid, etc.
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Senior Contributor

And I even cried when the US won, lol Still know who Mike Erozione is and loved that coach and the Craig fellow - the goalie who was hanging on to the flag and looking for hid dad - who I think ad cancer - in the crowd, amg the fans. I think Mike E prob made the right decision- how do you top that kind of achievement? It's tough.

Never met Gretzy tho. <g> He seems OK too. Except for charging fees for the first baby's picture- thought that was a tad strange. But there was an article the other day suggesting that the beginning of the end of hockey as we knew it started the day G was sold to the LA. But time will tell. When you have teams in Carolina and Florida. I love being able to go to an NHL game in Fla, lol

Oh I do know Sid the Kid (ie Sidney Crosby) quite well but that is a local thing, he is from Halifax. Well ,Cole Harbour and he comes in and visits my patients all the time. Especially boys who love hockey and even if I tell him there are few tweenies who need some attention and you know, they love him!! Those little girls. (I ws prob like that about Bobby Orr, he had the nerve to say that to me one day. He had come to see a 10 yr old who had a severe form of leukemia and she was so excited about seeing him - she told him if she was older, she'd marry him (she was on a lot of morphine) and Sid says to me later, "I just bet you were like that with Bobby Orr, lol" Brat! Kind and considerate brat tho. He was on Facebook acct when I had one, lol Cole Harbour - where Sid is from 0- has a superb minor hockey system, I'd venture to say one of the best in Canada.

Oh and I have a relative who plays in the NHL, lol Can;t forget him. Gawd. Do I come from a hockey family or WHAT!!! I even was PR person for a minor hockey program for a short time, lol
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg4050 View Post
Growler, I know you're not gonna like this thread...
It is an adorable pic only because of Romeo Red is a good colour for him

Hard to remember/imagine they were all that tiny once

btw I have this hanging on my living room wall.......yes it's the 3'x5' flag 4-0
Attached Images

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:44 AM

awww hehe too cute
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:41 AM
-

The Red Wings Meg! Where are your loyalties?

" GOLFLEAFSGOLF"
Old April 12th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
The Red Wings Meg! Where are your loyalties?

" GOLFLEAFSGOLF"
Hey now, I'm a South-Western Ontario girl at heart! Not a Torontonian! Besides, I could never cheer for a team doomed for failure

There's a divide in the family...my sister and I are hardcore Wings fans and my dad and brother are Leafs fans, my boyfriend too! Every year I just prove to them the women are OBVIOUSLY smarter!

Cyber - you sure have a lot of hockey ties!!! I know a few young players in the NHL now that played for London's OHL team and some that played for the school's hockey team. Oh and I met Mats Sundin last week.. still waiting for Darcy Tucker... he's the ONLY good part of the Leafs
Old April 12th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Meg,although I am now rooting for the Habs,I have a secret spot for the Red Wings.
You know of course that more than half of the Wings are Swedish
Old April 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg4050;578849

Cyber - you sure have a lot of hockey ties!!! I know a few young players in the NHL now that played for London's OHL team and some that played for the school's hockey team. Oh and I met Mats Sundin last week.. still waiting for Darcy Tucker... [SIZE="1"
he's the ONLY good part of the Leafs [/SIZE]
Well, I never met any of those guys, lol The closest I have come is to stay at that hotel, Carleton Inn maybe on Carleton St. in TO once- and we went to a game at Maple Leaf Gardens- before they moved - and of course to visit the Hockey Hallof Fame.
Old April 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Meg,although I am now rooting for the Habs,I have a secret spot for the Red Wings.
You know of course that more than half of the Wings are Swedish
Yup! Plus more Canadians than most teams! Well, they did before Stevie retired and Shanahan left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten View Post
Well, I never met any of those guys, lol The closest I have come is to stay at that hotel, Carleton Inn maybe on Carleton St. in TO once- and we went to a game at Maple Leaf Gardens- before they moved - and of course to visit the Hockey Hallof Fame.
Comfort Inn on Carlton? That's a block from my old apartment! There's a pub across the street from the Gardens that we go to a lot since it's pretty much on campus, but apparently the team used to be there all the time when they played there! Now a lot of tv/movie celebs go there from time to time since they filmed a lot in the Gardens before they started renovating it for Loblaws. My boyfriend met Russell Crowe there!

I've also met Jason Williams from the Wings... he's a Londoner and bought a house a block from mine last summer!
Old April 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Awww...such a tiny kitty.....so cute...so misguided...

Go Flames Go!
Attached Images

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Cute, FordGirl... but Romeo misguided? I think not! I guess we'll see next round... that is if the Flames can make it past San Jose