Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 19th, 2005, 08:37 PM

Sheltie Lost

Hi There, We lost our beloved sheltie on Monday afternoon. She was staying with our breeder/handler as she was to be in a show this weekend. She escaped from her home unfortunately. She was last seen on Old Madoc Rd. in Madoc/Belleville area. She is a sable/white, female, 3 yrs old, very friendly,answers to "Abbey". She was spotted on Wednesday but the people tried to run after her which made her run even faster(please don't chase lost dogs). We are heartbroken, she is a cherished member of our family and my little shadow. Please if you have any info on my little girl please email me at steveandjoanna@rogers.com. I am from Newmarket so its heartwrenching knowing she is running around Belleville area somewhere and I am way down here.

Last edited by Sheltielover; October 19th, 2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Please don't take this the wrong way but I would suggest you go to Belleville and try to find her. She knows you, ,loves you and trusts you so maybe if you hunt around where she was at and bring a few articles of worn clothing she might go back to the spot. Newmarket to Belleville really is not too long a trip for a dog you love. Also, have you contacted Kingston Humane Society, Quinte Humane Society, etc... as they are all shelters in the surrounding area who may have received her. Just some thoughts. I hope you get her back soon.
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:22 AM

Hi BMD LOVER, I am heading there today and spending the whole day. My hubby and I took the day off work so we would have the whole day to search. Wish me luck, I hope we get some leads. Thanks for your reply
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Keeping my that you have great success in finding her!
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:32 PM

Hi BMD Luver,

We went out and spent a good 8 hrs looking for her, recombing every spot over and over near were she has been seen and a good 2 miles around those areas as well . Calling and calling, but nothing. I feel so defeated. I cried all the way home. She will always be my heart dog....I pray that its not the end and I will hear some news soon. There is an ad in the paper tomorrow and Sunday out there. Thanks for your well wishes for today,I really wish I could have had a lead at least. I'm going to bed now,I'm exhausted.
Old October 21st, 2005, 06:45 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Oh dear, I was praying you would find her. Have you contacted Sheltie Rescue in Niagara? Do you have a photo of her? I can crosspost all the details to multiple Ontario rescues if that would help?