Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM

a book all dog and cat owners should read

I have been bouncing around various sites regarding pet food. I found that the first thing I needed to do is to read the book "food pets die for" by ann martin. I was horrified when I found out how most dog foods are made and out of what they are made of. After reading the book I started doing more research and found a site - dogfood anaylsis.com. Seems that most of the foods that are so good for your companions are real unhealthy. Most of them, as you will see, rated a 1 star out of the possible 6 which is the best. This site has me looking in more depth as to what I really should feed my companion. Never again will I buy certain brands because of the sickening rendered contents. There are good quality foods out there but most are beyond poor. There are only a few large producers of pet food yet there are hundreds of different packages. Ralston purina being the largest at approx. 38% of the market of which 41 types are rated 1 star. Do the research.