Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 9th, 2015, 12:19 AM

my cats behaviour

Hi. My cat (Trissy) is getting more aggressive. She is six years old. When she was a baby she was loving. I got her at six weeks old. We can't get dressed to go out unless we trick her to go in the bedroom. She is used to this. But lately that's not working. I had company the other day and Trissy seemed aggrevated.So I tried to pick her up to put her in the bedroom,she growled and screamed and badly scratched me and bit me in two places. This is not the first time. And yet she can be so sweet. She gets up on the foot stool a taps my belly and gives me the sweetest look. That's because she wants Temptations. I can't even brush her. She sometimes sleeps on the corner of the bed with us.But she never sits on us. She will rub up against our legs.That's it. We used to be able to take her in the car and she would sit on my shoulder when I was driving. She hates the carrier now. Won't get in it at all, and again when she was younger she would go in no problem. Tonight my husband was getting ready for work and she flipped out when he got dressed she hates shoes. I am so upset. I love her so much. But I may have to get rid of her that kills me to even say that it makes me cry and upset. I bought her head to tail calming chews but that doesn't stop her. I am at a loss, I don't know where to turn. She has really long fur and sometimes her stool gets caught in her fur, but she won't let me remove it. Can anyone help?
Attached Images

Old January 9th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Is she an inside cat? How often, how long and how do you play with her? Drag a string around the floor, throw foamy balls or crunched up paper balls, play with a stick under a piece of carpet?

You will read that cats don't need much exercise and sleep most of the day but I find that's not true at all. Especially if they are inside and unable to roam or hunt, you have to provide the simulated acitivities. Cats need more activity than a lot of people think. Of course some need more than others.

It is strange she was not always like this. Perhaps you didn't notice as you began to pay her less attention with play? Or perhaps there is a medical issue going on and she needs a Vet check.
Old January 9th, 2015, 12:48 PM

cat behavior

Yes she is an indoor cat ( apartment) we play with her every day. She has never been a cuddley cat except when she was younger. I have only heard her purr maybe 10 times but not lately. She was at the vet six weeks ago she freaked out there too. She is healthy. We took her there because she was he was constipated. We had given her a new dry food and she gobbled it down so we gave her more, big mistake.
Old January 9th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

How is she peeing , , it might hurt to be picked up . You could try feeling her and see how she react to being touch .
Old January 12th, 2015, 12:17 PM

cat behavior

She pees fine nothing health wise wrong. She hates us getting dressed to go out. She hisses growels and attacks the feet. We have to trick her into the bedroom. She plays she rolls over when she is happy. She pats my belly when she wants temptations. She was at the vet six weeks ago no issues. She took a fit there I had to leave. She is not a lap cat doesn't like being held.