Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old September 26th, 2006, 04:52 PM

Nicky is sooo cute. I can definatly see alot of Wolf in him. (Not a real Wolf, my Pom's name is Wolf!!!)

I cant remember if you tried this or not for the pottying, I've never tried it myself (or even seen one!) but what about a belly band?

Apparently they are suppose to help male dogs go pooty outside and not inside.

Well good luck, and Id say he is definatly Pom, or part Pom!
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Fish Guru - Formerly sneakypete79

Heres a couple pics of my Dog Muffin,
she was sold as a purebred pomeranian,
but later we found out her mom is pom and her
dad is a long haired chihuahua.
i think your dog is the exact same cross,
a pom-chi. Even looks to be about the exact
same size, about 10-11 pounds.

Old September 27th, 2006, 07:58 AM

SarahLynn

Hey SarahLynn,
Thanks for the advice. I was going to try the belly band and have completely forgotten about it. However, Nicky is back to pooping right in front of his crate again, and then on the carpet right in front of us this morning!! I don't know why he's doing this!! My partner is absolutely FURIOUS and it's causing us to fight all the time. I just don't know what to do with Nicky. I have no explanation for why he's doing this. I'm going to go buy a belly band tonight. I don't know what else to try. Thanks!
~M~

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:00 AM

SneakyPete

Hey there SneakyPete! It's the fish guy! lol
You may be on to something there. Nicky and Muffin look soooo much alike. Nicky is exactly 11 pounds too! Thanks for your input!

~M~

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:34 AM

little dogs, eh? So hard to housetrain sometimes.
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:43 AM

lol..so true Prin..so true!
Insert icon for banging head into brick wall here, please..lol

Old September 27th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Since I don't have any advice, I'll contribute this:
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM

Does he go in the exact same spot everytime?

My other dog, Belle does this. We really haven't figured out why and its not all the time so we put one of those plastic runners (4$ at walmart in the carpet section) in the spot she always goes.

She still goes in the same place sometimes, but now we just wipe it up and the house doesn't smell.

We tried everything with her, crating, spaying natures miracle, keeping on an extremely strict schedule, and so far nothing has worked more then a month or two.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:02 PM

I'm thinking cocker spaniel...

He's very cute!
Old October 4th, 2006, 09:58 AM

For Sarahlynn

Hey Sarah!
Um..does Nicky go in the same spot every time...He goes in the same basic area. We have his crate in the laundry room and we have to newspaper the walls, washer, dryer, and area in front of the crate because it's as if he just stands in that area and lifts his leg or poops. He's able to keep in on the newspaper, except for the pooping..but it's close to right in front of his crate. The other place he pees is ON the baby gate that keeps him in the kitchen. So, it ends up on the carpet just outside of the gate and all over the gate. I used to think that he was paper trained at some point because he's pretty good at keeping it on the newspaper, however, that doesn't explain peeing on the baby gate or pooping in front of his crate. Also, if we didn't have newspaper down surrounding his crate, he'd pee all over the walls and washer and dryer, so that pretty much kills my paper-trained theory. I don't know why he does it but I wish he'd stop! I'll be going out to buy him a belly band tomorrow, but they say you shouldn't leave your dogs alone with a belly band on in case it gets full and starts constricting, but the whole purpose in us needing one is because we aren't home to catch him in the act! So I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Get the belly band anyway?

Old October 13th, 2006, 08:19 AM

Ok, I've had the belly band on Nicky for almost a full week now and no accidents! Wooo Hooo!

Old October 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Ok, I spoke too soon. Nicky didn't poop lastnight and he refused to poop this morning so what did I come home to at lunch time today? You guessed it...he pooped in his belly band/diaper! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WTH??
He hasn't peed in it yet, but that doesn't really make me feel any better. I just don't get it.

Old October 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM

Wait... He pooped in what?
Old October 13th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Prin

LMAO..Prin..it looks like a little diaper on him! And he pooped in it! WTH?
So apparently he doesn't mind having poop attached to his body!

Old October 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM

That must suck! That's going to make housetraining even harder.

(HUGS)
Old October 15th, 2006, 08:32 AM

New to the forum here, but had to stop in and tell you how beautiful your Pom is!! What a gorgeous dog!

I can only imagine the frustration and questions about him soiling so much where he shouldn't. You seem to have a very big heart and in search of the right way by this dog. I loved reading your story... sad and inspiring at the same time.
Courage!

marj
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Thank You!

Prin - Thanks for the hug! I need it! He's 5 years old and still soiling!

Marj- Thanks for the kind words and encouragement and compliments on my beautiful boy!

~M~