Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old November 16th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Unhappy I can't take it anymore

This is more of a rant/vent.
I am at my wits end with Bailey peeing in the house EVERYDAY no matter how many times he has been out, no matter how close of an eye I keep on him

Medically there is NOTHING wrong with him ( other than his heart and being deaf) you name the test he's had them over the past 2 years. There is no medical reason for this. And its frustrating

Every day, several times a day ( only on weekends) there will be a fresh puddle of pee in the same spot, it never fails.
I got to the point of crating him at night ( which just broke my heart) he will never mess in a crate but as soon as he comes out of it, he goes outside. I will let him and the others back in, and just as I am about to leave for work... the Bailey pee spot is wet. I swear he insists that everyone knows that is his spot
I don't know what to do?

This is the reason Bailey ended up in rescue in the first place. His previous owners wanted to put him and his buddy down because they pee'd in the house.
Charlie found a wonderful home, I don't know how he is or if he is still alive ( he was almost antiquated at the time) and Bailey stayed here.
Its been like this for 2 years.
I'm tired of mopping, the floor tiles are taking a beating, it has to be behavioral.
Does any one have ANY suggestions?
Anything at all? Honestly at this point I will try ANYTHING to stop this

SOS:sad:
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Senior Contributor

If he always goes in the same spot why don't you just puppy pads down there? I knwo you'd prefer to "fix" the problem but "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old November 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM

I went through a phase with my rescues where one of then would chronically pee in certain spots in the house. I was told that sometimes dogs will urinate in a place that they don't feel is part of their "house". For example, she would pee in the basement, as we didn't spend alot of time down there. It was suggested to me to feed her in the spots of the house where she would urinate, since they won't urinate where they eat or sleep. Maybe try that if it is in one specific spot?

Or, is it possibly a territorial thing? Has another dog/animal urinated in that spot before he/she came to live with you?

I hope this helps...
Old November 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I never thought of pee pads.
I dont know why.
I know he is going to pee in the house 'till the day he dies, I'm sure of it. I mean he's already an estimated 14 years old so its not like things will ever get better.

The food in the corner thing makes sense, but I really don't want him heading out to find a new corner. Until I get some pee pads, I will see how that works though.
Anything is worth a shot at this point.

Thanks
Old November 16th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

He may be old and he may be deaf but I'm willing to bet his old sniffer still works good. Try vinegar. Dogs absolutely despise the stuff.
Old November 16th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

If it is a territorial issue, he will continue to pee everytime his scent fades. I would try moving food dishes to that spot to see if he stops. The other thing you can try is a litter box, but that would depend on the spot where he is peeing and if it is practical. Otherwise, pee pads. You are right, at 14 he ain't gonna change.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 16th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Thumbs up have you tried taking him out on a schedule

trust me, i work and i understand it is very hard to sometimes get them on a schedule - but between me and my roommate - it seems to be helping - plus i put pee pads down also - i have a male pekingense named oreo who just got fixed today - he is still very groggy and i have to work and can't be home with him and then i have a part rat terrier named precious, don't know what the other part is ha!ha! - and she has just had 7 beautiful babies who are a week old today - this is my first time posting on here - ANIMAL LOVERS UNITE
Old November 16th, 2008, 05:00 PM

trust me, i work and i understand it is very hard to sometimes get them on a schedule - but between me and my roommate - it seems to be helping - plus i put pee pads down also - i have a male pekingense named oreo who just got fixed today - he is still very groggy and i have to work and can't be home with him and then i have a part rat terrier named precious, don't know what the other part is ha!ha! - and she has just had 7 beautiful babies who are a week old today - this is my first time posting on here - ANIMAL LOVERS UNITE [/QUOTE]
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Senior Contributor

how big is this piddle bum? I have some panties for dogs that I can give you. They work like like a belly band... PM me

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else