Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Senior Contributor

EVO Red Meat - how much $$

Wow, am I out of the loop, or am I paying through the nose for this stuff? Just bought a 13 kg bag for $82 plus tax for a total of $92.00!! I remember reading a while back that they didn't want to increase the size of the bag because consumers wouldn't want to pay $100 for a bag of dog food. But here it is pretty much and they still didn't increase the bag size. The store owner apologized, it's gone up by like $14 since I started buying there a few months ago, he says it's the manufacturer. I think I need to switch brands.

That said, what should I go to?? The grrrls didn't do that great (or like) the Orijen 6 fish, and I can't buy anything with chicken or chicken (poultry) fats due to Halo's allergies. I'm not restricted to really high protein foods as the grrrls are just couch (floor) surfers anyhow. So feel free to offer me any suggestions that may be a tad cheaper than the EVO RM has become. But don't worry, the grrrls will continue to eat good food, even if it's still the EVO, I'd just like to shop around a bit maybe.